XIM Community

Destiny, lets make the profiles alive again!  (Read 21599 times)

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
Destiny, lets make the profiles alive again!
« on: 05:36 AM - 05/13/16 »
Ok, so the mighty RML just went out and said he was surprised that his destiny settings still was used. And that sure would be better ones now. So ppl, its time to share your settings.

"I watch DrLupo a lot, and he still use a old firmware 4.00.20141114. I want a solid profile like his one. But should I really downgrade xim? Normally firmware should be better not the other way right? If I can believe ppl on this forum he also use a dpi at 3600. And the ppl behind xim always say you should aim for hight possible dpi on your mouse. (here is his settings, http://imgur.com/a/90cnX that he shared.) Pls help if you have the knowledge with this settings and xim firmware."

Edit: Just talked with DrLupo and he said, he switch to the latest firmware and used a modified rml´s build with a mouse dpi set at 3500. Have to see if I can get my hands on it tho.. :)

Since the update I feel that aim isn't what it was before. Today Im at rml´s profile. But I guess its time to look for a new one with some active player behind it.
« Last Edit: 09:19 AM - 05/13/16 by Bonjah »
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
Re: Destiny, lets make the profiles alive again!
« Reply #1 on: 06:09 AM - 05/13/16 »
Good idea, and thanks for posting this.  I'll post my set-up this weekend.  I think I used RML's curves and just set my own sensitivities and button layout.  It looks like Lupo did that as well, using a much lower DPI.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:18 AM - 05/13/16 »
Ok, so the mighty RML just went out and said he was surprised that his destiny settings still was used. And that sure would be better ones now. So ppl, its time to share your settings.

I watch DrLupo a lot, and he still use a old firmware 4.00.20141114. I want a solid profile like his one. But should I really downgrade xim? Normally firmware should be better not the other way right? If I can believe ppl on this forum he also use a dpi at 3600. And the ppl behind xim always say you should aim for hight possible dpi on your mouse. (here is his settings, http://imgur.com/a/90cnX that he shared.) Pls help if you have the knowledge with this settings and xim firmware. Thx

Since the update I feel that aim isn't what it was before. Today Im at rml´s profile. But I guess its time to look for a new one with some active player behind it.

The mouse he uses has a max DPI of 3600.

My experience is that the older  Stv1 is far superiod to Stv2 with Destiny. It's very frustrating as the old firmware does not have the features the new ones do and doesn't support iOS, but I can't use the Destiny StV2.

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:21 AM - 05/13/16 »
The mouse he uses has a max DPI of 3600.

My experience is that the older  Stv1 is far superiod to Stv2 with Destiny. It's very frustrating as the old firmware does not have the features the new ones do and doesn't support iOS, but I can't use the Destiny StV2.
Just updated my post after I was just talking with him. I will try to see if I can get the modified curves he use.
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:15 AM - 05/13/16 »
All in all - I never really noticed an aiming issue when I updated everything from old firmware to the latest.
The only issues I have, have been with the scope changes with short-range scopes - which definitely makes it harder to track people when they get closer in, but that will affect everyone (controller users and ximmers).

I'm curious to see what else people have been using though, because I'm always willing to try something new.

I've been tempted to work with the ADS curve slightly to give it a little tail at the end.  I've started to do more swipe sniping and having an extra push when I swipe to catch people further from my scope in point might be nice.

All the realkraftyy style snipers can out-snipe the precision aiming method sometimes...so I've been trying to adapt.

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:57 PM - 05/13/16 »
I agree, stv1 felt easier to get hits, but I think that has to do with destiny's wacky aim assist half the time working better with a smoother input and the other half working worse. Which is why I set up 2 profiles on my g502. Both are the same configs but one is 1000 polling and the other is 500, and I used the shift->profile change in the logitech software so I can change back and forth at will, depending on which weapon I'm using. Also, drop your dpi for stv2. I was using 8200 on stv1, but switched to 6400 on stv2 and did better, then tried 5600 with more success. Tried 3600 for a full week and thought it was fine, until I went back to 5600 dpi and improved immediately. Currently use 5600 dpi and 1k polling most often. For curves, I've made my own and constantly tweak them, I'll post some later when I can. I generally stay really close to linear until the end, as tes just said, having a tail going up is great for swipe sniping.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:56 AM - 05/14/16 »
The settings I currently use for Stv2 are:

Hip:
20 sensitivity
No curve
1.25 XY Ratio
No boost

ADS:
12 Sensitivty
No curve
1.25 XY Ratio
No Boost

Sprint:
45 Sensitivty
Curve same as sprint curve in RML thread
0.85 XY Ratio
500 Boost

This is fo 8200 DPI on a Logitech 502 Mouse. I use a Sony Nav use pressing in the thumbstick as sprint.

