XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477384 times)

Offline Georoul

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: georoul
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1050 on: 12:45 PM - 05/29/17 »
When I switch to linear ramp all movement become so wrong, so many gaps not smooth at all , red light blinks every time I move mu mouse!

I can't understand how you play it in linear

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 12:53 PM - 05/29/17 »
When I switch to linear ramp all movement become so wrong, so many gaps not smooth at all , red light blinks every time I move mu mouse!

I can't understand how you play it in linear

You can't use the official Overwatch smart translator with the Linear Ramp setting enabled. You need to create a new configuration in the XIM 4 menu and use the game called Console Controller Crossover. It should be the very first game in the list.

You also need to apply one of the curves above so you do not get a gap in your beginning movements.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Georoul

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: georoul
« Reply #1052 on: 03:45 PM - 05/29/17 »
Thank you very much, I didn't know that, I will try it tomorrow.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 04:54 PM - 05/29/17 »
I found 1.5 to be perfect. I went to practice and tried to draw circles around all the round objects. Also drawing circles with bastion helps too. Honestly if I had more time this morning I'd try a few steps around 1.45-1.5 to really get it perfect. Still messing with the sens though. A whole new world....

If u do fine tune it share it with us plz :D

For now I will leave it at 1.5 but if I find one that feels perfect I will post here as well.

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 05:02 PM - 05/29/17 »
What AA and AAW settings are you guys running with the Linear aim setup? I'm going to test it out tonight when I get home just getting some input.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 07:55 PM - 05/29/17 »
What AA and AAW settings are you guys running with the Linear aim setup? I'm going to test it out tonight when I get home just getting some input.

Here all my current settings with Linear Ramp and the Console Controller Crossover ST.

Destroying with soldier, tracer, widow and mccree. This setup requires u aim with the arm and do small adjustments with the wrist, as well as a big mouse pad/space.

In game sensitivity and relative aim all at 100% as expected.
Aim assist: 100
Aim smoothing: 0
Aim assist window size: 0

Mouse dpi: 12k g502 1000hz

Xim hip sensitivity: 13.15 (was 4 with exponential)
Xim ads sensitivity: 5.39 (separated config)(1.64 for exponential)

Y/X Ratio: 1.5 (still trying to fine tune this).

No boost.
No steady aim.

My Curve for hip and ads with Linear Ramp starts at 8.5. I was using 8 like humanfemale recommended but then when I tried it with widowmaker I noticed that it was not catching some really small mouse movement and it got even better now :D

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
« Last Edit: 05:17 AM - 05/31/17 by Zationysk »

Offline Darryl

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 12:32 AM - 05/30/17 »
gunit2004,

I toyed with 12 and 12.5 and ended up sticking at 12.5 because I felt like I could still move super slowly and not register the smallest movement. I might try 12 again after you did. I think the key (be it 8 or 12 or whatever) for anyone else is the exercise in increasing the bottom of the curve until it feels natural on their end.

I don't know enough about curves to know if mine which ends up back at the corner or yours/humanfemale's that stays straight until the top edge is the right way to go. I will have to experiment more. I don't want a deceleration. My thinking initially was that I wanted my full range of mouse movement at top speed. It was feeling to me that maybe your style of curve at the top end was translating full-mouse-input to slightly less than maximum turning. The way I was seeing it was on the bottom end of the curve, I want my tiny mouse movement (X axis, starting at 0) to actually translate to inputting 12.5% to the console (y axis starting at 12.5) so we can overcome their deadzone, which is why we raise it at the start of the curve.

And at the top end, I want my 100% mouse movement (x axis at 100) to translate to 100% input for the console (y axis at 100), so I put it all the way into the corner. What I worry about with your curve is that my 100% mouse movement is actually only sending 87.5% to the console. (100 - 12.5). My further reasoning was that as long as I'm drawing a straight line from my 12.5 in the start to the corner, it should feel natural, but maybe you're right, the 87.5% is fine and could be overcome with more sensitivity? I'm not sure. I am no curves expert, so I'm not positive this is what's happening, but it felt like I had the small control but that I wasn't able to turn as fast as I wanted until I changed that curve. But I'm interested in getting more info or experience with it.

If you don't mind experimenting between those two options at the high end, I'd love hear your thoughts on it. I will do the same when I get a chance.

