XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 474976 times)

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1350 on: 05:49 PM - 09/10/17 »

[/quote]The trick is Do Not Copy/Paste. Build you'te own Settings & anything is possible.
https://youtu.be/v9JyVUrvIKg Others can do the same as myself but they use Aim Assist combined w/ such controls. Not for me. Feels like having Training Wheels On w/ the CPU taking over my controls from me. Feels amazing doing everything on your own rather instead. Personal preference but yeah I wont allow myself to play using AA.
[/quote]

What SR are you?  I've tried time and time again without aim assist, even so much as using alternate accounts, at the end of the day if you don't have Aim Assist on you can't keep up.  IF it was 1:1 with PC you wouldn't need it, but since console aiming is @#$% in general, even for controller players (they complain all the time on the forums) AA is necessary if you're playing in fast paced games.  Do you have a page showing any stats with hitscans?  I really want to believe you, I want no AA to work, however I've constantly found it doesn't.  I would like to be wrong.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
« Reply #1351 on: 06:49 PM - 09/10/17 »
The trick is Do Not Copy/Paste. Build you'te own Settings & anything is possible.
https://youtu.be/v9JyVUrvIKg Others can do the same as myself but they use Aim Assist combined w/ such controls. Not for me. Feels like having Training Wheels On w/ the CPU taking over my controls from me. Feels amazing doing everything on your own rather instead. Personal preference but yeah I wont allow myself to play using AA.

What SR are you?  I've tried time and time again without aim assist, even so much as using alternate accounts, at the end of the day if you don't have Aim Assist on you can't keep up.  IF it was 1:1 with PC you wouldn't need it, but since console aiming is @#$% in general, even for controller players (they complain all the time on the forums) AA is necessary if you're playing in fast paced games.  Do you have a page showing any stats with hitscans?  I really want to believe you, I want no AA to work, however I've constantly found it doesn't.  I would like to be wrong.
No if it was 1:1 PC it would still be used by 99.99% of the player base. Aim Assist gives a magnetic attractive force towards the opposition. It works as intended. Not using such is definitely a challenge but we are all here using M+KB not Controllers. The amount of control that XIM4 grants everyone is vastly superior to using controller. To the point where Aim Assist is unecessary.

I am Gold SR this Season. That's not a game unplayable w/o Aim Assist. That's myself being +/- at an advantage & disadvantage against Auto Aim vs Controller as well as other XIM4 players as well. Plus this game is a "Team Game". For someone whom is Gold I am actually controlling everything w/o the CPU and have made countless vids & pulled off just as many Genji Ults that aint exactly Gold standard. Idm going against Aim Assist. It's the whole spirit of Competition & knowing w/o Aim Assist is how "Pro" players actually play the game on PC. XIM4 is extremely capable of doing nearly everything PC m+kb can do w/o AA including Hitscan. Claiming otherwise that the controls just aint good enough is an excuse. I know Aim Assist is legit "Overpowered" but like I said even w/ 1:1 pc ratio everyone would still use such. If I couldnt "keep up w/ AA" then I wouldnt have any vids whatsoever to share.

People whom complain about XIM4 claim M+KB as "Unfair" yet that's not exactly what is beating them. It's the Aim Assist. Same thing they are using. Not the M+KB itself. Using AA vs AA negates any advantage for Controller vs M+KB. I dont need M/GM that badly when I know the CPU is doing everything instead of myself. Can I reach M/GM w/o? Well if I did that would be rather interesting and definitely a challenge Im interested in taking up.
« Last Edit: 07:11 PM - 09/10/17 by AKs0n- »

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 10:33 PM - 09/10/17 »

I am Gold SR this Season. That's not a game unplayable w/o Aim Assist. That's myself being +/- at an advantage & disadvantage against Auto Aim vs Controller as well as other XIM4 players as well. Plus this game is a "Team Game". For someone whom is Gold I am actually controlling everything w/o the CPU and have made countless vids & pulled off just as many Genji Ults that aint exactly Gold standard.

What is the highest SR you've reached? Not in a bad way, but there is a world of difference between gold and 3500+, I would wager that AA is needed to some degree at those levels.

Idm going against Aim Assist. It's the whole spirit of Competition & knowing w/o Aim Assist is how "Pro" players actually play the game on PC.

