XIM Community

Just bought XIM 360  (Read 2171 times)

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arrow of Ares
Just bought XIM 360
« on: 07:37 PM - 02/28/10 »
Just bought an xim360 off ebay two days ago for 155 hope I get it soon. G9 also in mail for 50 bucks new

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought XIM 360
« Reply #1 on: 08:02 PM - 02/28/10 »
Welcome to the community. Your off to a good start by ordering your G5, this leads me to believe new users are now doing research first! :) I recommend reading through the bible/faq if you haven't already. Bookmark the support faq to avoid any chaos on day one.

bible/faq http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1796.0

support faq http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4172.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline StoppableHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:50 PM - 02/28/10 »
I was looking at the same XIM the other day thinking about doing the "buy it now" but decided to keep waiting for the XIM3.

Good price, you'll have fun with it.

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:28 AM - 03/01/10 »
Yea Ive read about every post on this website already read Tweaks 64 bit guide to installing the software. Just waiting.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:16 AM - 03/01/10 »
well add me man, id like to see what you can do when you get your xim!

GT cl3an ki11

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #5 on: 11:34 AM - 03/01/10 »
Welcome to the community.

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:32 AM - 03/03/10 »
Ok so I got my xim yesterday and the mouse comes today. I was wondering since I dont have the money for a g13 right now if I can remap the controls of an additional xbox wired controller to use for movement. I searched this and I found some things, but can you remap all buttons including the dpad? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:12 PM - 03/03/10 »
I dont know exactly what you mean.  the xim2 is able to be used as a standalone controller so you can use that for your controller.  And yes you can remap the dpad buttons.  Honestly, to each his own, but it makes me wonder how you can play with this method.  I feel like the non joystick aspect, obviously for me, is one of my favorite aspects of the xim.  just asking out of curiosity, as many of us are pc gamers who are used to WASD.

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:42 PM - 03/03/10 »
I like not having to use three finger to move, thats why I will get a g13 later. I have used wasd before, but I am a console player when I started gaming so not to much pc experience. The main reason I got a xim360 is to use a mouse for aiming, as it is more precise than sticks. I also want to eventually try out macros and stuff, but mainly I bought it just to see what its all about and try it out. Maybe if I get  more experience with using a keyboard I will grow to like wasd better, Idk we will see.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:02 PM - 03/03/10 »
that makes sense.  I just think WASD lets me move more precisely than the joystick.  and i dont have to hold down the joystick to run, i just tap shift and run until i cant anymore.  its whatever though.  Im just trying to convert you to our dark side lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:41 PM - 03/03/10 »
Yes in theory if you have another usb xbox 360 controller you can use that one as a joystick for your player movement through xim. From what I've seen people have had problems doing this for some reason. Let us know if it works out for you.

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:27 PM - 03/03/10 »
it did not work so im just using my laptop keyboard man for some reason I can snipe real well with it but im not good on the fly. Im not use to a keyboard. It seems like its also harder to aim when i'm using anything but a sniper. It is probably windows 7 it took me forever to get a config on here to feel sorta right by fixing mouse acceleration and messing with sensitivities. As of now I'm still better with a controller except for sniping.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:03 PM - 03/03/10 »
Is the keyboard holding your back or the aiming? If it's the keyboard you'll just have to get used to it. If it's the aiming make sure you've setup your secondary sensitivity and secondary sensitivity toggle correctly. If your playing COD it helps to have steady aim. IMO steady aim on a controller is almost useless.. but with xim it's a godsend.

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:14 PM - 03/03/10 »
Thanks, I actually did have the sensitivity toggle assigned wrong. I Still need to get used to the keyboard though.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:23 PM - 03/03/10 »
It's like riding a bike, you will get it. Make sure your secondary sensitivity is set higher than your primary to even out the feel.

A piece of information that will help your transition is when using a keyboard there is no delay between moving in a direction. With an analog stick it takes a small amount of time for the analog stick to go from 0% movement to 100% movement. On a keyboard it's instant. Also I'm pretty sure we can strafe while running forward and analog sticks can't do that. In COD at least.

Admin