Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: GAMING CHAIRS
« Reply #1 on: 03:50 AM - 05/27/16 »
Definitely.

I use a GT Omega Racing chair (https://www.amazon.co.uk/GT-OMEGA-RACING-OFFICE-FABRIC/dp/B00I8X4MNM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464342643&sr=8-3&keywords=GT+OMEGA+RACINg#Ask).

My previous chairs have all been office exec types in the 50-100 range, but I wanted something that felt more like a car bucket seat. I put a wish-list together and found the GTA.

It feels harder than a plush office chair when you first use it, but it holds you in place much better. I use it for hours at a time and never get a sore back, or achy bum. The arm rests support my elbows so my arms never get tired either.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:41 AM - 05/27/16 »
ive gone thru 3 chairs that ranged from 50-200 bucks and didnt last very long. the comfort doesnt last long esp if its a soft cushion and being 6'6 those chairs were never made for me.  after doing some research i stumbled upon this chair, its a bit more expensive than regular gaming chairs but this is the most comfortable chair ive ever used. the chair can be raised so high that my feet are off the ground, and me being 6'6 was a bit weird experiencing.

http://www.needforseatusa.com/MAXNOMIC-TITANUS-BLACK_p_141.html

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:42 AM - 05/27/16 »
Using the Staples HYKEN chair which is nice. I wish it reclined back a lot more for movies and jerking off but other than that it's fine.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:34 PM - 05/27/16 »
Gaming chairs are like gaming headsets - better than generic office crap, but not by much. Put a red stripe on anything and folks will think it's teh sh!t.

It's not until you step up to proper ergonomic seats that you get a real benefit. Like audiophile-grade gear, you'll pay for it, but your back will thank you in the long run.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline trenth

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TrentHallmark
« Reply #5 on: 03:40 PM - 05/27/16 »
Gaming chair's are @#$%. The chairs at the same price point at Office Depot are better.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
GAMING CHAIRS
« Reply #6 on: 08:11 PM - 05/27/16 »
I bought a dx racer a while back because I got a bonus check from work and I needed a chair. People talk bad about them but it is extremely comfortable to me. I've always had lower back problems from sports injuries and regular cheap office chairs would have my back locked up and in pain after no time. I can play for hours at a time now with no problems. Was it overpriced? Maybe. I like it though and it solved my problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:21 PM - 05/29/16 »
Bought this commercial truck seat from a wrecker for $75 bucks best computer seat ever,never gets uncomfortable
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline Ehmien

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:19 PM - 06/04/16 »
Bought this commercial truck seat from a wrecker for $75 bucks best computer seat ever,never gets uncomfortable
HAhaha! This @#$% right here is awesome. I did the same thing a couple of years ago. Got an old Mercedes chair from a wrecker..i swear that thing was ace! If i could get my hands on a truck chair that would be awesome..those people drive for hours non stop and have perfect comfort.

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:49 PM - 06/07/16 »
Now I want to get a Volkswagen or Audi seat. 8)
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #10 on: 04:31 AM - 06/08/16 »
There was another thread a couple of years back here on the forum about this and at the time someone pointed out that Herman Miller makes the best office chairs in the market. I personally still haven't bought one, only because I still haven't bought a house yet. This will be on the top 5 things to spend money on. A good chair is like a good mattress... If you're going to spend 6 hours+ sitting/lying in it, buy the best product you can. 

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 04:48 AM - 06/08/16 »
There was another thread a couple of years back here on the forum about this and at the time someone pointed out that Herman Miller makes the best office chairs in the market. I personally still haven't bought one, only because I still haven't bought a house yet. This will be on the top 5 things to spend money on. A good chair is like a good mattress... If you're going to spend 6 hours+ sitting/lying in it, buy the best product you can. 

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

I have an Aeron. They're not cheap, but they're worth it for the incredible comfort factor. The mesh material allows airflow, so it doesn't degrade over time due to sweat. And the chairs have an insane 12 year warranty.

I also wanted a headrest and after vetting a number of options, went with this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MV8C8TA/

The chair has been a god-send for my lower back and knees, the headrest has done the same for my dodgy neck.

Gaming chairs are better than cheap office chairs, but they're not built for ergonomics, nor to last. I'd put them in the same category as gaming headsets - they're a step up from consumer-grade equipment, but they're all flash with little substance.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts