XIM Community

OBsIV ... couple of questions? (For Advanced Xim players)  (Read 227005 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: OBsIV ... couple of questions?
« Reply #165 on: 05:10 AM - 06/01/16 »
I believe "my" issue is that @12000 DPI on the G502, it is picking up the smallest of movements, making me "overshoot". I need the movement speed though (at my current XIM sens and 12k), but "rougher" or "smoother" sensibility from the mouse (but with the current movement speed)...

Seems I have my own conundrum to work out, not necessarily connected to the ST's.

What's your Xim HIP / ADS sensitivity? Do you have angle snapping enabled in LGS?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #166 on: 06:59 AM - 06/01/16 »
If you are plating destiny i would suggest 500 polling rate to start off.  Angle Snapping off.  Also start with standard settings no curve and set it high then come down till you feel comfortable with your aim.  Another thing that can also affect aiming is your mouse pad if you are a low sensitivity player i would go with a soft mouse pad over hard. You want a mouse pad  with a little friction or stopping power.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #167 on: 09:59 AM - 06/01/16 »
RML I've been playin on STv2 for the past 6 months on destiny been trough a lot of curves, settings, and all sorts of experiments i've tried it all till i found something playable and good enough to play try hards in crucible. as of this morning i decided to try this STv1 that everyone is talking about. i been playing for the past 3 hours and i have to admit as pvp player nothing felt smoother than stv1 my ADS and your ADS curve feels fluent no problem adjusting or moving within the aim assist box. love the way it feels when aming

only cons about stv1 one for the nav users
-Turn assist
-cant bind those extra buttons to your mouse like the g502 extra buttons
-cant adjust profile like stv2 or back it up

other than that if you play destiny and you use a keyboard i highly recommend using STv1
another thing i had issue maybe i didnt put too much time into finding the right sensitivity was the vanilla destiny st was too sticky for me its not as good as in stv2 had a harder time swapping from target to target
well thats my thoughts on the 2 versions i really hope OBSiv can make aim assist feature feel like stv1 because i might not even go back after today

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 11:11 AM - 06/01/16 »
Thanks prO, I know it's a pain downgrading and I didn't want to do it either. But like you, I have no doubt that STv1 is better for Aim Assist on every game I've played, then Stv2. By better I mean LESS slow down and easier to manage.

I'm not going back to Stv2 until OBsIV is ready to unleash Steady Aim 2.0  ;)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 11:23 AM - 06/01/16 »
I tried a KB this morning, well not actually a KB but the Razer Chroma. I still feel like Aim Assist isn't right. Although my movement sucked. It felt the same while standing still but did feel a little better while strafing.

OBsIV, is there a way you can make Left Stick peg instantly with the Nav? Try to simulate KB movement, would that be beneficial? According to what some members are saying about analog movement it sounds like it could be.

I'll try completely removing the deadzone, but I'm not sure if that's going to work. I know that won't work for navigating the dash board, not sure about in game.

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
OBsIV ... couple of questions?
« Reply #170 on: 03:24 PM - 06/01/16 »
I play WASD and noticed the AA issue a while back. I also have a nav and I used it a bit and noticed no difference. I really don't think analog or WASD movement really makes a difference. At least not in CoD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #171 on: 03:56 PM - 06/01/16 »
I agree, I don't think there is reason to believe it's digital vs. analog movement that is the difference here.

I'm currently working on a new Steady Aim that will help gather more data on what the difference is.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #172 on: 06:00 PM - 06/01/16 »
I read somewhere on another thread before that the Nav has aim assist . If I'm not mistaken, I think it was od1n that said it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #173 on: 06:31 PM - 06/01/16 »
I read somewhere on another thread before that the Nav has aim assist . If I'm not mistaken, I think it was od1n that said it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, he said that analog movement is effected more by AA.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #174 on: 10:12 PM - 06/01/16 »
Ok, as mentioned before I am working on different variations of Steady Aim given the analysis I've done. My working hypothesis is that the extra precision of STv2 is picking up jitter in some peoples' hands which is causing AA to trigger differently. This is why I'm interested in trying different types of Steady Aim.

Here is the first attempt: http://cloud.xim4.com/Beta/XIM4Flash-20160601-STEADYAIM0.exe

WARNING: This is an experimental build. Do not use it if you haven't been following this thread!

This note this is a quick hack that repurposes Boost to be the level of intensity for this version Steady Aim. Boost no longer acts like it did before, it's there now to change how intense Steady Aim feels.

To use: Enable Steady Aim and then set Boost between 1 and 100.

Suggested that you start with Boost (i.e. Steady Aim intensity) around 50. Value of 100 will feel unusable.

Please provide feedback here.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #175 on: 11:14 PM - 06/01/16 »
Lovely, thanks OBs. I'll install and play with it.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 12:24 AM - 06/02/16 »
Excellent, thanks for working on this. I'll have a play with it later today  :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #177 on: 12:38 AM - 06/02/16 »
Thanks. Please try many values for the Steady Aim intensity (which again, is mapped to the Boost knob in this experimental build).

Offline Legend

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #178 on: 12:49 AM - 06/02/16 »
which manager do we use

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #179 on: 12:52 AM - 06/02/16 »
which manager do we use
A wild guess is the last one. I think this is a remake of it.
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Admin