XIM Community

Battlefield...1  (Read 26073 times)

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
Battlefield...1
« on: 10:20 AM - 05/06/16 »
Leaked promo photos

Rumors = WW1 game, possibly via time-travel.

We'll know officially later today

UPDATE: WW1 confirmed. Time travel likely false rumor. Here's the official trailer
« Last Edit: 02:31 PM - 05/06/16 by GreyMouser »
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield...1
« Reply #1 on: 10:29 AM - 05/06/16 »
Cool. It would be a nice change of pace. Air combat going back to propeller planes would be great too.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:47 AM - 05/06/16 »
Cool. It would be a nice change of pace. Air combat going back to propeller planes would be great too.

Yeah, def. gambling on trying something different. THIS reddit post by a guy with 'an inside source', turned out to be right about the WW1 setting. There's a yt link within his reddit post with a LOT of details. Includes an Air Superiority game mode with prop planes.

But, we'll know if that guy's source is totally correct after the official reveal at https://www.twitch.tv/battlefield in a few hours.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:06 AM - 05/06/16 »
I was hoping it would have been 2143. While I would like for COD to go back to any era from WW1 to Cold War I don't think I could handle it in BF anymore. On the plus side it could mean a less bloated game with less gadgets that throw the balance off. On the other hand they would have to be pretty small maps to make the slow vehicle gameplay not boring.

BF would benefit a lot from faster transportation and means of getting back into battle which a 2143 setting would provide. Pod dropping from titans to fight over silos and then raiding the enemy titan is still one of the most fun things I've done in gaming.

I'm still hoping that there's more to be revealed. Something like BF1 is a smaller digital one off like 1943 was and there's another game coming.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:25 AM - 05/06/16 »
Thanks GreyMouser, I'll watch twitter for it.

I missed 2142 but from what I hear people either loved it or hated it. Did you play the Nam expansion pack for BC2? It was as good if not better than BC2, I had a blast with it. Current warfare doesn't interest me anymore and future warfare never did. If done right this could bring me back to BF.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #5 on: 11:52 AM - 05/06/16 »
This can't be real... I might have to actually skip a Battlefield (Hardline doesn't count)...

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:14 PM - 05/06/16 »
WW1 confirmed!

EDIT: trailer has end-tag "play 1st on xbox one w/ EA access"

Also, as the reddit-leaker said, it does appear to be DICE-Sweden.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #7 on: 02:17 PM - 05/06/16 »
RIP Battlefield

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:18 PM - 05/06/16 »
Looks pretty awesome

Offline Cybie

• Expert Cutter
    • View Profile
    • Cybie's Youtube Page
  • Gamertag: cybie1111
  • PSN ID: cybie1111
« Reply #9 on: 02:19 PM - 05/06/16 »
A WW1 setting is either going to make or break this franchise.

For me, I would love to play in this era. Expect a lot of streams.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:21 PM - 05/06/16 »
good change as it was more than necessary, modern setting slowly feels overused
the trailer looks interesting, though actual gameplay would be needed to better judge on it

another 2142 and i wouldve skipped, but this really is refreshing
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:26 PM - 05/06/16 »
looks awesome, can't wait to use old weapons in a new game.

ww1 weapons - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_infantry_weapons_of_World_War_I

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:30 PM - 05/06/16 »
Updated OP with official trailer

MrSir

« Reply #13 on: 02:49 PM - 05/06/16 »
dumb name but it looks sick. way better than infinite warfare

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:51 PM - 05/06/16 »
Thanks GreyMouser, I'll watch twitter for it.

I missed 2142 but from what I hear people either loved it or hated it. Did you play the Nam expansion pack for BC2? It was as good if not better than BC2, I had a blast with it. Current warfare doesn't interest me anymore and future warfare never did. If done right this could bring me back to BF.

It's understandable that not everybody warmed up to it. 2142 had some of the worst technical issues outside of BF4. Shooting at titan windshield made the game unplayably laggy and I don't remember that ever getting fixed. Helicopters were noobified to the point of not being fun and mostly useless. Some of the physics felt a bit off. The tech wasn't there to handle the art direction so it actually looked worse than BF2. There was more of a focus on infantry and bottlenecks but there was too many ways to get cheap kills like turrets, claymores, and frag spam. However, all of that stuff could have been fixed up and Frostbyte 3 would have made the game amazing. Unfortunately, Dice missed the boat thanks to COD and Titanfall doing future warfare and not doing it particularly well.

I'll give BF1 a chance if there's a beta. If it turns out well I'll probably get it. My initial reaction to the WW1 setting is disappointment. Especially with all the teasing of 2143 they ended up doing WW1. I liked their futuristic vision and art design. And the titan gameplay was something different. Right now, though, I'm not excited for either COD or BF.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Admin