XIM Community

Titanfall 2 Teaser  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Titanfall 2 Teaser
« Reply #30 on: 12:48 PM - 04/18/16 »
It was fun for a time on PC, looking at AW and BOPs3 (Bops3 being very good imho in terms of movement) it's uncanny how TF just had he perfect movement down pat, for this kind of game on its first attempt. I never tried to play it with XIM. It got boring fast for me, because apart from how fun it was to get from A to B around the maps, there was nothing holding me there. I didn't care about the game modes, they never made me want to win. I said it at the time, and i'm still adamant that if the had a CODesq S&D in there pilots only as a separate game mode, I would of played the hell out of it.

In a nutshell, I loved the way it felt to play as a pilot, I didn't care for the Titans, and hated the game modes.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:11 AM - 04/19/16 »
if you didnt get to 10th prestige or shot 50 pilots while they were ejecting from their mechs then your hate opinions are not needed here, i played that game solo on a controller for 8 prestiges. game was fun but it did get old with the lack of guns, never cared for campaign, bots were weird at first but you they play little to no part in the game

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:07 AM - 04/19/16 »
Say the game sucked = hate

Play the game a lot and say you found it rather boring in retrospect given the 10k problems = constructive criticism

My honest opinion, I hate bots, the game lagged and stuttered on PC, launched like a pos and played like a pos. I guess I missed any enjoyment from the game because it was all 💩 on the surface, all floaters, no sinkers. I assume it did have some playability because some of you say it was a masterpiece, then in the same paragraph (almost always) - got boring fast...

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12:38 PM - 04/19/16 »
if you didnt get to 10th prestige or shot 50 pilots while they were ejecting from their mechs then your hate opinions are not needed here, i played that game solo on a controller for 8 prestiges. game was fun but it did get old with the lack of guns, never cared for campaign, bots were weird at first but you they play little to no part in the game

I get my opinion, because I played it for exactly as long as I could suffer it. That's exactly the reason why I get my opinion. Just because your threshold for a boring game was a little more, doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count.

Anyway, can we just stop acting as if this was some massively popular game the first time around. Many people had many sound grievances with they game. Just because a few really liked it doesn't mean that they're right when they say it was awesome.

It's just means you're biased.
« Last Edit: 01:53 PM - 04/19/16 by YEESH_DALE »

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #34 on: 01:13 PM - 04/19/16 »

I get my opinion, because I played it for exactly as long as I could suffer it. That's exactly the reason why I get my opinion. Just because your threshold for a boring game was a little more, doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count.

And mean, can we just stop acting as if this was some massively popular game the first time around. Many people had many sound grievances with they game. Just because a few really liked it doesn't mean that they're right when they say it was awesome.

It's just means your biased.

Say the game sucked = hate

Play the game a lot and say you found it rather boring in retrospect given the 10k problems = constructive criticism

My honest opinion, I hate bots, the game lagged and stuttered on PC, launched like a pos and played like a pos. I guess I missed any enjoyment from the game because it was all 💩 on the surface, all floaters, no sinkers. I assume it did have some playability because some of you say it was a masterpiece, then in the same paragraph (almost always) - got boring fast...
But this thread is about the sequel... not Titanfall 1.  We get it. You guys hated it. Cool. We knew that already based on the previous Titanfall related threads.

This was meant for the very few who are interested in the sequel. The dislike for the original has been noted.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:57 PM - 04/19/16 »
TBH i do think that they will get it right this time around.
They know that they have gold in their hands with TF, they know this could grab a large part of the COD audience.

I really think it's going to be good colb, no bait.
But after all the burns that seem to come with literally any hype for any game these days. I'm going to have to wait for some "after release" stream gameplay before I buy.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #36 on: 02:44 PM - 04/19/16 »
There is nothing to talk about for TF2, because we know nothing about it.  All that you can really discuss is what you liked or didn't like about the first game and about what you want to be different or the same.  That's all I've done.  You aren't interested in that?  Not sure what else you want people to say.

I don't hate the game.  Never said I did.  There are things that I think would make the game better.  Sorry if that offends.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02:57 PM - 04/19/16 »
There is nothing to talk about for TF2, because we know nothing about it.  All that you can really discuss is what you liked or didn't like about the first game and about what you want to be different or the same.  That's all I've done.  You aren't interested in that?  Not sure what else you want people to say.

