XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 477089 times)

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1020 on: 01:23 AM - 05/27/17 »
I'm a low sensitivity player so at 12k DPI with exponential ramp I used 5 xim sensitivity. I'm now at 12 sensitivity with linear ramp.

Edit: btw I play with 0 aim assist now. Linear flicks are so predictable and accurate I no longer need that aim assist slowdown to compensate for the wonky aim mechanic.
« Last Edit: 01:30 AM - 05/27/17 by humanfemale »

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 03:01 AM - 05/27/17 »
I'm a low sensitivity player so at 12k DPI with exponential ramp I used 5 xim sensitivity. I'm now at 12 sensitivity with linear ramp.

Edit: btw I play with 0 aim assist now. Linear flicks are so predictable and accurate I no longer need that aim assist slowdown to compensate for the wonky aim mechanic.

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I feel Linear is almost unplayable because initial mouse movement isn't even registered. You have to move the mouse fast enough at all times otherwise the game doesn't even register movement.

Not sure how that feels good, lol.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 05:04 AM - 05/27/17 »
Yes, Linear Ramp is broken.

Higher ballistic curve combined with 2 or 3 points lower sensitivity compensates for that. If Blizzard fixes Linear Ramp we reset the curve and increase sensitivity by 2 or 3.

Offline HappehLemons

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 10:38 AM - 05/27/17 »
I'm a little confused. Are we all using liner ramp now? My experience with that has been really bad and I'm using a G502. Are we waiting on STs for LR? In theory it seems like the better aiming system, overwatch doesn't seem to play well with it.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 10:59 AM - 05/27/17 »
I'm a little confused.
Discussion starts on previous pages.

In theory it seems like the better aiming system, overwatch doesn't seem to play well with it.

There is a way to play with it even until they fix it: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=47049.msg614417#msg614417

Offline HappehLemons

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: 11:03 AM - 05/27/17 »
I'm a little confused.
Discussion starts on previous pages.

In theory it seems like the better aiming system, overwatch doesn't seem to play well with it.

There is a way to play with it even until they fix it: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=47049.msg614417#msg614417

Thanks, I'll mess with this later. Is it widely considered better then the current ST?

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 11:34 AM - 05/27/17 »
Is it widely considered better then the current ST?
We only just found a way to make it work few days ago. Test it, have some fun.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 03:53 PM - 05/27/17 »
Overwatch Linear [New][No Boost]

Aim Technique: Linear Ramp
Aim Smoothing: 0

Xim ST: Console Controller Crossover
Boost: 0
Y/X ratio: 1.0 (if you feel vertical aiming is a little slower than horizontal use: 1.40)
Sensitivity: double your current sensitivity, as a start

Ballistic curve:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwEBokLjhDTVdhbHaAipSfqbO9yMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

Let me know what you think. Trained ST would be better, but I'm having a blast with it anyway!

Wow... I tested this and my accuracy went from 52-60ish % to 60-70% :O with soldier.

I love u humanfemale!

Keep us updated on ur findings/settings!

Are u still using 1.4 for x/y ratio? Diagonals feel a lil bit off.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 04:09 PM - 05/27/17 »

I am running ur setup with 12 sensitivity as well but I do have aim assist at 100 with aim assist window at 0. And I am consistently getting higher accuracy than before by quite a lot.

Again thank u so much for sharing this. U made the game even more enjoyable.

I hope they fix linear and then we can get a even better ST for this.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 04:22 PM - 05/27/17 »
To me Linear with those settings while "playable" if you can even call it that, is still heavily broken and micro movements of the mouse are completely ignored. There is a reason XIM decided against supporting Linear because it is inferior at the moment.

Are you guys not experiencing this gap in aiming movement at the beginning of a swipe? To me it is painfully obvious and unplayable.

How you are getting 70% accuracy with Soldier is beyond me, Exponential Ramp at the moment works great and should be the go to for anyone trying to be competitive at all IMO.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 04:44 PM - 05/27/17 »
To me Linear with those settings while "playable" if you can even call it that, is still heavily broken and micro movements of the mouse are completely ignored. There is a reason XIM decided against supporting Linear because it is inferior at the moment.

Are you guys not experiencing this gap in aiming movement at the beginning of a swipe? To me it is painfully obvious and unplayable.

How you are getting 70% accuracy with Soldier is beyond me, Exponential Ramp at the moment works great and should be the go to for anyone trying to be competitive at all IMO.

I tested my exponential setup now but with lower sensitivity from 7 to 5 and I perform pretty similar on both.

I did notice that micro movements and diagonal are alil @#$% with the linear but for flicks it's much better like humanfemale said,

So both setups have pros and cons obviously.

Offline Griffexxx

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 06:17 PM - 05/27/17 »

Y/X ratio: 1.0 (if you feel vertical aiming is a little slower than horizontal use: 1.40)

Ballistic curve:
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

Let me know what you think. Trained ST would be better, but I'm having a blast with it anyway!

amazing

btw im useing ST3 and feels good
XIM Apex
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5
Audio: Hyper x Cloud w/ Astro TR Mixamp
Kb: Miya (Ducky x Varmilo)
Mouse: Razer Viper
Pad: Glorious XXXL Black

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 11:40 PM - 05/27/17 »
still heavily broken and micro movements of the mouse are completely ignored.
Curve was made to avoid this, and it does it successfully for me. Sorry don't have an explanation why it's still broken for you.

Here's the thing guys even if Blizzard improves Linear Ramp there is no guarantee xim is going to support it. Titanfall2 has a linear curve and that was not supported. Developers could easily say that exponential ramp has a higher turn limit and for majority of their customers that is more important so they have to do what is best for majority. Or they could say that in their opinion exponential ramp is "good enough"... or whatever they want to say.

Exponential ST does its best to make it feel linear but underlying acceleration curve in the game is still exponential and for me that was never good enough. Drag shots and flicks were always unpredictable to me.

Anyway bottom line is that I wanted to see if I could enjoy this game with linear and console controller crossover. Even if Blizzard improves linear ramp this right here is the best it will feel, maybe little bit better, but big picture is how linear ramp and controller crossover interact (diagonals, verticals, so on). Luckily for me I discovered I could live with it, and do so without depending on anyone to train or not train smart translators.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #1033 on: 03:22 AM - 05/28/17 »

Ballistic curve:
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

There is something to this setup.  I feel more in control of my aim. Better tracking, less over-correcting. Didn't notice any issues with micro movements.  One thing - I was running 5.75 sens (12k dpi)  on expo ramp, and had to bump sens to 18 or 19 to match that.

In my first few games with Ana I had over 60% accuracy. my career avg was in the 50's.

i am surprised this worked so well!  Thanks for sharing! 

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 03:01 PM - 05/28/17 »

Ballistic curve:
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic curve example:

There is something to this setup.  I feel more in control of my aim. Better tracking, less over-correcting. Didn't notice any issues with micro movements.  One thing - I was running 5.75 sens (12k dpi)  on expo ramp, and had to bump sens to 18 or 19 to match that.

In my first few games with Ana I had over 60% accuracy. my career avg was in the 50's.

i am surprised this worked so well!  Thanks for sharing!

If you move your mouse a very small amount really slowly, do you get any movement on screen? I wasn't getting any.

Maybe I'll retry with a higher DPI mouse.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4