XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477436 times)

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1095 on: 06:26 PM - 06/05/17 »
Hello there. Which relative aim sensitivity while zoomed do you reccomand for snipers and Ana in general?
44% someone figured out some mathematical equation why but it seems to feel pretty good to me.

Pretty sure it was 41% if we talking about the one that considers ads fov in relation to hip sensitivity as far as I remember.

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 07:42 PM - 06/05/17 »
Hello there. Which relative aim sensitivity while zoomed do you reccomand for snipers and Ana in general?
44% someone figured out some mathematical equation why but it seems to feel pretty good to me.

Pretty sure it was 41% if we talking about the one that considers ads fov in relation to hip sensitivity as far as I remember.

Yeah it was 41% and on your other post, are you running 20 Aim Assist Window on Widowmaker as well?? Seems way too high for me.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 11:18 PM - 06/05/17 »

Yeah it was 41% and on your other post, are you running 20 Aim Assist Window on Widowmaker as well?? Seems way too high for me.

Yea for some reason my flicks are better with 20. I think that is because I kinda feel the slowdown of the aim assist window before reaching the target and it times better with when I push the button.

I also tried with no aim assist at all. And maybe it could work after a lot of practice but right now this feels better.

Offline goaty

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 12:59 AM - 06/06/17 »
Still on 0 window size. Will try a bit bigger. Yesterday I saw a widow destroying and in the potg he was shooting next to the head as well. Reminded me of the hitboxes being larger than the actual characters, so > 0 might be better

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 06:44 AM - 06/06/17 »
Still on 0 window size. Will try a bit bigger. Yesterday I saw a widow destroying and in the potg he was shooting next to the head as well. Reminded me of the hitboxes being larger than the actual characters, so > 0 might be better

that is because of the low tickrate of the servers, not the hitboxes being larger
with a tickrate as low as overwatch's you often have scenarios in which the hitbox is not identical to the playermodel box, especially during strafe movements or fast movements in general

here a picture for demonstration, the player is jumping from the left side of the picture to the right
ingame you would see the playermodel constantly flying from the left to the right, however to actually hit that person you would need to hit the hitbox which because of the low tickrate only refreshes at the following positions
if you shoot somewhere else you might have been on the playermodel but the shot wouldnt be registered

PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline goaty

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: 06:53 AM - 06/06/17 »
tnx for that. That explains bullets going through enemies sometimes

The widow yesterday hit a character standing still
as explained in the link the hitboxes are still a bit bigger than the actual characters: http://kotaku.com/a-closer-look-at-overwatchs-generous-headshot-hitboxes-1780953233

Offline Nekokoa

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nekokoa13
« Reply #1101 on: 01:03 AM - 06/07/17 »
Anyone know any good settings for Tracer? I think my current settings are pretty okay. I get like 35% to 40% accuracy but I feel like I could get better. Any suggestions I can try?
« Last Edit: 01:09 AM - 06/07/17 by Nekokoa »

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #1102 on: 03:46 AM - 06/07/17 »
Anyone know any good settings for Tracer? I think my current settings are pretty okay. I get like 35% to 40% accuracy but I feel like I could get better. Any suggestions I can try?

Use the Dot reticle, BLOOM OFF
Current Overwatch ST
12K DPI 1000HZ
Aim Assist 100 (All Characters Except Pharah Which is 0)
Aim Assist Window 0 (All Characters)
Aim Smoothing 0
Exponential Ramp
XIM4 Sens HIP: 7
No Curve
No Boost
X/Y 1.5
Steady Aim: On

Offline Neuro.

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 04:04 AM - 06/07/17 »
I might be way behind, and I just barely know anything about the XIM 4 since I last used it, but would this be true for Overwatch as well?

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=54815.0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 06:40 AM - 06/07/17 »
I might be way behind, and I just barely know anything about the XIM 4 since I last used it, but would this be true for Overwatch as well?

ive been saying this for years, 3000 dpi works better than 12.000 unless you play on plastic mousepads
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #1105 on: 09:55 AM - 06/07/17 »

ive been saying this for years, 3000 dpi works better than 12.000 unless you play on plastic mousepads
That's why you should be playing on plastic pads :)

Offline illus1onz

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 12:42 PM - 06/07/17 »

Why would 3k dpi be better on cloth? Ive been using 12k it seems fine for the most part

Offline edin93

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 08:11 PM - 06/07/17 »
Thank u! Thank u guys for being an epic community. Struggled some in Diamond but Finally made IT to Master now. I want to share my settings here. Soldier 76 main.

In game sens / hor/ver: 100 ofc.
Aim assist: 100
Aim smoothing: 0
Aim assist window size: 20

Mouse dpi: Razer Deathadder Elite 1800dpi. Trust me guys used to Max dpi but changed to 1800 from 16000 and there is a huge difference, especially on soft mousepad.

Xim hip sensitivity: 65 (its this high because of the low dpi. This equals 8 hip @ 16000dpi.

Y/X Ratio: 1.5

No boost.
Steady AIM SA03
Linear Ramp with this curve:

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE

GL and feel free to ask questions! :)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 04:44 AM - 06/10/17 »
Apparently Blizzard has responded to the Linear Ramp problem, although they seem to "be having trouble replicating the issue" which is pretty funny  ::)

http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5112011-blizzard-responds-to-linear-ramp-issues

Anyways, hopefully they figure things out and the problem gets resolved soon.

A fixed Linear Ramp might get Mist to have another look at Linear and create an official ST for it.

That would probably feel a million times better than the workaround we are currently using for Linear Ramp.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 04:48 AM - 06/10/17 »
Also guys, try out using a large amount of boost rather than a curve for Linear Ramp.

For example, set your curve back to a flat one (so don't use a curve at all).

Then set your boost to around 4900-5000 (4900 felt best for me).

This pretty much gives you the same result as using a curve but to me it felt a bit better even.

This boost value will probably vary between consoles however. My boost value is on Xbox One so PS4 users would need to figure out their own boost value through experimentation.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)