XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477214 times)

Offline theactualstevie

• PC gamer forced to play console because of friends
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sensational
  • PSN ID: N/A
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #465 on: 04:53 PM - 08/28/16 »
I've made a new breakthrough in terms of curves for Overwatch.

Using the standard STV2 Latest firmware(not the beta drop which changes the curve ratio), the 1:1 movement stops at 44.9. If you map all movement linearly to 44.9%, the have 4 plots after that ramp to 100% you get the both of both worlds in terms of movement and accuracy.

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAYMExkgJi0zOUBGTVNZyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Here is an example of the curve. I'm still tuning exactly where you should have the jump to 100, it would definitely be personal preference, depends on your sensitivity too. I'm currently trying 27 sens, 3200DPI with the curve above and reking as every character using 15 aim assist in game. Give it a try and let me know how it feels for you. I'm using no boost as well.

hmmm okay no I have to correct myself. As u said, personal preferences :) I changes it all a bit and now it feels better :)
I would love to hear more from you if u keep improving ur tracer settings :) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this curve to work the best, you want it so you when you are aiming with your wrist, the turn speed indicator of the XIM doesn't flash, and when you move your whole arm fast, it does. THis means when you are wrist aiming the movement is kept from 0-44.9% - which is the 1:1 movement zone. You will be able to track targets really well. When you need to turn quickly, you should move your whole forearm or flick fast, which will activate the 100% part of the curve, letting you turn at full speed as normal.

I would mess around in practive range first you you can get the hang of where the curve acitvates for you. I've been playing on the following for the past 2 hours and been doing well:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAULEBYcISctMjg9Q0lOVFnIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I'm using 40 sensitivity at 3200DPI. I would recommend the same DPI or same near abouts, as lower DPI seems to make the movement more responsive. I keep aim assist less than 30 at all times.

For me this is as close to PC as I could get, I've played Overwatch on PC since release and just started Xbox One a week ago. Overwatch console definitely needs a curve with the time based acceleration, and delaying this acceleration unless you are turning instead of aiming is key.

Just use my curve above, and keep playing around with your sensitivitity. Ideally you want it so your aiming wrist movement speed will not activate the turn speed cap(this is when the red lights flash on the xim)

Don't expect it to make you a god instantly, I still find it hard to attack airborne targets, genjis, lucios up close, but with a bit of practice you can get gold damage and elims every game with this curve as I've been doing.

Also as Tracer, use the right click to blink if you don't already, makes it way easier to blink backwards/sideways that using shift.

Edit:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sensational/video/20995846

Here's a clip I just got with this curve, notice gold elims, damage and 48% accuracy as tracer :)

« Last Edit: 05:01 PM - 08/28/16 by theactualstevie »

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 05:37 PM - 08/28/16 »

Don't expect it to make you a god instantly, I still find it hard to attack airborne targets, genjis, lucios up close, but with a bit of practice you can get gold damage and elims every game with this curve as I've been doing.

I would attribute that to the aim assist glitch which should be patched in the next drop by Blizzard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4yg79m/the_broken_aim_assist_on_console_discussion_and/
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline lebronjames0614

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ACE_LBJ
« Reply #467 on: 01:03 PM - 08/29/16 »
Hey guys

#Beam1mpact and me are very proud to present you the best possible widowmaker config.
#Im using the firmware 20160624-Steadyaim1.exe

#We worked on it around 2 weeks finally ive found my perfect settings i got like every 1-2 Games PotG easily the accuracy is straight on around 50-60% what is really impressive if you check the overall Widow Accuracy in the world. (38%)

#Feel free to give any improves or tipps this is meant to be shared for all xim4 users in the world.

#Check out this Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm0xvEEImhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeSa0fYuws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAmmS7r1pE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngjO3ROcCw

#cplw1dow config:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [cplw1dow] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

#My Equipment

#Logitech G410 Keyboard
#Logitech G502 Mouse
#ZOWIE P-SR Mousepad

#My Settings: (Logitech Software)

#2400 dpi
#1000 tickrate
#default mousepad Logitech settings

#My Overwatch Settings:

#Sensitivity on max 100/100
#Aim Assist 0
#Widow Sensitivity 100 (This is very important otherwise you wont be able to score reflex headshots!)

