XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477088 times)

Offline Darryl

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1035 on: 03:22 PM - 05/28/17 »
I've been so fed up with exponential's timed acceleration nonsense I finally decided to try linear ramp against most people's suggestions. I found that immediate chunkiness within tight aiming where there is no movement at the start of the mouse input that everyone is describing. Any minute movements on the mouse weren't registering in the game, so I adjusted my sensitivity and curve and found that by increasing the start of the curve (the left/bottom side of the curve) until those tiny initial movements started registering. it feels like I can move tightly and accurately a pixel at a time. I kept bumping the ballistics up 1 tick at a time until my minimum movement of the mouse actually registered some movement on screen. It's not perfect, but it feels considerably better than exponential at this point. This is likely the best I've found yet over the last 9 months or so.

I hope Blizzard adds more tweaking to linear ramp to allow for deadzone adjustment/etc, but I am feeling better now that I have yet where my movement seems to be direct and consistent. Moving a similar distance across the desk slowly or quickly seems to be turning at a similar and consistent amount, which was unheard of any time prior.

It's still not all the way there yet, as there stlll seems to be a tiny bit of input delay but less than before with the added benefit of more consistent results. I tried adjusting this manually to get a feel for the settings. The start of my curve is similar to the one posted above, but the top-end of my curve goes all the way to the corner. It feels better on quicker movement for me than the one posted above.

My suggestion to anyone pasting in curves/etc with their setup and do not find their tiny mouse movements are being registered is to manually increase their ballistics curve one tick at a time until the tiniest mouse input is reflected on screen.

I'm using the Console Controller Crossover profile (since the Overwatch profile is expecting exponential aiming)
I'm on a G502, 12k, 1000 polling
Ballistic curve starts at 12.5 on the left edge as the only change.
Y/X ratio of 1.7 feels good on my end

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1GSEqMzxETVZfZ3B5goqTnKWttr/I:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
« Last Edit: 03:34 PM - 05/28/17 by Darryl »

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 04:26 PM - 05/28/17 »
I've been thinking about input lag too. After all the problems and obstacles through the year it's close to being "best" ever (after linear ramp fix). But input lag that they never addressed will remain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrnVE44mV0M

It's a big part of aiming feeling floaty or wonky. PC players can bring up ctrl+shift+n overlay and see their SIM(ulation) time, and all of them complain about aiming feeling weird and missing shots when it's as low as 15ms. Who the hell knows how high it is for us.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #1037 on: 05:12 PM - 05/28/17 »
Overwatch Linear [New][No Boost]

Aim Technique: Linear Ramp
Aim Smoothing: 0

Xim ST: Console Controller Crossover
Boost: 0
Y/X ratio: 1.0 (if you feel vertical aiming is a little slower than horizontal use: 1.40)
Sensitivity: double your current sensitivity, as a start

Ballistic curve:
Code: [Select]
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwEBokLjhDTVdhbHaAipSfqbO9yMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

Let me know what you think. Trained ST would be better, but I'm having a blast with it anyway!

There is something to this setup.  I feel more in control of my aim. Better tracking, less over-correcting. Didn't notice any issues with micro movements.  One thing - I was running 5.75 sens (12k dpi)  on expo ramp, and had to bump sens to 18 or 19 to match that.

In my first few games with Ana I had over 60% accuracy. my career avg was in the 50's.

i am surprised this worked so well!  Thanks for sharing!

If you move your mouse a very small amount really slowly, do you get any movement on screen? I wasn't getting any.

Maybe I'll retry with a higher DPI mouse.

Yes, if I slowly/barely move the mouse the cursor moves.  G502 at 12k dpi.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 05:37 PM - 05/28/17 »
Overwatch Linear [New][No Boost]

Aim Technique: Linear Ramp
Aim Smoothing: 0

Xim ST: Console Controller Crossover
Boost: 0
Y/X ratio: 1.0 (if you feel vertical aiming is a little slower than horizontal use: 1.40)
Sensitivity: double your current sensitivity, as a start

Ballistic curve:
Code: [Select]
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwEBokLjhDTVdhbHaAipSfqbO9yMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

Let me know what you think. Trained ST would be better, but I'm having a blast with it anyway!

There is something to this setup.  I feel more in control of my aim. Better tracking, less over-correcting. Didn't notice any issues with micro movements.  One thing - I was running 5.75 sens (12k dpi)  on expo ramp, and had to bump sens to 18 or 19 to match that.

