XIM Community

Looking for Battlefield 4 Players  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Jayson

• View Profile
Looking for Battlefield 4 Players
« on: 02:22 PM - 05/21/16 »

when you send a invite please add " Xim4 Battlefield 4 "
« Last Edit: 02:42 AM - 08/05/17 by Jayson »

Offline name294

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Battlefield 4 Players
« Reply #1 on: 01:03 PM - 05/22/16 »
I highly recommend playing team deathmatch if you want to bring out the full power of the xim4 :)

Or other smaller mapped gamemodes with no vehicles. I feel like the xim4 doesn't give much of an advantage over controllers when it comes to vehicle controls (and certainly not when it comes to piloting).

But on team deathmatch or domination, there are no vehicles and everyone is on the ground with their guns. Really good place for a xim. Also if you run with a good squad, you can totally control the map, pretty much spawn trap the opposing team and hold down chock points of the map.

I highly recommend checking out competitive tournaments ESL battlefield 4 videos on youtube. The tournaments only play small map, no vehicle game modes and the players are on the PC. Study their mouse and keyboard movements, those guys have amazing speed & reactions. Good source of studying game mechanics.

Offline name294

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:20 AM - 05/23/16 »
Yep, shotguns got a big damage buff following the major spring patch. And since TDM is small maps, they tend to be more effective.

The best way to use a shotgun is the aim down sights, as that tightens the spread drastically. How most people do it is to make sure that your "snap to" aim assist is enabled and once their crosshairs are hovered near you, just ADS and shoot really fast for a easy kill. If they have full choke attachment on their shotgun, their range is even greater. If they have a pump action, the number of pellets is even greater.

Keep in mind shotguns do the most damage against targets fully exposed and standing. If a target is partially in cover, since they can't control where the pellets go, the damage is reduced. And I believe shotguns do no extra damage with head shot hits. So if only your head is sticking out of cover, your still fairly safe against a shotgun hit. So the trick is to be in cover. Though on maps like Zavod, it is trickier since there are more limited cover options.

Also, bullets you fire actually come out of your head in this game. Visually, it looks like it is existing the gun, but reality it is being fired from your head. That's why sometimes you see only a guy's head sticking out of cover, but his still shooting at you.

Offline Clu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Clu Rebooted
« Reply #3 on: 04:58 AM - 05/23/16 »
Xb1 player GT: My Clu  I still play almost everyday.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:39 AM - 05/23/16 »
Hey guys, 

I'll send you guys an add later.  I've been trying to find guys to play BF4 with.  Just picked it up for the first time since it first came out (and I was using a controller back then).  It feels great and I'm usually breaking the 2kd mark - however I'm just terrible at getting my map positioning down.  90% of my deaths are just trying to run from point to point and getting hit by a sniper, helicopter, jet, tank, vehicle, or otherwise getting shot with no way to defend myself.  Can be quite frustrating...maybe having a crew will help prevent that....

first off, you play the game 95% better than most other people on the server
people that actually rush from point to point are very rare but usually are key to win the game since not kills will make you win conquest but captured points

as to your question, it greatly helps to read out the map when you are deciding which point you tackle next
it gives you some additional awareness outside of the regular happenings on what points are currently captured by the opponents team (usually higher player density with vehicles) and where vehicles have been spotted
you then can go for points that are sort of abandoned where you only need to take care of respawning players
after some games on a certain map youll develop quite some knowledge on which ways are save to run when there are certain capture situations :)

as to playing with a team, no i wouldnt say this increases your chance unless they play medic and rush objectives the same way as you do
mostly though youll probably team up with gamers of other playstyles which either is no help towards your own playstyle or will automatically make you somewhat adapt to their playstyle
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin