XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477390 times)

Offline thundercats

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1065 on: 07:38 AM - 05/31/17 »
Just had a great game with 55% acc... I'm playing quick play so there was no rein shield to shoot at... this is incredible

this xim4 is amazing

I can't wait to have a proper table to use my mouse on, right now I'm using the sofa arm lol

I'm really impressed

I play from my Sofa aswell as I like to play on my 60" 4K TV (Game Mode so theirs no input lag) ... I do not use a Keyboard because of this, I use a Sony Nav Controller + Mouse, I rest my mouse on a hard dinner/lap tray to the right side of me on the sofa seat next to me, it sounds weird but it's super comfortable. You should try it.
This is what I'm doing

http://i.imgur.com/0lwZrIw.jpg

but I can't make arm movements and it'll hinder my aim in close combat... mid range and long range is great tho

Mines abit different, I actually have lap tray rested on my sofa next to me, not on the arm of the sofa..  I have a long sofa, it's really comfy. I'd suggest using a Sony Nav instead of keyboard aswell but you'll probably need a G502 mouse as it has enough buttons on it to compensate the keyboard buttons.

I prefer Nav to keyboard as it's just easier for moving in North West, NE, SW, SE directions.
Yeah, I don't think the keyboard is uncomfortable or anything... it's just hard to get used to it

my mouse is a G502 but idk... I don't feel it's fast enough to press those buttons, I prefer the keyboard buttons

I tried to use the mouse on the sofa at my side but my hand was so low it felt uncomfortable

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #1066 on: 09:02 AM - 05/31/17 »
Just had a great game with 55% acc... I'm playing quick play so there was no rein shield to shoot at... this is incredible

this xim4 is amazing

I can't wait to have a proper table to use my mouse on, right now I'm using the sofa arm lol

I'm really impressed

I play from my Sofa aswell as I like to play on my 60" 4K TV (Game Mode so theirs no input lag) ... I do not use a Keyboard because of this, I use a Sony Nav Controller + Mouse, I rest my mouse on a hard dinner/lap tray to the right side of me on the sofa seat next to me, it sounds weird but it's super comfortable. You should try it.
This is what I'm doing

http://i.imgur.com/0lwZrIw.jpg

but I can't make arm movements and it'll hinder my aim in close combat... mid range and long range is great tho

Mines abit different, I actually have lap tray rested on my sofa next to me, not on the arm of the sofa..  I have a long sofa, it's really comfy. I'd suggest using a Sony Nav instead of keyboard aswell but you'll probably need a G502 mouse as it has enough buttons on it to compensate the keyboard buttons.

I prefer Nav to keyboard as it's just easier for moving in North West, NE, SW, SE directions.
Yeah, I don't think the keyboard is uncomfortable or anything... it's just hard to get used to it

my mouse is a G502 but idk... I don't feel it's fast enough to press those buttons, I prefer the keyboard buttons

I tried to use the mouse on the sofa at my side but my hand was so low it felt uncomfortable

Try get a laptray with some elevation, like mine, has a sort of bean bag under it so it's actually elevated higher than the sofa height and also the bean bag is good at adjusting to your wrist / angle....

On my G502 I have;

Left front mouse button as ability 1
Left back mouse button as ability 2
Scroll Wheel Up (Change Weapon) (Only Used For Mercy)
Scroll Wheel Down (Ultimate Ability)
Scroll Wheel Button = Reload
Left Click = Primary Fire
Right Click = Jump

Then on my Nav I have L2 as Secondary Fire / ADS / Rein Shield / Soldier Rocket etc
L1 as Melee
Analogue Stick Press as Crouch
D-Pad Buttons as Emotes/Voice/Spray

Offline KDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 11:26 AM - 05/31/17 »
Right, WTH am i doing wrong. Have a decent setup using a G502 mouse and move controller, getting good accuracy and have all my buttons in places where i can have access to them

BUT ... 180 degree spins seem to take forever or i fly off the end of my mousemat. I have played with the in-game sensitivity (95) and the sensitivity of the mouse (12000dpi) and sensitivity the Xim app (8.0), but all just seem to make the whole thing too quick (obviously) if i ramp them up too much.
Is there a setting i need to be looking at tweaking to make sure i can snap round as fast as possible without losing the stability of simple movements left/right/up/down etc ??

ta

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 04:34 PM - 05/31/17 »
Right, WTH am i doing wrong. Have a decent setup using a G502 mouse and move controller, getting good accuracy and have all my buttons in places where i can have access to them

BUT ... 180 degree spins seem to take forever or i fly off the end of my mousemat. I have played with the in-game sensitivity (95) and the sensitivity of the mouse (12000dpi) and sensitivity the Xim app (8.0), but all just seem to make the whole thing too quick (obviously) if i ramp them up too much.
Is there a setting i need to be looking at tweaking to make sure i can snap round as fast as possible without losing the stability of simple movements left/right/up/down etc ??

ta

Make sure you have your ingame sens at 100 100 not 95. You should also have Aim Smoothing on 0 that could help.

Offline Kitten_Hearts

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kitten_Hearts
« Reply #1069 on: 01:18 AM - 06/01/17 »
Thanks to everyone for testing.

So the biggest negative that everyone has been mentioning is vertical movement, confirming my initial results too. When I switched from Exponential Ramp to Linear Ramp the very first impression on day 1 was: "horizontal feels great but isn't there something strange about vertical, is it slower??"

I put Y/X ratio to 1.55, then 1.50, then 1.40 and played at 1.40 for two days. Mist told me games often have a lower turn limit on vertical axis and maybe I'm bumping against that, and 1.0 would be true linear.