In my first few games with Ana I had over 60% accuracy. my career avg was in the 50's.

i am surprised this worked so well!  Thanks for sharing!

If you move your mouse a very small amount really slowly, do you get any movement on screen? I wasn't getting any.

Maybe I'll retry with a higher DPI mouse.

Yes, if I slowly/barely move the mouse the cursor moves.  G502 at 12k dpi.

Ah okay, maybe the issue is that the method does not work with low DPI. Everyone running it with success has been at 12K I believe. Maybe lower DPI requires a more aggressive ballistic curve to prevent the gap in movement at the beginning.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 11:57 PM - 05/28/17 »
Alright, wow. Now that I figured out what the problem was, you weren't kidding about the potential of Linear Ramp.

So the problem was with humanfemale's curve in that it starts off too low (at 8.0). If you move your mouse really slowly (and by slowly I mean pixel by pixel movement) the game simply doesn't register any movement. This feels awful unless literally all you do is flick your mouse from one side of your mousepad to the other, lol. If you try to slow it down and do precise aiming, your character on screen stops aiming completely.

From 8.0 I went up bit by bit until I hit the number that immediately picks up movement no matter how slow I moved the mouse... this number being 12.0. Darryl your curve starts at 12.5 which is probably fine as well but since I felt 12.0 picks up any small movements just fine I will go with the lower number in order to keep things more "linear" I suppose.

Darryl, your curve worked for me right off the bat in Training Mode as it starts off at 12.5 but the way it slopes down all the way up to 100 basically makes it a deceleration curve (I'm no curve expert by any means, this is just my personal thoughts). Thinking about it that way, I prefer humanfemale's "straight curve" which is +8 all the way up to 100.

So I went ahead and combined the two and ended up with this curve. It starts at 12.0 and remains +12 all the way up to 100. This way, you start at a certain speed and that speed remains consistent throughout and does not all of a sudden slow down. This curve feels super snappy and almost PC-like compared to Exponential Ramp, I am seeing what you guys were talking about this whole time.

Anyways, here is the curve I ended up with if you want to give it a shot. Cheers for experimenting around and figuring out this workaround humanfemale!

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1GCIsNkBKVF5ocnyGkJqkrrjCyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

EDIT: By the way, this is with 1.50 Y/X ratio. That is what I started with and it feels pretty good. Might experiment with this more and report back.
« Last Edit: 12:47 AM - 05/29/17 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #1040 on: 12:28 AM - 05/29/17 »
I used a curve humanfemale posted (quoted her post in my reply),, so I'm not sure how you ended up seeing 2 different curves.  Were you talking about Darryl's curve?  I think the one I've been using starts at 8.0.

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #1041 on: 12:30 AM - 05/29/17 »
YOU'VE DONE IT!
Alright, wow. Now that I figured out what the problem was, you weren't kidding about the potential of Linear Ramp.

So the problem was with humanfemale's curve in that it starts off too low (at 8.0). If you move your mouse really slowly (and by slowly I mean pixel by pixel movement) the game simply doesn't register any movement. This feels awful unless literally all you do is flick your mouse from one side of your mousepad to the other, lol. If you try to slow it down and do precise aiming, your character on screen stops aiming completely.

From 8.0 I went up bit by bit until I hit the number that immediately picks up movement no matter how slow I moved the mouse... this number being 12.0. Lineater your curve starts at 12.5 which is probably fine as well but since I felt 12.0 picks up any small movements just fine I will go with the lower number in order to keep things more "linear" I suppose.

Lineater, your curve worked for me right off the bat in Training Mode as it starts off at 12.5 but the way it slopes down all the way up to 100 basically makes it a deceleration curve (I'm no curve expert by any means, this is just my personal thoughts). Thinking about it that way, I prefer humanfemale's "straight curve" which is +8 all the way up to 100.

So I went ahead and combined the two and ended up with this curve. It starts at 12.0 and remains +12 all the way up to 100. This way, you start at a certain speed and that speed remains consistent throughout and does not all of a sudden slow down. This curve feels super snappy and almost PC-like compared to Exponential Ramp, I am seeing what you guys were talking about this whole time.

Anyways, here is the curve I ended up with if you want to give it a shot. Cheers for experimenting around and figuring out this workaround humanfemale!