If we're talking details, it feels nothing like PC.  I wish it felt like PC but it just doesn't.  It is however 100x better than playing on a controller.

XIM4 is extremely capable of doing nearly everything PC m+kb can do w/o AA including Hitscan. Claiming otherwise that the controls just aint good enough is an excuse. I know Aim Assist is legit "Overpowered" but like I said even w/ 1:1 pc ratio everyone would still use such. If I couldnt "keep up w/ AA" then I wouldnt have any vids whatsoever to share.

It just isn't man, I wish it was but it isn't.  Again, we're talking really detailed here.  It does an amazing job of taking m+kb input but no where near 1:1 on PC when it comes to high level game play.  Aim assist isn't overpowered, its just almost necessary cause the aiming for console overwatch is just so bad.

"If I couldnt "keep up w/ AA" then I wouldnt have any vids whatsoever to share."

I really don't want to knock you but you're a 2 star silver that has played every season with 2600 being your highest SR... that's kinda what I mean by "not keeping up".  I would be you could be much, much higher if you used AA.  The aiming system is @#$%.  Hell I wish that I could turn AA off every time I scroll over someone and it slows it down and makes it inconsistent, but its necessary cause its just so broken.

Also, I see a lot of genji gameplay, however do you have any hitscan?  That's the most difficult part to get right, genji is pretty forgiving when it comes to aiming.

People whom complain about XIM4 claim M+KB as "Unfair" yet that's not exactly what is beating them. It's the Aim Assist. Same thing they are using. Not the M+KB itself. Using AA vs AA negates any advantage for Controller vs M+KB. I dont need M/GM that badly when I know the CPU is doing everything instead of myself. Can I reach M/GM w/o? Well if I did that would be rather interesting and definitely a challenge Im interested in taking up.

I see it as the tiniest of marginal advantages.  Yea, it might help your aim, but the aiming system in overwatch is so bad there's not much you can do.  If anything I would bet not using AA with a XIM is more of a disadvantage than your regular controller user just because of how terrible it is.

I don't use AA in COD on PS4 cause the aiming system in that game is actually good.  In OW its a different story though.  Honestly if you like playing that way though more power to you.  I'm just saying its a broken system and trying to make it at least usable isn't a crime.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 10:48 PM - 09/10/17 »

I am Gold SR this Season. That's not a game unplayable w/o Aim Assist. That's myself being +/- at an advantage & disadvantage against Auto Aim vs Controller as well as other XIM4 players as well. Plus this game is a "Team Game". For someone whom is Gold I am actually controlling everything w/o the CPU and have made countless vids & pulled off just as many Genji Ults that aint exactly Gold standard.

What is the highest SR you've reached? Not in a bad way, but there is a world of difference between gold and 3500+, I would wager that AA is needed to some degree at those levels.
Diamond and found Tracer ran over my whole squad. Fell to Plat and wound up in Gold after not playing often
Idm going against Aim Assist. It's the whole spirit of Competition & knowing w/o Aim Assist is how "Pro" players actually play the game on PC.
If we're talking details, it feels nothing like PC.  I wish it felt like PC but it just doesn't.  It is however 100x better than playing on a controller.
That is absolutely w/o doubt a False statement. Other than Insta-Turn XIM4 level of controls match extremely well compared to PC. The obvious thing that is undeniable showing OW as a Console game is seeing Aim Assist in action
XIM4 is extremely capable of doing nearly everything PC m+kb can do w/o AA including Hitscan. Claiming otherwise that the controls just aint good enough is an excuse. I know Aim Assist is legit "Overpowered" but like I said even w/ 1:1 pc ratio everyone would still use such. If I couldnt "keep up w/ AA" then I wouldnt have any vids whatsoever to share.
It just isn't man, I wish it was but it isn't.  Again, we're talking really detailed here.  It does an amazing job of taking m+kb input but no where near 1:1 on PC when it comes to high level game play.  Aim assist isn't overpowered, its just almost necessary cause the aiming for console overwatch is just so bad.

"If I couldnt "keep up w/ AA" then I wouldnt have any vids whatsoever to share."

