XIM Community

Destiny Sniper God rolls  (Read 4741 times)

Offline hakwack

• It's Hack Wack
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hakwack
  • PSN ID: Hakwack_
Destiny Sniper God rolls
« on: 09:10 PM - 05/21/16 »
Hey guys just a question, Generally a god roll will be anything that assists of having high aim Assist perks. But we all know that using aim assists with xim isnt good. (i think). So what would a God roll look like for a ximmer.

Offline Archer444

• View Profile
Re: Destiny Sniper God rolls
« Reply #1 on: 08:00 AM - 05/23/16 »
For Crucible- Queenbreakers' Bow. You can thank me later!  ;)

For PvE- the roll I'm looking for is 1K Stare w/ Triple Tap, Casket Mag, and Spray/Play (or Performance Bonus). I only use snipers for bosses so any roll that gives me bonus ammo is huge benefit in my book.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #2 on: 08:30 AM - 05/23/16 »
I'm a big fan of having aim assist actually.  I run a shortgaze longbow.  My aiming involves getting close to the head and swiping across it while firing.  It reduces the time to aim and keeps me up to par with all the stick-swipe snipers...which are becoming really dominant and hard to compete with at times.

Otherwise, using a 1000 yard stare with ambush would have a low AA.

Other snipers with low base AA are:
Tao Hua Yuan
Extrasolar RR4
Eriene RR4
Uzume RR4

I would then looks for perks like Army of One, Genadier, life support, unflinching, snapshot.

For a low AA build with high impact I'd look for a 1000 yard stare with ambush, army of one, snapshot and unflinching.  That would feel really responsive, less sticky, and give you faster nades/melees with kills.

Super low AA build with low impact: Extrasolar RR4 with same perks ^

Personally, I'm looking for a super High AA build  in that I want a longbow, shortgaze, army of one, rifled barrel, hidden hand build.

Shortgaze doesn't give any added AA anymore.  If you want a scope that adds AA, you need a Longview SLR10.  The SLR10, always gave more AA than Shortgaze, BTW.  Most people don't know that.

Since the last balance changes, Shortgaze gives a big fat 0 in AA.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:39 AM - 05/23/16 »
For Crucible- Queenbreakers' Bow. You can thank me later!  ;)

For PvE- the roll I'm looking for is 1K Stare w/ Triple Tap, Casket Mag, and Spray/Play (or Performance Bonus). I only use snipers for bosses so any roll that gives me bonus ammo is huge benefit in my book.

Queenbreaker's Bow is a head magnet, and an extremely fun gun to use, but you are going to be at a big disadvantage against other snipers with it, simply because it is a charge weapon.

It's very easy to aim at a spot that you know someone will come through, aim at head level, and pull the trigger when they do with a sniper.  Can't do that with QB.  It's very easy to counter snipe someone from behind cover by remembering where they are and just strafing out to take the shot.  You can do that with QB, but not as easily.  You have to time the charge perfectly if you are going against a sniper that is good, and if they change their position at all by moving in any direction, or crouching if they were standing, or standing if they were crouching, you won't be able to adjust.  It's much easier for them to make adjustments though in that scenario, cause they can shoot whenever they have the shot lined up instantly, and don't need to recharge.

The sights on the QB are awesome and the head magnet nature of the QB is awesome, but just like in every other shooter that has a sniper with a timed charge, it isn't as good as a sniper that can just shoot off the bat.  Especially when QB needs a headshot to kill.  At least the charged sniper in CoD can kill above the knees.  Same with the Pulse sniper in Battlefront.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:48 AM - 05/23/16 »
Hey guys just a question, Generally a god roll will be anything that assists of having high aim Assist perks. But we all know that using aim assists with xim isnt good. (i think). So what would a God roll look like for a ximmer.

The main things that make a "God roll" for a sniper are AA and Range.  You want to max AA and max Range.  Stability is only useful on the fast firing snipers, which most people don't use anyway.  AA and Range make hitting headshots easier, which is the main thing you want to do.