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1GCIsNkBKVF5ocnyGkJqkrrjCyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

EDIT: By the way, this is with 1.50 Y/X ratio. That is what I started with and it feels pretty good. Might experiment with this more and report back.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 12:45 AM - 05/29/17 »
I used a curve humanfemale posted (quoted her post in my reply),, so I'm not sure how you ended up seeing 2 different curves.  Were you talking about Darryl's curve?  I think the one I've been using starts at 8.0.

Oh sorry, yes I meant Darryl's curve. Got mixed up with all the post quotes and thought that was your post. I will edit my post.

So pretty much, try Darryl's or the one that I modified because with those, the gap in movement no longer exists at the beginning.
« Last Edit: 12:50 AM - 05/29/17 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 04:18 AM - 05/29/17 »

Oh sorry, yes I meant Darryl's curve. Got mixed up with all the post quotes and thought that was your post. I will edit my post.

So pretty much, try Darryl's or the one that I modified because with those, the gap in movement no longer exists at the beginning.

I tried ur settings/curve and really small movements are going too far for me. Humansfemale curve is more accurate. I am using g502 at 12k dpi 1000hz

But out of curiosity what sensitivity are u running on linear in relation to your exponential setup?

Did you find a better value for Y/X ratio since ur last post? Cause that is the only thing holding me back with this setup.

« Last Edit: 05:12 AM - 05/29/17 by Zationysk »

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 06:04 AM - 05/29/17 »
Same mice, same sensor, same DPI, some of them pick up movement at 8 some not until 12. Weird. The only thing that I could think of is maybe surface calibration making a difference. Mine is always set to default surface.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 10:02 AM - 05/29/17 »
Same mice, same sensor, same DPI, some of them pick up movement at 8 some not until 12. Weird. The only thing that I could think of is maybe surface calibration making a difference. Mine is always set to default surface.

i tried 2 mice so far, Zowie FK2 @3200 DPI and Razer Lancehead @16,000 DPI. Both have noticeable gap at the start of movement, although it is less noticeable on the higher DPI because that gap is closed faster when moving the mouse. I could still notice it though.

Could it be a difference in console perhaps? I'm on Xbox One and need 12 in order to get rid of that gap.

I have a desk full of Logitech mice I can try as well later today.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 10:36 AM - 05/29/17 »
Oh, yeah! Different console.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 10:59 AM - 05/29/17 »
Thanks to everyone for testing.

So the biggest negative that everyone has been mentioning is vertical movement, confirming my initial results too. When I switched from Exponential Ramp to Linear Ramp the very first impression on day 1 was: "horizontal feels great but isn't there something strange about vertical, is it slower??"

I put Y/X ratio to 1.55, then 1.50, then 1.40 and played at 1.40 for two days. Mist told me games often have a lower turn limit on vertical axis and maybe I'm bumping against that, and 1.0 would be true linear.

By this point I've been playing Linear for a whole week and I asked my self what would happen at Y/X 1.0 now? Turns out I could barely feel a difference, because by that point I forgot what Exponential Ramp felt like and this was the new "normal Overwatch feeling".
« Last Edit: 11:04 AM - 05/29/17 by humanfemale »

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 11:14 AM - 05/29/17 »
Thanks to everyone for testing.

So the biggest negative that everyone has been mentioning is vertical movement, confirming my initial results too. When I switched from Exponential Ramp to Linear Ramp the very first impression on day 1 was: "horizontal feels great but isn't there something strange about vertical, is it slower??"

I put Y/X ratio to 1.55, then 1.50, then 1.40 and played at 1.40 for two days. Mist told me games often have a lower turn limit on vertical axis and maybe I'm bumping against that, and 1.0 would be true linear.

By this point I've been playing Linear for a whole week and I asked my self what would happen at Y/X 1.0 now? Turns out I could barely feel a difference, because by that point I forgot what Exponential Ramp felt like and this was the new "normal Overwatch feeling".

I actually didn't find vertical to be all that bad when playing last night. For the first time ever I was having an easy time tracking enemy Genji's as he does double jumps on top of my head. But I was only able to play for a short time.

I am curious why an official ST could not be made for Linear Ramp by taking into account the broken deadzone?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #1049 on: 11:18 AM - 05/29/17 »
I found 1.5 to be perfect. I went to practice and tried to draw circles around all the round objects. Also drawing circles with bastion helps too. Honestly if I had more time this morning I'd try a few steps around 1.45-1.5 to really get it perfect. Still messing with the sens though. A whole new world....