I don't hate the game.  Never said I did.  There are things that I think would make the game better.  Sorry if that offends.
There's a big difference between saying "Gee I really hope they removed tee smart pistol" or speculating on the campaign "MacAllen died in the first game, why is he in the teaser for the sequel?", versus saying "I would pay them to stop making this game" or "most returns ever" etc.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03:10 PM - 04/19/16 »

There's a big difference between saying "Gee I really hope they removed tee smart pistol" or speculating on the campaign "MacAllen died in the first game, why is he in the teaser for the sequel?", versus saying "I would pay them to stop making this game" or "most returns ever" etc.

Agreed.  Yet I never made any such comment, but it didn't preclude you from implying that I'm an idiot or have ADHD, or both, or that I'm just bad at the game.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03:23 PM - 04/19/16 »

Agreed.  Yet I never made any such comment, but it didn't preclude you from implying that I'm an idiot or have ADHD, or both, or that I'm just bad at the game.
I'll admit that there's plenty of legitimate  reasons to hate/dislike the original game. AI bashing was one of the worst excuses to not give the game a fair chance.

Dale (Harney) has some fair criticism, aside from AI. Look mechanic was trash. Competitive options non existent. Lack of game modes. Lack of content. Crappy game modes. Lack of real campaign.

All of those I totally agree with. But I still managed ~1000 hours played. The core mechanics worked. The AI, once you became fluent in the game, added depth. Late in the development cycle they added a non AI game mode. It was super popular for about 2 weeks and everyone went back to CTF and Attrition.  Non AI gameplay was full of sound whoring and the t-rex defense syndrome (can't see me if I don't move). Parkour disappeared and everyone camped. It was boring.

Using the AI to avoid the game is a cop out, as in many cases, it made the game better. At worst, it was a wash. That said, they should add more non AI game modes. At least give people a choice. Eventually they will mostly migrate back to AI enabled modes.

The one i would love, is a smaller map, S&D mode. No AI. 30% sized map. One titan per team.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03:42 PM - 04/19/16 »
I mentioned all of those things save one.  The look mechanic.  I played on PC so that was never an issue.

Bottom line is that in your opinion the AI is fine.  In my opinion, it is not.  I'm not going to try and convince you that you shouldn't like bots.  You're not going to convince me that I like them.

I put in probably 40 or 50hrs in the game.  That's enough for me to know what I don't like about it.

I play a TON of Destiny.  I mostly play crucible.  I play PvE too, and I do enjoy it, but the main reason that I play PvE is to get weapons to use in pvP.  Shooting people on the other end of the LAN cable in the face is my thing.  Bots have never been that big with me.  Just aren't.  People play hours of zombie modes in CoD.  I tried out the 1st in BO and haven't come back since.  Wasn't bad and I tell myself that someday I'll try the one in BO3 cause it looks pretty good, but at the end of the day, when I only have X amount of hours to play, it's hard for me to choose to spend that on a bot mode.  That's just me.

To me, the bots are extraneous and don't add anything to the game.  The reason for them being added was for people of all skill levels to feel like they are doing something.  For me, they are just annoyances that keep from from shooting the human on the other end of the LAN cable in the face, faster.

Parkour was excellent, although I feel that BO3 has it more fluidly than even TF.  Not surprising since they got to learn from it.  The Titan mode was probably one of my faves.  There is good there to work with.  It lacks that something though.  The weapon selection is pretty bad and because of it, they spaced unlocks out way too far.  If I get the game it will be on PS4, so I hope the look mechanic is better.  From what I hear it's pretty bad.  And like I said before, bots should not be the core of the game.  They should up the human player count and have it be the reverse of TF.  Instead of the core game being bots with a couple human only modes, it should be core game of humans and a couple bot modes.  Better map design wouldn't hurt either.

Lastly, and this is just a nitpick I admit, but destruction would be welcome.  It's weird to see giant robots duking it out but no collateral damage.  Also, no windows on any structures or any doors?  Come on lol.

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #41 on: 08:18 AM - 04/20/16 »
Shooting people on the other end of the LAN cable in the face is my thing.  Bots have never been that big with me.  Just aren't.

We have a saying in my country. "If you speak the truth, you don't deserve to be punished" and this was straight from the heart... I applaud to you good sir.

I'm actually excited to see some gameplay from Titanfall 2, see what they've done with the game and most of all see if they heard the community and their grievances. I they miss this opportunity to make an impact in the FPS genre, they'll never recover if there's a blowback. 

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|