XIM Community

Titanfall 2 Teaser  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Re: Titanfall 2 Teaser
« Reply #15 on: 08:56 AM - 04/12/16 »
Haha sum of these post gotta make u chuckle.

Never pld the 1st one but didnt like the idea of mixed AI/PvP but il try most things once ;)

The bots were a terrible idea, so you made the right call lol.  The most annoying part of the game was running around the fairly large maps looking for someone to kill, then getting excited to see someone finally, only to be disappointed that it was an AI and not a Pilot.  Rinse and repeat...

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:54 AM - 04/12/16 »
Why not just beef up the bots? I thought the problem was that they were brain dead? At this point I'd rather play against veteran quality bots with a full progression system than crappy players with a connection advantage.

Also, is this published by EA? Why couldn't they let Respawn use the Frosbite engine? Will be interesting to see how long from BF5 this will be released.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:42 AM - 04/12/16 »
Why not just beef up the bots? I thought the problem was that they were brain dead? At this point I'd rather play against veteran quality bots with a full progression system than crappy players with a connection advantage.

Also, is this published by EA? Why couldn't they let Respawn use the Frosbite engine? Will be interesting to see how long from BF5 this will be released.

I think that bots of any sort mixed with human opponents just doesn't work all that well.  Maybe as a one off mode, but definitely not as the basis for the whole game.  It just makes for a weird dynamic in terms of competing.  Titanfall had like separate stats for vs bots and vs Pilots IIRC, so they obviously see that there is a difference and they don't really go together or shouldn't be taken at the same face value, so why even integrate them?

And I know that they introduced Pilot only modes after it was already too late, but I digress, but even then it was the same low player count which just made it feel even more empty, although more satisfying when you did get to engaging.

I don't know.  They want to do a Zombie type horde mode or something, then bots are fine, even though I never play those modes, but mixing them as the foundation of the game I felt was a huge misstep.

As for them using Frostbite, I can only surmise that since this is the CoD team, and they are intimately familiar with the mod Quake engine that they have been cutting their teeth with all this time, and that Titanfall was a pseudo launch title for X1, that there wasn't a lot of time for them to get up to speed enough to not only design a new IP from the ground up, but also use wholly unfamiliar tools to do it.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:07 AM - 04/12/16 »
Why not make the cod killer? And Source engine again? Every source game released on console has had a @#$% aim mechanic.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #19 on: 02:47 PM - 04/12/16 »
Im looking forward to it though the look mech on console sucked, on pc it was pretty fun. Did lack content though. It can only get better from tf 1 i think which almost felt like a proof of concept instead of a fully fleshed out game. And it wasnt the quake engine, it was source brand new from the ground up.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:59 PM - 04/12/16 »
That was a textbook teaser.  Showed nothing lol.  Looking forward to the reveal though.

Hopefully they learned from  and will do away with bots, up the human player counts, have a MUCH bigger gun selection, add music, and throw in campaign and coop to boot, just to tick all boxes.

The mechs have melee weapons.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:37 PM - 04/12/16 »
That was a textbook teaser.  Showed nothing lol.  Looking forward to the reveal though.

Hopefully they learned from  and will do away with bots, up the human player counts, have a MUCH bigger gun selection, add music, and throw in campaign and coop to boot, just to tick all boxes.

The mechs have melee weapons.

GOTY...

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:22 AM - 04/13/16 »
Just pointing out that it did in fact show "something" :D

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:04 PM - 04/13/16 »
💩
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #24 on: 12:45 PM - 04/13/16 »
Yeah, I don't get the bot complaint.

https://youtu.be/AyUsxB_xnTM

Not a problem for anyone that plays the game for more than a few hours and gets their boots off the ground. Oh well. Your loss. Game is fun as hell once you really know what you're doing.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:33 PM - 04/13/16 »

Not a problem for anyone that plays the game for more than a few hours

Which isn't a large number of people... because of the bots...

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:47 PM - 04/13/16 »
I'd rather pay them 60$ if they promised to never make another game. I think they would like this angle, less work, same outcome.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #27 on: 06:09 PM - 04/13/16 »

Not a problem for anyone that plays the game for more than a few hours

Which isn't a large number of people... because of the bots...
Good. Filters out the idiots and kids with ADD.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:07 PM - 04/13/16 »
Such a salty thread for a computer game that isn't even released. I would put this down to the fact that so many people were let down by the first one when there was so many hopes coming out of the beta.

We should just wait and see some game play before we judge.

I think the team will, at the very least learn from some of its mistakes. Many people complained / were vocal about the BOTs so they will have more than likely addressed that issue in some capacity.

I have hopes, since the way Titanfall felt to play in terms of the jet packs and wall running was perfect for this kind of game imho!

COD has tried to emulate it but failed twice...

The whole mechanics of the pilots could have carried the game to be a COD killer if they left out completely the BOTs AND mechs imho, it would have basically been BOPS3 but actually decent.

But whatever, i'm waiting for Twitch streams before i buy, and I'm certainly not going to get salty in a thread about the game before its even released, you should all do the same.

And save that talk for COD: SPACEWARFARE because that's going to be funny as hell when that trailer lands and you all try to defend the BS you just witnessed in a 2min trailer. I'm already buying up all the popcorn available locally.

Salted OFC.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #29 on: 12:38 PM - 04/18/16 »
Doesn't matter what they do with the game.

If the look mechanic still sucks (and it almost certainly will - because nobody complained about it except Ximmers) then it will be completely unplayable.