Unflinching isn't a bad perk, but it doesn't eliminate flinching, it just lessons it.  You can still get flinched enough to miss a shot with the Perk, so it's not all that great.

AA slows down your crosshairs as you near the target, so it's still beneficial for XIM users as it will allow you to make fast flick shots and helps you to not overshoot the target.  It isn't necessary, as I don't find it too much more difficult to make the same shots with a Black Spindle as I do Weyloran's, but any advantage isn't a bad thing.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:54 AM - 05/23/16 »

Shortgaze doesn't give any added AA anymore.  If you want a scope that adds AA, you need a Longview SLR10.  The SLR10, always gave more AA than Shortgaze, BTW.  Most people don't know that.

Since the last balance changes, Shortgaze gives a big fat 0 in AA.

I heard the rumblings originally around shortgaze losing AA, but it actually didn't change.  Its AA is listed as "0", but has a funky way of working in Destiny.

Ref:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/4g56e0/sniper_scope_aa_values_post_patch_22/

That reddit still seems to conclude that SG is 0 AA after the update and that SLR10 always had more AA...  Just seems to be some confusion and ambiguity about what they were before.

Offline ragesomemoar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:45 AM - 05/23/16 »
another perk you would want on your sniper is quickdraw or snapshot

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #7 on: 10:55 AM - 05/23/16 »
Give no land beyond a try.  I primary no land with the new monarcy conviction 2 sidearm.  Post sniper nerf I find to have tunnel vision with the scopes.  Never have to worry about special ammo crates.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:15 PM - 05/23/16 »
That reddit still seems to conclude that SG is 0 AA after the update and that SLR10 always had more AA...  Just seems to be some confusion and ambiguity about what they were before.

Yep - but it concludes that Shortgaze the same before and after and the Longview actually lost AA.

Yep - SLR10 has always had more AA.  I just don't like the feel of it and usually recommend shortgaze.  Per the TL;DR of the findings around scope changes:
"TL;DR: Just use the numbers in this table. Add them to the min AA value for your sniper, and be done. Base values are stupid, ignore them."
LongView SLR10   28
ShortGaze SLH10   25

Longview gains a little AA over shortgaze while having little more zoom.  So really is just comes down to personal preference.  I like the lower zoom, it just feels better.  Maybe I'll give longview another try...but even the newer zoom on shortgaze has me struggling in mid-range, any more zoom and I'm going to be missing more shots than it's worth for the +3 AA.  Both are good scopes for AA users.

Ambush is still the non-AA user's dream scope.

True.  The findings are that it hasn't changed, but it still gives 0 AA.  If the idea is to choose a scope that gives AA, then SG shouldn't be selected.  Now I'm not 100% sure that these numbers are accurate, and it doesn't sound like the author is all that confident either, but they are all we have to go on.  That's all I'm saying.

Also the zoom on each is about the same now (I've seen info from other sources that say they are exactly the same now) so not much reason to choose SG, unless you just like the reticule.  Which is ok.  My prefered sniper is the Stillpiercer/ Zen Meteor, and part of that reason is the sights on each.  Which are the same since they are pretty much the same gun.

For whatever reason, my snipers always roll SLR10. I have had very few with SG. I do like SG though as the sights are pretty clean and the zoom is fine.  I also like Ambush.  The negative AA isn't a big deal, and the snappier aim is a big plus.  As long as I roll one of the 3, I'm pretty much happy.  I'm just most used to SLR10, cause almost every snipr I've had, has had it.  Only ones that I've had with SG, are my current Glass Promontory, my old Her Benevolence and The Supremacy.  Never rolled a Longbow, or LDR with it.  Never had Shadow of Veils and my 1000yd Stares keep coming up either SLR10 or Ambush.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:17 PM - 05/23/16 »
Give no land beyond a try.  I primary no land with the new monarcy conviction 2 sidearm.  Post sniper nerf I find to have tunnel vision with the scopes.  Never have to worry about special ammo crates.

My favorite gun in the whole game.  Most annoying gun in the whole game to use when there are Red Bars on the other team though lol.  Any lag with NLB and I want to flip every table... ever...

Admin