I really don't want to knock you but...
Let's see Why would Blizzard "Ban" Aim Assist from PC Overwatch?
https://youtu.be/sS2zX9Qnir4 @4:27
Cause ppl thought perfect Naitive M+KB wasnt good enough and went for Aim Assist. Sound familiar? PC M+KB was so bad, everyone relied on XIM4, so they had to "BAN" Aim Assist on PC. Very familiar.

Aim Assist is Unecessary. If it was "needed" how in the world would I have enough control possible to reach up and catch a flying Junkrat taking him out w/ a Combo to the face mid flight? No offense taken cuz AA is lol vs Controller players. PC players dont even accept such vs Naitive M+KB let alone vs Controllers using M+KB. You're means for defending yourself is claiming the game as "Unplayable" using M+KB vs Controller w/o Aim Assist. Which is Why such was Banned on PC in the 1st place.
« Last Edit: 11:16 PM - 09/10/17 by AKs0n- »

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 11:27 PM - 09/10/17 »
ANYWAYS...  USE such Aim Assist as you please. Do as you please. None of my business nor concern but claiming OW as "unplayable" using M+KB w/o Aim Assist is Incorrect. XIM4 works w/o Aim Assist.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #1355 on: 01:59 AM - 09/11/17 »
Big Ol Bully has a Console and pc set up right next to each other. He can compare  them literally side by side.  According to his posts, something feels off about expo - it's not like PC.  He thinks the linear ramp CCC setup actually feels more like PC. He also turns AA down to zero.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #1356 on: 01:59 AM - 09/11/17 »
Big Ol Bully has a Console and pc set up right next to each other. He can compare  them literally side by side.  According to his posts, something feels off about expo - it's not very "PC like." He thinks the linear ramp CCC setup actually feels more like PC. He also turns AA down to zero.
« Last Edit: 06:09 AM - 09/11/17 by Lineater »

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 03:44 AM - 09/11/17 »
Diamond and found Tracer ran over my whole squad. Fell to Plat and wound up in Gold after not playing often

Well maybe that's it.  I could probably use no AA at that level too.

That is absolutely w/o doubt a False statement. Other than Insta-Turn XIM4 level of controls match extremely well compared to PC. The obvious thing that is undeniable showing OW as a Console game is seeing Aim Assist in action

lol, "other than the insta-turn" its more than just the "insta-turn" its the fact that there's no acceleration ceiling, you can cleanly snap to targets, you can't do that on console because there's literally a limit to how fast you can move your crosshair.
looking at stats, it also looks like you've never played a hit scan character in comp, with characters where aiming is more forgiving you may not need the AA.

Because on the PC aiming works fine and you can use a m+kb, on console, the aiming is terrible (controller users even complain)
Again, if it was a perfect 1:1 then I wouldn't use aim assist.

Aim Assist is Unecessary. If it was "needed" how in the world would I have enough control possible to reach up and catch a flying Junkrat taking him out w/ a Combo to the face mid flight?

Just because something works, doesn't mean it should be used when a method that works better exists.  And of course there's no aim assist on PC cause on PC the controls are fine, on console they aren't.  You can ask any xim dev, they'll tell you it isn't 1:1

ANYWAYS...  USE such Aim Assist as you please. Do as you please. None of my business nor concern but claiming OW as "unplayable" using M+KB w/o Aim Assist is Incorrect. XIM4 works w/o Aim Assist.

Fine, I'll say playing without AA at high levels is unplayable.  When you play at 4k SR without aim assist on a hitscan character, maybe I'll believe it.  Honestly though, you're at 2500 SR, without playing a single hitscan, I only see videos with genji I can't bite.  I've tested with and without AA and with console aim being as broken as it is you need AA if you want to be good.  If you want to be stuck in gold with ~25% accuracy forever then play without AA.  Like you said, none of my business.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 06:02 AM - 09/11/17 »

Well maybe that's it.  I could probably use no AA at that level too.

lol, "other than the insta-turn" its more than just the "insta-turn" its the fact that there's no acceleration ceiling, you can cleanly snap to targets, you can't do that on console because there's literally a limit to how fast you can move your crosshair.
looking at stats, it also looks like you've never played a hit scan character in comp, with characters where aiming is more forgiving you may not need the AA.

Because on the PC aiming works fine and you can use a m+kb, on console, the aiming is terrible (controller users even complain)
Again, if it was a perfect 1:1 then I wouldn't use aim assist.

