XIM Community

2 players, 2 recordings, same match  (Read 1299 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
2 players, 2 recordings, same match
« on: 05:03 AM - 02/25/10 »
made my side PiP because frankly. Read the comments & youll see my uber settings fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA0DEt7YiiY

would like to get a game together soon where the majority of the team can record their output & i could combine them.
since youtube supports 1080p now. i think 4 players capturing 480i/480p combined together might be cool. it would be stretched out of format, but no big deal.

also, anyone know of any easy way to combine multiple streams? i hate picture in picture. not many piece of video software out there can do it aside from adobe. and i really, really, SUPER really loath using adobe.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 2 players, 2 recordings, same match
« Reply #1 on: 09:51 AM - 02/25/10 »
dude u totaly asked for that coming into that room like that u were on a kill streak too
but why you got uav as a killstreak reward? if your a low kill streaker you still be better off with care package surely . we filmed on rust the other day was funny will do some better stuff soon
good luck with the vids
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:33 PM - 02/25/10 »
I typically run uav+jammer + something. P-Airstrike in dom, or something.

The reason is because I often play with people who are not my skill level that greatly benefit from having at least a UAV.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:48 PM - 02/25/10 »
I do the same, except I use harrier instead.  People need that extra direction.  Otherwise the game is to messy to get in a groove.  Plus, having 4 uavs going on at once gives you pinpoint accuracy of where the enemies are located. I went 58 and 6 doing this method earlier today.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:55 PM - 02/25/10 »
ya. i been playing with a group of girls for about two months now. some of them are pretty good & some of them need some help so. its a big help when several people have UAVs and jammers. gives them a realistic chance at killstreaking.

agreed bdm. @ this point any air support short of a cg/130u is instantly shot down by any half way useful player. UAV will easily net yourself more kills & avoid a death. Not including how many friendly kills / deaths you're helping your team as a whole avoid.
probably the most powerful killstreak reward.
jammer is great too. enemies cant tell where team mates are. makes them run amuck.
[/size]

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:10 PM - 02/25/10 »
Ill definately add the jammer next time around then.  Never thought the jammer was actually worth it until you said it like that.  and boy do people just shoot down air support lately.  i had 3 harriers, one after another, and all were demolished within 10-15s.  

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:53 PM - 02/25/10 »
ya. harrier is a mixed bag. it's only worth a @#$% vs total noobs who wont shoot it down. then it rapes b/c it's got a 25 damage cannon on it (attack heli is only 20).
but against regular or better players... harrier sucks.
in DOM where it's common for players to stack up i swear to god youll get more kills from PA than you will harrier. outside of dom probably not. But those 3 offset strikes are nice. they stream quite a good radious.

i use to have fun running pred+PA+ha+bomber (which ever way u wanna do). one man army to danger close when you're ready to start. its not godly or imba, but it IS
[/size]

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:10 PM - 02/26/10 »
What capture card do you use toysrme?

I'm thinking about getting one, just want to be able to play in hd with no lag.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:15 AM - 03/02/10 »
to be honest dude even if you use a old tv dvd recorder with sd 3 pin pluged in an then use something like nero to upscale the vid to hd it still looks very cool if you have a rgb scart or component cable
an your recorder or input device supports this ,then this will be much better vids to upscale
,we did some messing with an old crt an standard 3 pin cable an the footage still looked amazing
so anything higher will be cool id say it goes in order hdmi/dvi, rgb component hd , rgb scart ,
svideo , an then standard def 3 pin input but youle still do good with the others an a older tv even a crt if its all you got :D
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:47 PM - 03/02/10 »
a hava titanium, it runs full d1 recording onboard. 480i @ 8mb/s mpeg-2.
my part of the video (the pip) looks @#$% because i accidentally did a network recording instead of an on-board recording.
the problem with ANY of the recorders out there that are not true HD recordings is the interlacing. VS a real progressive video, you can instantly throw 3/4 of the possible final detail right out the window in via whatever deinterlacing, denoising, smoothing & motion estimation you run on it to "fix" it.
you should never upscale your videos. the detail hit is absolutely horrendous. the problem with youtube is that sub 720p videos get pathetic maximum / average bitrates in their encoders. not nearly enough for good video game footage which has a large amount of sharp details & wild movement. so now you have to upscale sub 720p videos to a "large bitrate enabled " 16:9 or 4:3 video format to have access to 1/2 way good video bitrates.

its much easier to simply record in HD right off the bat.
[/size]

Admin