#Xim4 Hip Settings:

#Sensitivity 35.0
#henrylibre curve (to be allowed to turn fast with a quite low sens in hip fire state)
#Steady Aim ON
#Boost: 80

Curve:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAoUHigyPEZQWmRobHB0eHyAhIiM:X4MB

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

#ADS Xim4 Settings:

#Sensitivity 12.50
#henrylibre curve as well (to be able to do reflex shots)
#Steady Aim ON
#Boost: 0

Curve:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAoUHigyPEZQWmRobHB0eHyAhIiM:X4MB

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Enjoy guys i really tell you if u practice with it a few hours you will already feel this config!

How do you guys think about this graph?
Think it's better to quote here to let more people read it
p.s. the author is kojsdojo

Offline chos3n_one

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 11:15 AM - 08/30/16 »

Using the standard STV2 Latest firmware(not the beta drop which changes the curve ratio), the 1:1 movement stops at 44.9. If you map all movement linearly to 44.9%, the have 4 plots after that ramp to 100% you get the both of both worlds in terms of movement and accuracy.

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Here is an example of the curve. I'm still tuning exactly where you should have the jump to 100, it would definitely be personal preference, depends on your sensitivity too. I'm currently trying 27 sens, 3200DPI with the curve above and reking as every character using 15 aim assist in game. Give it a try and let me know how it feels for you. I'm using no boost as well.

hmmm okay no I have to correct myself. As u said, personal preferences :) I changes it all a bit and now it feels better :)

For this curve to work the best, you want it so you when you are aiming with your wrist, the turn speed indicator of the XIM doesn't flash, and when you move your whole arm fast, it does. THis means when you are wrist aiming the movement is kept from 0-44.9% - which is the 1:1 movement zone. You will be able to track targets really well. When you need to turn quickly, you should move your whole forearm or flick fast, which will activate the 100% part of the curve, letting you turn at full speed as normal.

I would mess around in practive range first you you can get the hang of where the curve acitvates for you. I've been playing on the following for the past 2 hours and been doing well:

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I'm using 40 sensitivity at 3200DPI. I would recommend the same DPI or same near abouts, as lower DPI seems to make the movement more responsive. I keep aim assist less than 30 at all times.

For me this is as close to PC as I could get, I've played Overwatch on PC since release and just started Xbox One a week ago. Overwatch console definitely needs a curve with the time based acceleration, and delaying this acceleration unless you are turning instead of aiming is key.

Just use my curve above, and keep playing around with your sensitivitity. Ideally you want it so your aiming wrist movement speed will not activate the turn speed cap(this is when the red lights flash on the xim)

Also as Tracer, use the right click to blink if you don't already, makes it way easier to blink backwards/sideways that using shift.

Edit:

Here's a clip I just got with this curve, notice gold elims, damage and 48% accuracy as tracer :)

This is an awesome curve. Thanks so much for this. I play a lot of Genji and my aim is already a lot better at mid range with this.

Offline Hoodlums

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 12:03 PM - 09/01/16 »
Been trying out theactualstevie's curve he most recently posted.  I have been having a lot of success, but i did need to make some adjustments.  FYI i am using this curve on PS4 so it does seem to work for both consoles.

Logitech G502
DPI - 12000/1000hz polling
Hip Sens - 30.03
ADS - 15.02
Y/X Ratio - 0.75
Boost - 0
Steady Aim - on
Aim Assist - 0-20
Widowmaker/Ana sens - 100

I also tried the following and it worked similar.
DPI 3600/1000hz polling
Hip Sens - 100
ADS Sens - 50 (didn't play around with it much but this should be the same as previous settings)
Everything else the same as above settings.  Here is the curve for reference.

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I feel like this was much better than henrylibre's curve for me personally.  I prefer small precise mouse movements over movements that require half the mouse pad to execute so this curve satisfied that need very well.

It is not 100% on par with PC but this is definitely the closest i have experienced thus far.  I played a few games with Reaper/Tracer/Lucio/Ana and Hanzo.  The curve performed well with all and only minor adjustments, if any would need to be made for certain characters.