Aim Assist is Unecessary. If it was "needed" how in the world would I have enough control possible to reach up and catch a flying Junkrat taking him out w/ a Combo to the face mid flight?

Just because something works, doesn't mean it should be used when a method that works better exists.  And of course there's no aim assist on PC cause on PC the controls are fine, on console they aren't.  You can ask any xim dev, they'll tell you it isn't 1:1

Fine, I'll say playing without AA at high levels is unplayable.  When you play at 4k SR without aim assist on a hitscan character, maybe I'll believe it.  Honestly though, you're at 2500 SR, without playing a single hitscan, I only see videos with genji I can't bite.  I've tested with and without AA and with console aim being as broken as it is you need AA if you want to be good.  If you want to be stuck in gold with ~25% accuracy forever then play without AA.  Like you said, none of my business.
Everything you stated is extremely ignorant of reality.

1) Aim Assist does NOT exist on PC cuz ppl were abusing such using XIM4 vs Naitive M+KB. Which is Why it does Not exist.
2) They same sort of individuals whom would use XIM4 on PC would claim exactly What you are saying "Controls are not good enough to play w/o Aim Assist."

SR means absolutely nothing. M/GM skill = any other level "Skill". I have seen plenty of M/GM vids including those posted here on Forums & there is not Surefour, Shadder, nor anyone else "Pro" on Console. Every SR is the same Basic Skill restricted by Aim Assist. Very few M/GM are much better players than any other SR. The game is based on alot more than individual ability. On PC such is more so the case. Not on Console.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 06:42 AM - 09/11/17 »

High SR requires "Skill Assist"
https://youtu.be/H0lXY7flQ-Y
I dont want nor need anything whatsoever to do w/ this sort of Skill Rank.
That is Not exactly what you claim such to be.

How much Skill Assist you think I need before Im a Console "Pro".
100% maybe 200% or would I require 500% Aim Assist?
How much do I need before the game is even playable?
https://youtu.be/YbR3seOY8ws
You can keep the superiority perspective. Im perfectly straight playing a totally different game than yourself. I took off the Training Wheels a very long time ago. Alot more fun being in full control.
« Last Edit: 09:54 AM - 09/11/17 by AKs0n- »

Offline oLAcidEyz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ol acid eyz
« Reply #1360 on: 09:35 AM - 09/11/17 »
Any estimated time expo will be fixed?

Offline PureGewalt

• YO
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: PureGewalt
« Reply #1361 on: 11:57 AM - 09/11/17 »
I see but the Sensitivity you are using is way to high. I wouldn't be able to play Widowmaker and McCree anymore so no thanks.
About Aim Assist neither is true. The Game is totally playable without it but playing without it is a handicap. Why rely on good aim to hit most of your shots when you could be hitting all of them by simply using Aim Assist. Like you've said its not cheating since everyone with a Controller is using it. If it bothers you just lower the Window value I mean since you play Genji on such an insanely high Sensitivity you should especially turn on Aim Assist to get at least some control with your crosshair because it slows it down for you near/on enemies.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 05:11 PM - 09/11/17 »
I see but the Sensitivity you are using is way to high. I wouldn't be able to play Widowmaker and McCree anymore so no thanks.
About Aim Assist neither is true. The Game is totally playable without it but playing without it is a handicap. Why rely on good aim to hit most of your shots when you could be hitting all of them by simply using Aim Assist. Like you've said its not cheating since everyone with a Controller is using it. If it bothers you just lower the Window value I mean since you play Genji on such an insanely high Sensitivity you should especially turn on Aim Assist to get at least some control with your crosshair because it slows it down for you near/on enemies.
I dont use Aim Assist cuz it just feels awful having the CPU tugging on your crosshairs. If I miss. I miss. I can live w/ that. I cannot live w/ using AA. Idc if it makes the game easier to play or that everyone else is using such. If you watched any of the last bunch of vids you would see that I can aim very very slowly. Slow enough to play Widow. Slow enough to play McCree. Slow enough to play anyone but also fast enough to play Genji or whoever else. I wouldnt have such control ability if A) I Copy/Pasted someone else's Settings & B) If I was using Aim Assist I would never even bother to work on Settings. Which is all I was saying when whoever claimed they could not possess controls that allowed such playability. That was my advice. That's all I was saying. Obviously Im not a big fan of AA but to each their own. You questioned my SR & claimed OW aim system as unplayable. So I threw everyone else M/GM under the bus for using such. Im not impressed.

