XIM Community

BO3 help  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Bully

• View Profile
BO3 help
« on: 05:01 AM - 05/28/16 »
I have noticed the last few days of playing that sometimes it is hard to get on target whilst in ads, it feels like the reversed polarity of a magnet stopping me from getting on the target once I get to about 1/4 inch away.  Is there anything I can do to improve this. I am on Xbox one and using RML's setup, using firmware 20160405.
MY COD MW SETUP
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85358.0

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: BO3 help
« Reply #1 on: 07:13 PM - 05/28/16 »
I have noticed the last few days of playing that sometimes it is hard to get on target whilst in ads, it feels like the reversed polarity of a magnet stopping me from getting on the target once I get to about 1/4 inch away.  Is there anything I can do to improve this. I am on Xbox one and using RML's setup, using firmware 20160405.

I hate to say it, but the best way I've found is to revert back to the old firmware 1114. I feel like an @#$% telling people this as I really want to like STv2 myself and going back is a breaking change. I had to start again from scratch and without Turn Assist (which is really going to suck when BF1 comes out). I also really like progressive ads delay that comes with STv2. But STv1 just handles AA better IMO.

Offline Griffexxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:04 PM - 05/28/16 »
are u using a cUrve or nah RML?
« Last Edit: 10:23 PM - 05/28/16 by Griffexxx »
XIM Apex
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5
Audio: Hyper x Cloud w/ Astro TR Mixamp
Kb: Miya (Ducky x Varmilo)
Mouse: Razer Viper
Pad: Glorious XXXL Black

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:26 AM - 05/29/16 »
are u using a cUrve or nah RML?

I am using a curve which RML created.
MY COD MW SETUP

Xim Apex | Xbox Series X | Xbox series X controller | Logitech G502 mouse | Sony Nav | Razer Destructor Mat | 55" Panasonic 4K OLED TV

Offline Griffexxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:35 AM - 05/29/16 »
no im ta;lking with the old stv1 , is there a converter?
XIM Apex
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5
Audio: Hyper x Cloud w/ Astro TR Mixamp
Kb: Miya (Ducky x Varmilo)
Mouse: Razer Viper
Pad: Glorious XXXL Black

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:16 AM - 05/29/16 »
I've added 20141114 firmware/manager codes at the bottom of the OP in this thread.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43328.0

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:21 AM - 05/29/16 »
I have added boost to my setup which seems to be making things better
MY COD MW SETUP

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:31 AM - 05/29/16 »
I have added boost to my setup which seems to be making things better

Here are my thoughts on boost, I'll copy/paste from another thread.

Boost can be useful for some low Turn cap games or games that utilize timed acceleration. IMO though, it's best purpose is for trying to make a dead zone work with an unsupported game or for Vehicles, which are also unsupported. Boost can also help with AA, but it's a slippery slope.

The real difference between Boost and Ballistics is Boost is instantaneous from point A to point B. It allows you to manipulate the starting point of the right stick. So if you pick up your controller and slowly move the right stick you will feel a certain amount of play "Dead Zone" before your movement actually registers on the screen. As you push harder on the right stick your movement speed will increase. Boost allows you to completely bypass that dead zone (if you wish) and you can pretty much choose the starting point of your right stick movement. So if you crank Boost WAY up, it's just like starting your movement at the point where the right stick is immediately pegged. Ballistics allow you the same benefit except you can slowly ramp up or down to the desired speed instead of getting there instantaneously. Also Boost only works as acceleration, where ballistics can also slow your movement down if so desired.

Think of it like an electric and a combustion motor.

- Electric power is instantaneous, as soon as you punch the gas you have the max output that your motor can draw from it's power core. - BOOST -
- Combustion motors have alot of mechanical parts that take longer to build up torque. - Ballistic curve -

Now ballistics can be instantaneous obviously, if you make a ballistic like the electric graph above.

I hope this helps you understand when and why you would want to use one or the other or maybe even both sometimes.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:41 AM - 05/29/16 »
RML, thanks for the detailed explanation. well for me adding boost to your curves has reduced the magnet feeling a lot
MY COD MW SETUP

Offline RML

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:50 AM - 05/29/16 »
RML, thanks for the detailed explanation. well for me adding boost to your curves has reduced the magnet feeling a lot

That's good, how's micro movements feel though? I imagine boost can help quite a bit with fast paced in your face stuff. But setting it up for that leads toward struggles with things like longe range sniping and mid-long range encounters. It's difficult to find that happy medium.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:37 AM - 05/29/16 »

That's good, how's micro movements feel though? I imagine boost can help quite a bit with fast paced in your face stuff. But setting it up for that leads toward struggles with things like longe range sniping and mid-long range encounters. It's difficult to find that happy medium.

Micro movements are pretty good
MY COD MW SETUP