One thing i will point out about people trying all these different settings and not getting great results.  Make sure that you personalize them.  Everyone controls a mouse differently so some curves may have different results.  For instance, i adjusted the y/x ration on this curve to give me snappier horizontal movement since at 1.0 my mouse movements cause vertical jitter.  Boost is another common setting that can be adjusted if the default curve isn't quite performing to your liking.  Keep this in mind when you are trying to find out what works best for you. 

Kudos to theactualstevie for this curve. Good work!

Offline Crosy

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 11:45 AM - 09/02/16 »
Have you guys tested out any of the existing curves or new ones with the new patch?(having the aim assist fixed now?

Offline doomsdayzzz

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 01:12 PM - 09/02/16 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

wheres the link to the standard STV2 Latest firmware or is it the same as the "XIM4 Firmware 20140619"? where can i get the stv2 firmware

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
  • Gamertag: chompa
  • PSN ID: chompa
« Reply #472 on: 09:34 PM - 09/02/16 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Edit:

gods this is amazing! so much better *drools* thanks for the share!
xoxo

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 05:01 AM - 09/03/16 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Edit:

What is your steady aim setting on or off?

Offline MaXaNN1001

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MaXaNN1001
« Reply #474 on: 03:04 AM - 09/04/16 »

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Edit:

Excellent config I get 53 elmention and 16,832 damage with McCree
here its my POTG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzklQHmQvho

Offline frozentoast

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: onetrickpony_
« Reply #475 on: 05:56 AM - 09/04/16 »
I found 40 sens with 3200dpi way too slow... to a point where I needed the whole mousepad to do a 90 degree turn... bumped it up to 50 did it for me then.

Offline JB88

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 01:02 PM - 09/04/16 »
I tried out theactualstevie curve; while aiming at mid to long range is excellent, close range combat is definitely a problem, especially against high mobility targets and strafe spamming. I spent 3-4 hours customizing the sensitivities and trying to find a good middle ground between maintaining accuracy at mid to long range and allowing enough sensitivity for tracking targets up close but in the end I don't think it is a curve for me.

I found it very hard to track targets within melee range as I would constantly overshoot due to the ramp up in the mouse curve. I play a lot of roadhog and I found making quick adjustments to aim after hooking my target was not as accurate as I am used to. Right now I will stick to henrylibre's curve as I can still manage great games with McCree with 40-50% weapon accuracy while also being able to track close range targets very easily.

If anyone is wondering what my current settings are for henrylibre's curve:
Xim sensitivity: Hip 20 ADS 10
Steady aim: on
Mouse: G502
DPI: 6400
Polling: 1000hz
AA: 70

Offline doomsdayzzz

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 01:48 AM - 09/05/16 »
I tried out theactualstevie curve; while aiming at mid to long range is excellent, close range combat is definitely a problem, especially against high mobility targets and strafe spamming. I spent 3-4 hours customizing the sensitivities and trying to find a good middle ground between maintaining accuracy at mid to long range and allowing enough sensitivity for tracking targets up close but in the end I don't think it is a curve for me.

I found it very hard to track targets within melee range as I would constantly overshoot due to the ramp up in the mouse curve. I play a lot of roadhog and I found making quick adjustments to aim after hooking my target was not as accurate as I am used to. Right now I will stick to henrylibre's curve as I can still manage great games with McCree with 40-50% weapon accuracy while also being able to track close range targets very easily.

If anyone is wondering what my current settings are for henrylibre's curve:
Xim sensitivity: Hip 20 ADS 10
Steady aim: on
Mouse: G502
DPI: 6400
Polling: 1000hz
AA: 70

same, i switched back to henrys, the other curve felt really off

Offline MaXaNN1001

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MaXaNN1001
« Reply #478 on: 03:14 AM - 09/05/16 »

63% weapon accuracy

with mccree

Offline Crosy

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 06:40 AM - 09/05/16 »

63% weapon accuracy

with mccree

Can you post your exact settings here?
Also, what rank are you in competitive or for how long have you been playing OW (to get a general idea of how your skilled progressed before xim to after xim).