I've experimented with curves before including the RML curves but never found any noticeable benefit (I main PDX style pulse but occasionally use MIDA, Esyluna and never have any problems). Sprinting and turning is acceptable for most situations - though not suitable for using a shotgun.

When it comes to special weapon I think there is only one viable choice for a XIM user - a sniper (with the other option being a SG  - Fusions an sidearms are't competitive enough) due to the turning difficulty. I used to use a sniper fine in STv1 but with STv2 I'm struggling to have the same control and precision I would with a controller.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:44 AM - 05/14/16 »
Hey Guys,

I copied all my setup information and put it into google docs.  I'll work on uploading the images and re-posting here, but this was easiest for me right now.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Y78F_4QFyNiudmcip3eG2C0gQMWPf2F8WqZgTWdWMjU/edit#slide=id.p3

Sorry if some of the images blurred a bit, google docs didn't quite hold the same quality of the original doc.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/lSeA_6g1Y4o
A video I made ~6 months ago.  I used the same exact setup then.  You can see the sensitivity I get out of it.  Makes for a bit jerky looking screen though - some of that is from the video being "skippy" and my poor transcoding settings (newb editor here).  Also makes me long for the good ole days of the Hawkmoon.
« Last Edit: 09:05 AM - 05/14/16 by TeslaDev »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #8 on: 02:22 PM - 05/14/16 »
Here I am thinking I started to suck with a sniper. STv1 just felt so better for me compared to STv2.

Can someone please link me to the last STv1 before V2 was released. I think it was 2015xx11. I really wanna do a comparison.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

XiM3R since ever since.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #9 on: 04:57 PM - 05/14/16 »
if any of you guys are interested i always run trials on weekends mostly saturdays

my psn is : jerzzthepr0

im a year 2 player that switched over from cod but you can see my stats

https://destinytrialsreport.com/ps/jerzzthepr0

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:42 AM - 05/15/16 »
Ppl, dont forget to visit RML's thread every time u are in here. When he hits 100k views, he will start to look into his old settings and update them.[emoji106] But that will rake weeks tho.. So some pls share more. Btw there can I learn about curves? I need to understand that better. And maybe how to make my own ones.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:24 AM - 05/15/16 »
Ppl, dont forget to visit RML's thread every time u are in here. When he hits 100k views, he will start to look into his old settings and update them.[emoji106] But that will rake weeks tho.. So some pls share more. Btw there can I learn about curves? I need to understand that better. And maybe how to make my own ones.

Check out this post from RML:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=21648.0

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:59 AM - 05/16/16 »
Hey Guys,

I copied all my setup information and put it into google docs.  I'll work on uploading the images and re-posting here, but this was easiest for me right now.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Y78F_4QFyNiudmcip3eG2C0gQMWPf2F8WqZgTWdWMjU/edit#slide=id.p3

Sorry if some of the images blurred a bit, google docs didn't quite hold the same quality of the original doc.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/lSeA_6g1Y4o
A video I made ~6 months ago.  I used the same exact setup then.  You can see the sensitivity I get out of it.  Makes for a bit jerky looking screen though - some of that is from the video being "skippy" and my poor transcoding settings (newb editor here).  Also makes me long for the good ole days of the Hawkmoon.

What in game sensitivity do you use because those figures are very high sensitivity IMO

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:00 AM - 05/16/16 »
Yes, if we could have access to his STv2 settings we can build a better base to then incorporate further tweeks.

Or maybe request Mist to try another train on the game!

Win
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 04:20 AM - 05/16/16 »
Also makes me long for the good ole days of the Hawkmoon.

I got the Hawkmoon two weeks before Year 2 when Exotics were raining like candy. That thing was a beast.

Just when the game finally got interesting, Year 1 gear was nerfed into the ground and Bungie returned Destiny to a tiresome grindathon in TTK. I've barely touched it since :sniff:

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts