XIM Community

Be careful  (Read 800 times)

Offline secretsaint

• View Profile
Be careful
« on: 03:08 AM - 04/29/16 »
So it happened, i broke my xim4 and had to order a new one today from the British shop to avoid customs garbage.

What happened was that i tripped on the micro-usb cable going from ps4 to xim. Yep, the port on xim was partially torn off. For months i was able to still get it to work by opening it and adding weight to the port so that it attached enough to the board. Today it finally came off entirely and while i was trying various gluing methods i just managed to destroy one of the pins off the port. I could buy a new port and microsolder it back in, but it's too much trouble so i ordered a new one.

Hopefully the new one arrives fast (chose express).

http://i.imgur.com/Nui10VC.jpg
:(

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Be careful
« Reply #1 on: 08:03 AM - 04/29/16 »
awww that sucks, i assume your warranty ran out? (EU usually 2 years warranty if bought in an EU shop)
dont know about customs for repair services, but maybe obsiv can say more about it since having your xim being repaired by the xim4 shop is always an option (although not cheap because of shipping)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline secretsaint

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:41 AM - 04/29/16 »
Bought originally from USA about an year ago. Anyway the good news is that even though i ordered a new one today, it is already in the hands of Fedex and is estimated to be here on Monday! Thanks ADZ Distribution!

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:40 AM - 05/01/16 »
My first one died last September/October (Bluetooth no longer initializes);  already over warranty so I bought another one. 

Offline trashcanman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SeriousKeith
« Reply #4 on: 03:56 AM - 05/01/16 »
I'm not hijacking but are there any UK shops that sell the xim4? I think I'd be suicidal if I broke mine!

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:56 AM - 05/01/16 »
Yeah, there's a distributor in UK,  but it's 118, might as well buy direct from here.
http://xim4.com/shop/

Offline secretsaint

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:43 AM - 05/02/16 »
I bought from the UK shop because it's faster plus the price is pretty much the same because there it includes customs and tax already. Fedex delivered just about 20 mins ago.

Admin