XIM Community

So you support Dark Soul III  (Read 714 times)

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
So you support Dark Soul III
« on: 12:50 AM - 04/24/16 »
but not Rachet & Clank?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: So you support Dark Soul III
« Reply #1 on: 09:56 AM - 04/24/16 »
I hadn't considered it. I thought this was more of a platformer. I'll take a look.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:04 PM - 04/24/16 »
I've played all of the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games. Unless you have a disability that impairs the use of the DualShock controller, there's no real reason for a ST.

There's loads of auto-aim in the R&C franchise - while it can be turned off, the turn-speed is really slow and using m/kb in a platformer makes things more difficult than need be.

I'm terrible at console shooters using a controller, but I've got the Platinum trophy for all R&C games. That speaks volumes for the game's DualShock controls, which are more than adequate to make up for my clumsy thumbs.
« Last Edit: 04:08 PM - 04/24/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:19 PM - 04/24/16 »
While all of that is true this is one of those games that I'd want an ST so I could hook up a controller through Xim instead of mouse and play with a thumbstick and smoothed out aim mechanic. Besides slow turn speed and time based acceleration the game has the problem of the deadzone taking up half of the stick area and then you have a steep acceleration curve. Any aim correction and precision aiming has to entirely be done with strafing.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:58 PM - 04/24/16 »
Yeah, the dead zone t is the reason I want an ST.  I can deal with the slow turn speed with a curve but the dead zone is just terrible.