XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 347951 times)

Offline jd1boo

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1605 on: 08:52 PM - 02/05/18 »
Finally made it to GM this season.  Using linear ramp console crossover and no curve/ 3250 boost.  Adjust the sensitivity to your preference.  A controller user will always have the advantage based on the aim assist which works well with controller but kind of interferes with mkb. Started playing on pc and much prefer.

Offline Kaidozan

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 04:48 AM - 02/06/18 »
@Joeyknock0
Logitech 502 with 12,000dpi
1000hz polling rate

XIM SETTINGS:

HIP sense 8.00
Ballistic curve is Henry’s curve

The thing with Henry curve is that you xim4 is never going to flash red when you turn. But this means that his curve feels really slow compared to other curves or standard profile.

I'm using a different curve right now and i can make quick scopes and follow genji's dancing on my head. It feels more natural, but everyone has a different pov.

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAoUHigyPEZQWmRobHB0eHyAhIiM:X4MB

Boost 1250

I'm playing with 6 and cAPER's curve, I've seen this Henry's curve everywhere and now I wonder, it's really good? I mean so far the cAPERºs curve allowed me to do fast turns without messing around with my tracking and it doesn't need the boost. I will give it try tonight.

8 sens @12000DPI seems insane IMO

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 09:41 AM - 02/06/18 »
Sorry I haven't been here in a while.
I've been playing Overwatch on PC because I just can't handle the STRONG Aim Assist. Not for me (I turn it off) but for everyone else. I hate how a console Soldier is practically at ULT all the time since the aimassist does all the work for you. I'm a Widow Main on PC and Xbox and it's so much different. on PC it's like PUBG where you need to hit them in the head. on Xbox you get the crosshair to catch in the Aim Assist "net" and then when it's lined up on the chest, flick up for the headshot (even with an AAW of 0 lets be real). I hate that but anyways I digress.....

I went back to Xbox to see what everyone was saying about Expo.
Yeah It's much better now but as someone who is 4430SR on PC I can tell you that
Linear with a 4780 Boost and No Curve is almost just like PC (minus the quick turn around due to speedcap)
It doesn't matter to me I'm on PC, but if you want to know what I think is the closes then IMHO hands down Linear but Expo has come a long way.

Both Expo and Linear have a problem with Course movements, The Expo launches faster than you expect and Linear drags through the mud. But at Fine movements, Linear is tight and Expo floats. There are plenty of videos that show that Expo has a higher turn speed cap but that's due to the uncontrollable burst of speed you get. A dirty little secret is that PC also has an Exponential Ramp, not Linear :O PC games often have a 2 or 3 tiered turn speed. The difference is on Xbox the speed (increase) is based off of TIME SPENT TURNING where as on PC the speed is based off of DISTANCE+SPEED MOUSE WAS DRAGGED. This is something that will never change with the Xim unfortunately. Not all FPS games use this mechanic but many do. If you've ever messed with the Doom2 engine you know what I'm talking about. again digressing....

If I was playing on Xbox again I'd probably create 2 profiles and hotkey between them:

Expo - No Boost - No Curve -- Tracer/Winston/Genji/Junkrat/D.Va/Moira/Reaper/Rheinhart/Pharah/Doomfist/Mercy/Sym/Lucio

Linear - 4780 Boost - No Curve - 1.5 X/Y -- Widow/McCree/Soldier/Hanzo/Mai/Ana/Roadhog(for the hook)/Zenyatta/Bastion\Sombra\Orisa
« Last Edit: 01:09 PM - 02/12/18 by A Big Ol Bully »

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 11:35 PM - 02/06/18 »
how do you set up a hotkey to quickly switch from one profile to another?

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 01:05 AM - 02/07/18 »
how do you set up a hotkey to quickly switch from one profile to another?
On the top of the profile near where you can change the name/color, there’s a place where you can assign a button. I find it best to use the F1+ keys. F1 is ow F2 is CoD etc

Offline TechMoogle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rhydol
« Reply #1610 on: 09:56 PM - 02/07/18 »
I haven't heard anyone mention the ally aim-assist setting Ana received in the recent patch. I was wondering if anyone actually used it. I gave it a chance initially, but it made Ana feel almost unplayable. The crosshair got stuck on friendly targets way too often, making healing or harming the right person way harder than it should. I tried turning down the aim-assist strength but it still bugged me, and I inevitably turned off entirely.