Offline thundercats

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 10:48 AM - 05/30/17 »
I bought my mouse yesterday (logitech g502) and started practicing, but I'm having some trouble to get used to it

First my settings:

DPI: 12000
Sens: 100/100
AS: 0
Xim 4 sens: 8
everything else is default

So I'm practicing with soldier and I feel my aim is much better in long ranged combat, I'm very happy with this

but in close ranged combat I get lost, I can't keep track of the enemies... I'm not used yet to keyboard so it may be it

or maybe I just need more practice

anyway, in my last game I had 48% acc which is great, especially because there was a genji diving me everytime and no barrier to shot at

but the game before that my acc was 33%...

Maybe I just need more practice, I don't know... I'm playing bioshock infinite on my ps3 just to get used to the keyboard without the stress of a multiplayer game

Next time I'll try to record me playing so you guys can help me with this, but if anyone here could give me any advice I'd appreciate

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 12:18 PM - 05/30/17 »
thundercats, long range or mid range aiming you do with your wrist at least in a certain range where your wrist can reach, left turn, right turn like waving to someone. That is for precise aiming adjustments, and for fast flick shots.

You turn with your whole arm. But close quarters is where you start aiming with your arm more too, if a Tracer is buzzing around your motion to track her left and right, in like 60 degree arcs, is almost like turning anyway.

Edit: here check this video especially from 3 minutes 20 seconds when close quarters aiming is explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X89152oocsA

Offline thundercats

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 01:04 PM - 05/30/17 »
thundercats, long range or mid range aiming you do with your wrist at least in a certain range where your wrist can reach, left turn, right turn like waving to someone. That is for precise aiming adjustments, and for fast flick shots.

You turn with your whole arm. But close quarters is where you start aiming with your arm more too, if a Tracer is buzzing around your motion to track her left and right, in like 60 degree arcs, is almost like turning anyway.

Edit: here check this video especially from 3 minutes 20 seconds when close quarters aiming is explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X89152oocsA

That explains a lot, thank you very much.

My problem is that I put my mouse on a narrow surface, so I'll need a better place to use my mouse

Thank you again

Offline thundercats

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 03:34 PM - 05/30/17 »
Just had a great game with 55% acc... I'm playing quick play so there was no rein shield to shoot at... this is incredible

this xim4 is amazing

I can't wait to have a proper table to use my mouse on, right now I'm using the sofa arm lol

I'm really impressed

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 04:05 PM - 05/30/17 »
Just had a great game with 55% acc... I'm playing quick play so there was no rein shield to shoot at... this is incredible

this xim4 is amazing

I can't wait to have a proper table to use my mouse on, right now I'm using the sofa arm lol

I'm really impressed

You'll be amazed, i went from 3k SR to 4200 with the XIM

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #1062 on: 04:55 AM - 05/31/17 »

this xim4 is amazing

I'm really impressed

I play from my Sofa aswell as I like to play on my 60" 4K TV (Game Mode so theirs no input lag) ... I do not use a Keyboard because of this, I use a Sony Nav Controller + Mouse, I rest my mouse on a hard dinner/lap tray to the right side of me on the sofa seat next to me, it sounds weird but it's super comfortable. You should try it.

Offline thundercats

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 07:22 AM - 05/31/17 »

this xim4 is amazing

I'm really impressed

I play from my Sofa aswell as I like to play on my 60" 4K TV (Game Mode so theirs no input lag) ... I do not use a Keyboard because of this, I use a Sony Nav Controller + Mouse, I rest my mouse on a hard dinner/lap tray to the right side of me on the sofa seat next to me, it sounds weird but it's super comfortable. You should try it.
This is what I'm doing

http://i.imgur.com/0lwZrIw.jpg

but I can't make arm movements and it'll hinder my aim in close combat... mid range and long range is great tho

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #1064 on: 07:28 AM - 05/31/17 »

this xim4 is amazing

I'm really impressed

This is what I'm doing

http://i.imgur.com/0lwZrIw.jpg

but I can't make arm movements and it'll hinder my aim in close combat... mid range and long range is great tho

Mines abit different, I actually have lap tray rested on my sofa next to me, not on the arm of the sofa..  I have a long sofa, it's really comfy. I'd suggest using a Sony Nav instead of keyboard aswell but you'll probably need a G502 mouse as it has enough buttons on it to compensate the keyboard buttons.

I prefer Nav to keyboard as it's just easier for moving in North West, NE, SW, SE directions.

Admin