XIM Community

g 502 angle snapping  (Read 3552 times)

Offline gramps

• View Profile
g 502 angle snapping
« on: 08:23 AM - 05/30/16 »
hi guys I'm new here  my question is I noticed a post here about angle snapping on the g 502 mouse so I enabled it to try and I've two computers running the Logitech gaming software and I've noticed that when I enable angle snapping  then plug the mouse into the other computer the angle snapping isn't enabled ? So are theses people who are using xims with angle snapping just  getting a placebo affect as it seems to me that its a software option that doesn't work with the on-board memory and doesn't save to the mouse it   only works on pc though the  software  and won't work with the xim ?

thanks 

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: g 502 angle snapping
« Reply #1 on: 08:44 AM - 05/30/16 »
Hey Gramps,

As someone who uses AS religiously I can tell you with absolutely 100% certainty that it does work with onboard memory and LGS software.

After using it for a very long time, I turned it off once and immediately could tell the difference.

Are you sure you don't have certain profiles defaulting to seperate computers?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:03 AM - 05/30/16 »
when you launch the logitech gaming driver check on the very right if your changes are saved to the onboard memory
if that is the case then it could be that your other pc also has the logitech driver running in the back so check that driver too
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:29 AM - 05/30/16 »
wow thanks guys  ill give it another look  silly me !!!!  .

On another note I don't spose there's anyway I can unassign my Logitech g 13 joystick and use it as binded keyboard keys like on the pc ?
I've looked around this forum and it looks like you cant ? the xim4  sees it as a joystick not a keyboard EO?

thanks  gramps

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:32 AM - 05/30/16 »
when in the hip config just click on the keyboard part and bind the walking keys on to your logitech keyboard keys, then you can also walk with WASD so to say :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:38 AM - 05/30/16 »
yes I've got that but i want to bind the joystick  i throw grenades  and  gadget 1 and  two binded to the joystick  in bf4 on pc but i cant do that with the xim as it wont unbind the joystick  from  movement ?

thanks gramps

Offline Bookuvapes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:24 AM - 06/03/16 »
I enabled angle snapping on the (on board memory) and i cant see a difference at all, even on my pc?

I have a Logitech g303 btw.

Offline tehcrs

• Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:42 AM - 06/03/16 »
Isn't AS considered cheating in a way or another?
XB1 - 32" Full HD LCD - Razer Orbweaver - Logitech G303

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:18 AM - 06/03/16 »
Isn't AS considered cheating in a way or another?

yes and no

on the one side you have a bit more of aim assist while on the other side you lose quite some micro movement precision
imo you lose way more than you gain since the additional aim assist is rather weak compared to the pretty noticeable precision decrease in your micro movements

Offline tehcrs

• Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:05 AM - 06/03/16 »
Fair enough.. But why use AS then? :-P
XB1 - 32" Full HD LCD - Razer Orbweaver - Logitech G303

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #10 on: 08:12 AM - 06/09/16 »
Fair enough.. But why use AS then? :-P

+1, I would like to know this as well.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline blank201

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:56 AM - 06/09/16 »
i use AS because i feel it keeps me on an axis similar to what a controller does. my aim has been much better with it on . i hope this helps.