Personally, I think the enlarged hitbox allies have is sufficient enough for a mouse, but I could see how it would help everyone else. Still, I keep finding myself wondering if I should turn it back on every time I miss a shot on a double-jumping Genji.

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 09:00 AM - 02/08/18 »
I haven't heard anyone mention the ally aim-assist setting Ana received in the recent patch. I was wondering if anyone actually used it. I gave it a chance initially, but it made Ana feel almost unplayable. The crosshair got stuck on friendly targets way too often, making healing or harming the right person way harder than it should. I tried turning down the aim-assist strength but it still bugged me, and I inevitably turned off entirely.

Personally, I think the enlarged hitbox allies have is sufficient enough for a mouse, but I could see how it would help everyone else. Still, I keep finding myself wondering if I should turn it back on every time I miss a shot on a double-jumping Genji.

Idk about it, the default value is 100?

I will play around tonight and post the results later

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #1612 on: 09:50 AM - 02/08/18 »

Gjva - I don't know how you can play with 100% AAW man, lol... I tried it with Soldier and McRee and all I did was miss, was so hard to break the bubble, I turned it down to 50 for Soldier and 25 for mcree and I started tearing it up.

I need some good widowmaker and hanzo settings.

I tried AssaultRifleMastas Widow settings which are;
100 AA
70 AAW
30 Aim Smoothing
Hoz & Vert Sens: 68

It tugs around all over the place still, miss so many where I can't break into the bubble. I really need to find some Widowmaker sweetspot settings. I can beat anyone 1v1 widow vs widow but in a game I miss so many shots. (I still do well with her in a game, but theres so many i still miss)

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 05:23 PM - 02/08/18 »

Gjva - I don't know how you can play with 100% AAW man, lol... I tried it with Soldier and McRee and all I did was miss, was so hard to break the bubble, I turned it down to 50 for Soldier and 25 for mcree and I started tearing it up.

I need some good widowmaker and hanzo settings.

I tried AssaultRifleMastas Widow settings which are;
100 AA
70 AAW
30 Aim Smoothing
Hoz & Vert Sens: 68

It tugs around all over the place still, miss so many where I can't break into the bubble. I really need to find some Widowmaker sweetspot settings. I can beat anyone 1v1 widow vs widow but in a game I miss so many shots. (I still do well with her in a game, but theres so many i still miss)
Personally I don't think Assult has ever given his actual settings and he just posts fake ones to throw people off. His settings are terrible and look nothing like how he plays

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 05:19 AM - 02/09/18 »
Personally I don't think Assult has ever given his actual settings and he just posts fake ones to throw people off. His settings are terrible and look nothing like how he plays

I've tried his settings and yeah, looks like you are right.
if you follow his timeline he went from somewhere around 4 sens to 6,66 sens @ 12K (converted value from his videos)

it's a huge change IMO.

6,66 is what he claims to use right now and if you watch his last stream yeah, looks like his tracer is better with this high sens.

Just a tip for you bro.

Don't copy settings from other players, use them as a base to find your own.
I've changed my settings a lot of times till I get this 5 sens @ 12K DPI

I don't think that you need 5+ sens if you have a pad like mine or bigger.
you will be mostly suffer the turn limit every movement what will cause some inconsistency on your aim.

the perfect settings in my humble opinion should allow me to do (consistently):

* small flicks, big flicks are not a thing on console cuz the turn limit you won't be able to cover great distances like pc.
* perfect tracking enemies, keep my crosshair into their heads all the time, even If I'm jumping/crouching or strafing around I can even do a 180 turn keeping a target on my crosshair if I place my mouse right.
* fast turns, not like PC but I'm able to 180 turn with half of my pad (curently I can do a 300-330 turn with my whole pad.

if you can do this with your settings don't change it.
if you can do this with your settings and are still trapped into Diamond/Platinum, I'm sorry pal, go to youtube watch some videos on tracer/soldier  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF57L6ytZw) learn positioning and get over it.

Diamond tier you don't need a perfect aim to get over it, you need gamesense, actually I really think that the requirement for a good aim is just part of high Masters (3800+) where you will find that McCree that will crush your Tracer, or that soldier that will nullify your Phara, and you will be paired with GM players so gamesense alone is not a big differential.

My smurf just hit 3300 last night.
and I'm winning 7 out of 10 matches.

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 09:22 PM - 02/10/18 »

I've tried his settings and yeah, looks like you are right.
if you follow his timeline he went from somewhere around 4 sens to 6,66 sens @ 12K (converted value from his videos)

it's a huge change IMO.