By this point I've been playing Linear for a whole week and I asked my self what would happen at Y/X 1.0 now? Turns out I could barely feel a difference, because by that point I forgot what Exponential Ramp felt like and this was the new "normal Overwatch feeling".

I love everything about this feel but for some reason I find I'm missing shots that are a clear hit. Like a input lag or maybe I flick to hard and fast for my flick shots so it doesn't register proper? I really don't know I feel like I should be doing better with it but stats tell me otherwise

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 01:53 AM - 06/01/17 »
I find I'm missing shots that are a clear hit. Like a input lag or maybe I flick to hard and fast for my flick shots so it doesn't register proper?
Yes that could definitely happen especially for high sensitivity players. Enable that setting "Notify when max turn limit is reached" and see if your flicks cause xim4 to flash red warnings.

Linear probably has a lower turn limit than Exponential as it is. Then, to fix the broken Linear micro movement we have to sacrifice about 3 and a half steps of the curve, so now we blow through the available range up to the limit sooner. Low sensitivity players won't even notice that but high(ish) will.

Offline Kitten_Hearts

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 12:02 PM - 06/01/17 »
I find I'm missing shots that are a clear hit. Like a input lag or maybe I flick to hard and fast for my flick shots so it doesn't register proper?
Yes that could definitely happen especially for high sensitivity players. Enable that setting "Notify when max turn limit is reached" and see if your flicks cause xim4 to flash red warnings.

Linear probably has a lower turn limit than Exponential as it is. Then, to fix the broken Linear micro movement we have to sacrifice about 3 and a half steps of the curve, so now we blow through the available range up to the limit sooner. Low sensitivity players won't even notice that but high(ish) will.

My sensitivity is pretty low actually. I only really ever notice it when I'm ADS as widowmaker. My ADS sensitivity is at 5.31. I'm rocking the g502 and playing on 12dpi.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 03:23 PM - 06/01/17 »
My sensitivity is pretty low actually. I only really ever notice it when I'm ADS as widowmaker. My ADS sensitivity is at 5.31. I'm rocking the g502 and playing on 12dpi.

Try my Curve for hip and ads with Linear Ramp starts at 8.5. I was using 8 like humanfemale recommended but then when I tried it with widowmaker I noticed that it was not catching some really small mouse movement and it got even better now :D

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Offline Kitten_Hearts

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 03:38 PM - 06/01/17 »

Try my Curve for hip and ads with Linear Ramp starts at 8.5. I was using 8 like humanfemale recommended but then when I tried it with widowmaker I noticed that it was not catching some really small mouse movement and it got even better now :D

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

I will give this a shot. Did you notice things like the most dead on shot missing or not registering?

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 04:39 PM - 06/01/17 »
Offtopic,not sure if its worthy of a new thread, but if anyone is interested in playing some competitive on ps4 together shoot me a pm!  ;) Preferably with season/career SR of 3,7k ish + (im 4k s4)

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: 04:50 PM - 06/01/17 »
I tried out the Linear setup with the curve and all and the hip was alright, but the ads was broken it wouldn't move unless I I moved my mouse a fair bit.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 05:01 PM - 06/01/17 »
I tried out the Linear setup with the curve and all and the hip was alright, but the ads was broken it wouldn't move unless I I moved my mouse a fair bit.

Did you use the curve that starts at 8 or 12? See this post to see what I mean: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=47049.msg614808#msg614808

From what I can tell, PS4 needs at least 8 and Xbox One needs at least 12 to move properly at low mouse speeds but that is just a hypothesis of mine.. I don't have a PS4 myself.

Tonight I am going to try upping my curve to 12.5 from the 12 I am currently running.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline lasdepique

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 05:35 PM - 06/01/17 »
Overwatch Linear [New][No Boost]

Aim Technique: Linear Ramp
Aim Smoothing: 0

Xim ST: Console Controller Crossover
Boost: 0
Y/X ratio: 1.0 (if you feel vertical aiming is a little slower than horizontal use: 1.40)
Sensitivity: double your current sensitivity, as a start

Ballistic curve:
Code: [Select]
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwEBokLjhDTVdhbHaAipSfqbO9yMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

Let me know what you think. Trained ST would be better, but I'm having a blast with it anyway!

Really like this curve. Only issue  I have is turn speed. Maybe it's just me or my mouse. But I've got my sensitivity up to 36, still cant do a full 360 without resetting my mouse position. Using a Logitech G403, 12k dpi, polling 100hz. Most people on here have lower sensitivity when running 12k dpi, from what i see.
This set up works for....but I'm open to any suggestions for imporvement.

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 05:49 PM - 06/01/17 »

Did you use the curve that starts at 8 or 12? See this post to see what I mean: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=47049.msg614808#msg614808

From what I can tell, PS4 needs at least 8 and Xbox One needs at least 12 to move properly at low mouse speeds but that is just a hypothesis of mine.. I don't have a PS4 myself.

Tonight I am going to try upping my curve to 12.5 from the 12 I am currently running.

Mines on +12 all the way up the curve and the micromovements don't work if i'm in a widow scope, it doesn't move unless I properly flick across my mousepad. I play on Xbox One by the way.
« Last Edit: 05:55 PM - 06/01/17 by Revv »

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 06:07 PM - 06/01/17 »

Mines on +12 all the way up the curve and the micromovements don't work if i'm in a widow scope, it doesn't move unless I properly flick across my mousepad. I play on Xbox One by the way.

Did you apply the curve to your ADS page as well? Sounds like you only.applied it to the HIP?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)