Edit: Talking to two different ppl. Whoever said what doesnt matter. End of discussion.
« Last Edit: 06:13 PM - 09/11/17 by AKs0n- »

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 12:15 AM - 09/12/17 »
Everything you stated is extremely ignorant of reality.

1) Aim Assist does NOT exist on PC cuz ppl were abusing such using XIM4 vs Naitive M+KB. Which is Why it does Not exist.

How many times does it have to be explained.

- PC Overwatch aiming is working fine.  Therefore, it doesn't need aim assist.  It is standard for PC games to NOT have aim assist.

- Console Overawtch aiming is NOT working fine.  Therefore, it DOES need aim assist.  It is standard for console games to HAVE aim assist.

Console Overwatch NEEDS aim assist because the aiming system is @#$%, XIM players NEED aim assist because it is @#$%.

You CAN play without it, however it won't be fun because you'll reach a ceiling where you can't do any better because of the limitations of the console aiming system.  This is remedied by using aim assist.

2) They same sort of individuals whom would use XIM4 on PC would claim exactly What you are saying "Controls are not good enough to play w/o Aim Assist."

Except the PC aiming system is fine, the console one is not, they have no excuse, console players do.

SR means absolutely nothing. M/GM skill = any other level "Skill". I have seen plenty of M/GM vids including those posted here on Forums & there is not Surefour, Shadder, nor anyone else "Pro" on Console. Every SR is the same Basic Skill restricted by Aim Assist. Very few M/GM are much better players than any other SR. The game is based on alot more than individual ability. On PC such is more so the case. Not on Console.

lmao, are you really saying SR means nothing?  M/GM skill = any other level "skill".  You've just lost any credibility you had.  If what you claim is true, why are you not in Master or Grandmaster?  If what you claim is true why are you a two star silver and consistently topping out in gold?

"Very few M/GM are much better players than any other SR" You can't seriously think that, can you?  There is a world of difference between Gold and Grandmaster.

The bottom line is, you're claiming AA is not needed while having hundreds of hours played at a gold level with no hitscan characters and ~25% accuracy.  That statement is true if you *want* to play at low levels with non hitscan characters with terrible accuracy.

Its also a fact the current top tracer on PC and PS4 both have ~40% accuracy, which just proves my point that Aim Assist is necessary for console.

Again, I don't care how people play, but telling people to play without aim assist and its fine is bad advice when you omit the fact that you're playing at a low level with terrible accuracy.  Most people here are playing at higher levels, with hitscans and are trying to INCREASE their accuracy.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 12:33 AM - 09/12/17 »

High SR requires "Skill Assist"
https://youtu.be/H0lXY7flQ-Y
I dont want nor need anything whatsoever to do w/ this sort of Skill Rank.
That is Not exactly what you claim such to be.

How much Skill Assist you think I need before Im a Console "Pro".
100% maybe 200% or would I require 500% Aim Assist?
How much do I need before the game is even playable?
https://youtu.be/YbR3seOY8ws
You can keep the superiority perspective. Im perfectly straight playing a totally different game than yourself. I took off the Training Wheels a very long time ago. Alot more fun being in full control.

lol, "Skill Assist"

Are you really saying XIM players that are Master and Grandmaster are only at those SR because of aim assist? lmao, really?  The funny thing is I'm a higher SR than you on PC even, there's no aim assist on there.  How is that the case?

Alright, how about this, if aim assist isn't needed, why is your accuracy so low?  Do you just suck at aiming? You have over 300 hours on the game, you haven't learned to aim within that time? If you truly didn't need aim assist to keep up with everyone else on console, you wouldn't be peaking at 30% accuracy after 300 hours of playing the game.  So its either you're terrible at aiming or aiming is terrible without aim assist.  I'm giving you a chance to say you don't suck.

I know you have a hatred for aim assist but that dislike is being pointed towards the settings that have it and the people that use it, implied by your posts.  I know a million times over what you're talking about, I play on PC, at 3300 levels, I know the freedom of not having aim assist and I wish it could be experienced on console but you just can't.  Hence, why aim assist is the next best option.

Admin