6,66 is what he claims to use right now and if you watch his last stream yeah, looks like his tracer is better with this high sens.

Just a tip for you bro.

Don't copy settings from other players, use them as a base to find your own.
I've changed my settings a lot of times till I get this 5 sens @ 12K DPI

I don't think that you need 5+ sens if you have a pad like mine or bigger.
you will be mostly suffer the turn limit every movement what will cause some inconsistency on your aim.

the perfect settings in my humble opinion should allow me to do (consistently):

* small flicks, big flicks are not a thing on console cuz the turn limit you won't be able to cover great distances like pc.
* perfect tracking enemies, keep my crosshair into their heads all the time, even If I'm jumping/crouching or strafing around I can even do a 180 turn keeping a target on my crosshair if I place my mouse right.
* fast turns, not like PC but I'm able to 180 turn with half of my pad (curently I can do a 300-330 turn with my whole pad.

if you can do this with your settings don't change it.
if you can do this with your settings and are still trapped into Diamond/Platinum, I'm sorry pal, go to youtube watch some videos on tracer/soldier  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF57L6ytZw) learn positioning and get over it.

Diamond tier you don't need a perfect aim to get over it, you need gamesense, actually I really think that the requirement for a good aim is just part of high Masters (3800+) where you will find that McCree that will crush your Tracer, or that soldier that will nullify your Phara, and you will be paired with GM players so gamesense alone is not a big differential.

My smurf just hit 3300 last night.
and I'm winning 7 out of 10 matches.
I have my own settings for both expo and linear. My SR Peak is 4547

Offline Aqualtis

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 04:38 AM - 02/11/18 »
Usually linear ramp have more xim sens and less aim assist windows size than expo ramp ? I play often mccree,soldier and widow but expo ramp don't persuade me...and linear ramp need aim easy in and aim smoothing ?
« Last Edit: 04:57 AM - 02/11/18 by Aqualtis »

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 05:28 AM - 02/12/18 »
Usually linear ramp have more xim sens and less aim assist windows size than expo ramp ? I play often mccree,soldier and widow but expo ramp don't persuade me...and linear ramp need aim easy in and aim smoothing ?

Linear need a boost or curve, aim ease is some sort of curve.

I've lowered my sens to 4,4 @12K DPI and played a few games, all of them I was a god Tracer/McCree/Soldier.
I've removed my ADS for snipers, lowered my AAW for all characters to 35.

Widow and Ana AAW 40
Tried the Friend Aim Assist for Ana:
AA for Ana now is 100, with FAA at 100 too, AAW at 40.

It allowed me to have 80%+ unscoped acc in all my games.
90% scoped, if you are aiming at your allies and a tracer blinks on, it won't pull your crosshair.

I was able to consistently heal blinking tracer, doomfist, double jumping genji, phara.
and was able to consistently hit all enemy targets.

Offline Gianpypat

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 06:40 PM - 02/19/18 »
Im main soldier tracer and dva. (70‰ soldier, 20tracer and 10 dva)
Im finding Great with expo in soldier and Linear on tracer and dva.
I have 12k dpi on my logitech g502 (IMPORTANT: i removed the weights ,so my mouse is more sensibile) 

Expo(soldier)  with 5 hip, 100 aa 30 aim widow, no curve no boost. I have 45/50% precision with soldier

On tracer i use Linear with control Crossover ST, 20 hip 100 aim assist and 15 aim widow.
41/45% precision. Im finding Great with this settings.

Just placed my smurf at 3500 and now in at 3700

Offline ZakhaevBR

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 06:58 PM - 02/19/18 »

Linear need a boost or curve, aim ease is some sort of curve.

I've lowered my sens to 4,4 @12K DPI and played a few games, all of them I was a god Tracer/McCree/Soldier.
I've removed my ADS for snipers, lowered my AAW for all characters to 35.

Widow and Ana AAW 40
Tried the Friend Aim Assist for Ana:
AA for Ana now is 100, with FAA at 100 too, AAW at 40.

It allowed me to have 80%+ unscoped acc in all my games.
90% scoped, if you are aiming at your allies and a tracer blinks on, it won't pull your crosshair.

I was able to consistently heal blinking tracer, doomfist, double jumping genji, phara.
and was able to consistently hit all enemy targets.

I try u settings with razer deathadder chroma 10k dpi 5,28xim sens and steady aim off
I done 3 games with mccree with 51-56% precision but I missed much headshots... need more days for test and post my feedback