XIM Community

DS4 Wireless XIM4 Support?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
DS4 Wireless XIM4 Support?
« on: 09:10 AM - 04/05/16 »
@OBsIV
Are there any plans to add wireless DS4 support? :)

By pressing the PS home & Share button together, you can force the DS4 to be searchable by Bluetooth adapters. You can even connect the DS4 wirelessly to a PS3 with this method, Sadly the PS Home button doesn't work due to the PS3 seen the DS4 as a Generic BT Controller.

Since XIM4 has Bluetooth built in, I thought this feature should be doable in the future when you have time :D
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: DS4 Wireless XIM4 Support?
« Reply #1 on: 09:34 AM - 04/05/16 »
Is this something you'd like when DS4 is use on a PS4, or, when being used for crossover?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 04/05/16 »
I would mainly use it for crossover :)

I wasn't sure what the benefit would be when used with PS4, Wireless authentication comes to mind, could be useful for people who want to use 3 peripherals like a flightstick & KB/M.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:02 AM - 04/05/16 »
less popular but another good use for the wireless crossover

you could attach the xim with an xbox360 controller to the pc but play the game with a wireless ds4
yeah theres a driver that makes the games "think" an xbox360 controller is used while you use the ds4 but its fairly buggy and doesnt work with every game

that way you could use the DS4 wirelessly with pretty much any game since the xbox360 controller works with almost every game

in the longrun though wireless authentification would be huge given the audio port problems most people face with their headphones when buying a xim
or the audio speaker of the controller itself that some games make use out of
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline link68759

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:32 PM - 08/31/17 »
Has this idea been abandoned?

Masking the DS4 as an xbox controller is very useful for PC- software solutions are too finicky, unreliable, and as mentioned are often limited in scope. The tool in question (x360ce), for example, does not support any game from the unity engine, period.

I'm not sure how common this is, but iirc Bioshock has a unique, unmappable, unreplicatable control scheme for Xbox controllers. When an xbox controller is detected, certain buttons do multiple actions in different contexts, which means you can't simply map another controller to the keyboard/mouse controls...

If the bluetooth compatibility is there, enabling wireless support would be appreciated!

Admin