XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 474970 times)

A Big Ol Bully

Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1305 on: 05:32 PM - 08/29/17 »
I did see that, just thought he meant "linear ramp in addition to the other two with aim ease in..."

Just poorly worded by the dev, he should have said it's also compatible with the other two aiming systems...
None of this matters we need a higher turn speed.
I just did a little test, I spun around on xbox and PC as fast as I could and then analyzed the video. As far as I can see the max xbox turn speed allows for 1 360 degree turn per. 900ms. On PC it's. 120ms at max speed. At the speed that I play it on PC its 498ms. My COD on xbox is at 452ms for comparison.
UNTIL this is addressed, nothing will change.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #1306 on: 07:00 PM - 08/29/17 »
Nothing will change in terms of turn speed no but at least we will be getting sn updated official st that will either be based on linear or a new curve with the aim ease option meaning we wont be able to turn faster but will should get a much better overall official build
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 07:16 PM - 08/29/17 »
Sheesh, the backlash from controller players due to this new aiming change is brutal. Everyone is complaining about it at the moment. Us XIM4 users will get a ST update no problemo, but I gotta feel for the controller players who are now stuck having to find new settings... yikes.

It's pretty stupid of Blizzard to change the default aiming setting this drastically.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
« Reply #1308 on: 07:56 PM - 08/29/17 »
Kindly update us if you notice some good changes about it please
Nope Nope Nope, Garbage on Garbage.
Nothing is fixed, just carry on as usual and enjoy Deathmatch

Nothing is fixed but my question is, is there any changes at all? specifically with linear ramp settings? i've seen some comments down below that they are having problem right now with expo set up. so linear is still the same?

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 08:07 PM - 08/29/17 »
Well I told people they should use linear ramp but some didn't listen and used exponential. Now it got ruined and needs a curve that starts at 20 which is like 1/4th of your Sensitivity (PS4). Linear Ramp got no change at all so unless we get an Update I highly recommend everyone to use -> Linear Ramp.

so is it 100% sure that linear ramp didn't change at all? if it is that would be great because i dont want to feel another change after using it for a while.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 11:38 PM - 08/29/17 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 12:37 AM - 08/30/17 »
Mist, I would wait on retraining that ST: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758857079?page=4#post-74

Do you encounter any changes on linear ramp st?

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 12:56 AM - 08/30/17 »
Mist, I would wait on retraining that ST: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758857079?page=4#post-74

I do feel like there is a slight difference, even on Linear. Something feels off compared to before.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 02:44 AM - 08/30/17 »

I do feel like there is a slight difference, even on Linear. Something feels off compared to before.

hopefull blizzard resolve this problem asap

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 01:53 PM - 08/30/17 »

The hotfix was released this morning and now I'm sure the problems yesterday affected Linear Ramp as well.

Today, Linear Ramp feels as normal as it did before. Yesterday it was feeling all floaty and jittery.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline hditano

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 04:52 PM - 08/30/17 »

The hotfix was released this morning and now I'm sure the problems yesterday affected Linear Ramp as well.

Today, Linear Ramp feels as normal as it did before. Yesterday it was feeling all floaty and jittery.

Is it server side the hot fix? Since I didn't get any download for. It

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 05:42 PM - 08/30/17 »

Is it server side the hot fix? Since I didn't get any download for. It

Yeah, it was a server side hot fix. No download required.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 10:48 PM - 08/30/17 »
Does everyone use aim assist? If so, why? PC does not have aim assist, and it's pretty much considered hacking by them. The whole point of the XIM is to try to emulate PC, not emulate PC with aim hacks. It makes a huge difference, as my accuracy percentage literally drops by half if I turn aim assist from 100 to 0.

If anyone plays on both PC and console with the XIM, does it feel like a massive advantage with the XIM with aim assist vs PC?

Offline PureGewalt

• YO
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: PureGewalt
« Reply #1318 on: 11:00 PM - 08/30/17 »
Because Console isn't PC. I bet the only reason we have a sensetivity cap is so we don't experience any pixel skipping, PC is much more precise. You can play on Console without aim assist but like you've said its needed on Console.

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 11:05 PM - 08/30/17 »

btw can i ask your linear set up? im trying to figure out which is better in ps4  the curve that starts with 8 or 8.5 or boost like 3250 with no curve

im using boost at 3250 with no curve im not sure but i feel i turn faster with this than the regular curve.

and also can i cut of the end of the curve at 79.5 to prevent the max turn speed like this.

and if so what would be the difference vs having the regular curve since once i cut the end at 79.5 the other inputs all the way down automatically lowers the number thus the curve being much lower but still linear as shown in the picture. what exactly the effect if you can tell..

http://imgur.com/a/bvBNB