XIM Community

Firmware 20160121 Android feedback  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Dojomaster

• View Profile
Firmware 20160121 Android feedback
« on: 02:42 AM - 01/28/16 »
Hi
Just a heads up, that my phone using Firmware 20160121 crashes on bluetooth pairing with Xim 4.
Firmware 20141114 works perfectly.
Using Samsung Note 3 on Android Version 5.0, so no Xim 4 Error codes just a crash out to the home screen.

Even tried a bluetooth cache clear out too.

Cheers 

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware 20160121 Android feedback
« Reply #1 on: 09:13 AM - 01/28/16 »
Works without issue for me.  Note 4 Lollipop (5.1.1).
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:17 AM - 01/28/16 »
Welcome to the community. Did you uninstall the Manager from the play store and then install the 0121 Manager from the apk file? Here are links to 0121 and instructions are in each thread on how to install.

Please read the installation and re-pairing instructions in each thread below.

20160121 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=44793.0
20160121 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=44794.0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Dojomaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:51 AM - 01/28/16 »
Yep i  read the thread throughly and uninstalled the version from Play Store to try the Beta from the thread.

I have now gone back to the standard 20141114 version for now and using the old Xbox controller.

Maybe its an issue surrounding Note 3. I checked to see if i could upgrade the phone to 5.1.1
But the settings option says that i have the latest update available

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 11:52 AM - 01/28/16 »
You'll get a crash on startup if you have mismatched Manager and firmware. Are you certain both were updated?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Dojomaster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:35 AM - 01/29/16 »
Sorry i did not get home till 22:00.
Ill give it another go tonight and ill check back in either way.
Cheers

Offline Dojomaster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:32 PM - 01/29/16 »
Fresh download of the files and everything is now GREAT.

Thanks for the advice AND me gaming till 03:35 HAVING TOO MUCH FUN

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 09:52 PM - 01/29/16 »
me gaming till 03:35 HAVING TOO MUCH FUN

That's what it's all about!
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #8 on: 02:58 PM - 02/02/16 »
I'm Having the same issue, My Xim 4 worked perfect out of the box, with the Xim 4 App (From Google Play Store)

Then I flashed my Xim 4 to 20160121, after that I went into my bluetooth settings on my phone, and unpaired XIM 4, and turned off my bluetooth. Then I uninstalled my Xim 4 Manager on my phone, and then I restarted my phone.

Then I downloaded the required XIM 4 Manager for the Firmware of my newly flashed XIM 4.
The APK I installed was downloaded from here http://cloud.xim4.com/Release/XIM4Manager-20160121-Android.apk

The installation went smooth, and had no issue re-pairing the Xim 4. However when I run the Xim 4 Manager, it loads up briefly, with the connecting screen, and crashes shortly after. Error message is the generic (Unfortunately, XIM4 Manager has stopped.).

I am running the correct firmware, I know this because my PC running the 20160121 XIM4Manager is able to connect to my XIM4 and control it.

My phone is a Nexus 5 running the latest Android OS, Marshmallow (6.0).

If I try to use the Xim 4 Manager from the Google Play Store I get a Communication Size Mismatch error upon connecting.... so this should also confirm that my Xim 4 is running a different firmware.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:06 PM - 02/02/16 »
Thanks for all of that information. Don't try to run the Manager from the play store, even as a troubleshooting step, they aren't compatible. Use the 0121 Manager. Did you follow the repairing steps? Android can sometimes be picky about this.

Bluetooth Re-Pairing: If you need to re-pair after a Restore Factory Defaults of your XIM4, then please follow these steps to ensure your XIM4 is completely unpaired from your Manager device before attempting to re-pair:

• Windows: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list and reboot.
  • Android: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then All-Running apps list and select "Bluetooth Service". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • Android Marshmallow: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then click the menu button in the top right corner and select "Show System". Find and select "Bluetooth Share" from the list. Select "Storage". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • iOS: No extra steps need to be taken.

Offline wanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:23 PM - 02/02/16 »
Works without any problems for me on Android and PS4.

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #11 on: 03:45 PM - 02/02/16 »
Thanks for all of that information. Don't try to run the Manager from the play store, even as a troubleshooting step, they aren't compatible. Use the 0121 Manager. Did you follow the repairing steps? Android can sometimes be picky about this.

Bluetooth Re-Pairing: If you need to re-pair after a Restore Factory Defaults of your XIM4, then please follow these steps to ensure your XIM4 is completely unpaired from your Manager device before attempting to re-pair:

• Windows: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list and reboot.
  • Android: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then All-Running apps list and select "Bluetooth Service". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • Android Marshmallow: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then click the menu button in the top right corner and select "Show System". Find and select "Bluetooth Share" from the list. Select "Storage". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • iOS: No extra steps need to be taken.

Thanks, I got it to work, force stopping the Bluetooth share, and clearing the data & cache fixed my issue. The manager starts no problem now.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:17 PM - 02/02/16 »
Great, I'm glad that helped.

Offline VITODATHO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:35 AM - 05/05/16 »
Hi
I have almost year 2015 firmware and everything is connected and adjusted editten perfect is there a big plus point to upgrade to latest firmware or not because I have 5 different game settings and I am afraid that I will have to start over again AL the setting adjustmants. Only one game Rainbow six siege is jaggery with mouse but bf 4,hl,Destiny, bo3,works perfect.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk