XIM Community

Gayest @#$% ever  (Read 919 times)

Offline Phatballz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ajdogg95
Gayest @#$% ever
« on: 04:42 PM - 04/20/16 »
I just got your happy @#$% @#$% product today just to find out you can't use a @#$% iPhone , the worlds most @#$% popular selling phone  with it. Give me my @#$% money back I am completely pissed off. You need a @#$% video showing how to hook it up with Bluetooth if you think it's so easy to read your happy @#$% posts. Give me my money back.

Offline Phatballz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ajdogg95
Re: Gayest @#$% ever
« Reply #1 on: 04:46 PM - 04/20/16 »
Oh yeah and don't @#$% send me a letter in the mail with the piece of @#$% saying "oh if you have iPhone or any Apple devices you're @#$%, but thank you for your money "

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:13 PM - 04/20/16 »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:16 PM - 04/20/16 »
Welcome to the community. I'm sorry that your experience has been frustraiting so far. iOS support is still very new, it's actually still in beta, so we aren't able to have this pre flashed on XIM4s being sent out today. We do try to make this clear on the product page in the store. It mentions that iOS support requires a firmware update and that the firmware tool requires a Windows PC to use. If you would still like to use your XIM4 you can restore to factory defaults using the 20160121 build. Once you have the beta firmware on your XIM4 you can then pair and connect with the iOS Manager. Here are the necessary links along with specific iOS instructions.

Please read the installation and re-pairing instructions in each thread below.

20160121 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=44793.0
20160121 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=44794.0

http://xim4.com/ios
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #4 on: 10:27 AM - 04/21/16 »
Chill man. Just a little bit of research and your problems can be fixed. Obviously you found the forum so use it to its fullest. There are many people here who are willing and able to help. Mist has already given you the links to get ios working do with it what you will.
A piece of advice, if you continue to come off this obnoxiously you'll never get the help you desire and I'm not taking just about Xim, everything in general.  I understand being frustrated I really do. You'll get further with things if you approach them in a different manner.

Trust me if you follow Mists directions you'll have your Xim up and running in no time. It'll take a bit more time to get your settings dialed in as well. I assure you will not find a better console adapter out there. Other products are truly inferior and usually you can't get the support when trying to correct problems. I think if you give Xim a shot you won't be sorry. Do some research on the forums and ask questions to any other probs that may arise.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #5 on: 07:12 AM - 04/24/16 »
I just got your happy @#$% @#$% product today just to find out you can't use a @#$% iPhone , the worlds most @#$% popular selling phone  with it. Give me my @#$% money back I am completely pissed off. You need a @#$% video showing how to hook it up with Bluetooth if you think it's so easy to read your happy @#$% posts. Give me my money back.

Shouldn't there be some sort of screening / pre-purchase protocol that requires one to be able to read and count to twenty with their shoes on prior to putting money down? 

Curious....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline mikewj50

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mikewj50
« Reply #6 on: 10:32 PM - 04/24/16 »
I've messed around with my xim4 for almost a week and still nothing, basically i now have a $140 usb cable. NO customer should have to spend countless hours on something out of the box.

Offline Sybotv2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:35 PM - 04/24/16 »
I agree. This thing is not the easiest to navigate thru. I've had to jump thru wormholes just to get put back to square one.

If this thing was more cut and dry I'm sure everyone would have it. However being a basic programmer I can barely figure this junk out. And I've tried multiple different devices to try and manage it. Still trying to get it to work properly.

It could be that every device that gets made is not made to "proper standards". But I would not give up all hope just because you cannot figure out a simple task in terms of scripting. Which is basically what this device is.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 01:22 AM - 04/25/16 »
I think a key objective for the Xim crew is to get out of beta and start shipping with a 2016 firmware. It'll make it significantly easier for new users to get up to speed if their Xim is ready to go out of the box. In the interim, the mods, admins and members around here are a helpful bunch and almost all issues are easily resolved with a little troubleshooting.

This isn't PC gaming, there are no device drivers we can install and m/kb support isn't native on consoles. The Xim does the best job of any device to translate gamepad movement to mouse and work around console limitations of turn-speed, acceleration, dead zones etc while allowing us to use our preferred mouse and keyboard. That's a seriously kick-arse bit of tech and all it takes is a little patience and a short learning curve to get m/kb up and running.

If you're up for the challenge of using m/kb on console, where strictly speaking it doesn't belong, there is nothing better than a Xim. If all you want is plug-and-play simplicity, use the controller or stick to PC gaming.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 09:10 AM - 04/25/16 »
I agree. Most issues I'm seeing are resolved by upgrading. I'm waiting for just a little more feedback/coverage of the latest build before having it flashed on new XIM4s. We are definitely motivated to make that happen as soon as possibe.

For those that are having issues with their new XIM4s, we will help you get it running. Normally it's a straightforward solution.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin