XIM Community

Dual Boot Windows for trouble free XIM2  (Read 661 times)

Offline due

• View Profile
Dual Boot Windows for trouble free XIM2
« on: 07:51 PM - 02/28/10 »
After moving to Windows 7 I had issues, not that there weren't any with Windows XP. Any problem with XIM2 is with the PC. It's not for the faint of heart, because setting up dual boot can be disastrous for many. Being able to have this option is sweet. I boot to XP for XBOX and have no other applications other then XIM. Even the NIC card is disabled to eliminate any possiblity of interference from the Internet. For three months not once has there been a burp with XIM2. I guess this would be a good plug for the XIM3, (no PC). If you like your present setup, sharing monitor, keyboard and mouse with the XBOX like I do, I can't say enough about dual boot!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Boot Windows for trouble free XIM2
« Reply #1 on: 07:58 PM - 02/28/10 »
It looks like you had issues with ximdeadzoner and xim running at the same time. They aren't supposed to. Ximdeadzoner runs by itself, but you've probably figured that out by now. What other issues were you having besides alt tabbing? You disappeared after you got your RROD.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline due

• View Profile
Re: Dual Boot Windows for trouble free XIM2
« Reply #2 on: 10:36 PM - 02/28/10 »
It looks like you had issues with ximdeadzoner and xim running at the same time. They aren't supposed to. Ximdeadzoner runs by itself, but you've probably figured that out by now. What other issues were you having besides alt tabbing? You disappeared after you got your RROD.

I've been playing on a replacement box since Thanksgiving. Thank God for the Extended warranty on RROD. I'm very pleased with every thing now, no freezing up, no any thing anymore. It just took a new XBOX and dual boot PC configuration and I'm sweet. Couldn't be happier with my XIM2. It may seem a little extreme setting up dual boot for your PC, just for XIM, but getting away from all that other crap running on the PC works for me. Just wanted to share this, should it helpful to someone else.