XIM Community

Do we have any Dark Souls fans here  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Do we have any Dark Souls fans here
« on: 09:55 AM - 03/25/16 »
Ive not finished any of these games but i do enjoy them at the start.  Ive told myself that i will try not to admit defeat for Dark Souls 3 though.

Any of you mob getting it? If so it would be good to hear of your success and frustrations once its released XX

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Do we have any Dark Souls fans here
« Reply #1 on: 04:19 PM - 03/25/16 »
Yep. Play defensively and they're not as hard as made out to be.

Have you seen Salt & Sanctuary on PS4? It's like a 2D Dark Souls.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 PM - 03/25/16 »
Theres always a boss i get stuck on and i end up puttin it down and forgettin bout it.  Ive never been one who likes farming or watching youtube to see how to beat it but i might this time around.

Not heard of that other game but i will take a look.

Cheers pal

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:09 PM - 03/25/16 »
Bloodborne, which I platinumed, was my only experience with the series. I kind of want to play Dark Souls 3 but I want to clear my backlog a bit before I get into any new games. Plus, at this point I get more excited for patches than the games themselves.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:33 PM - 03/25/16 »
I pld souls 1 and bloodborne.  Both great and both frustrating so GG on the plat.

I checked salt n sanctuary out.  Looks quite cool for 15 i may take the plunge

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #5 on: 09:42 AM - 03/29/16 »
Been playing since Demon's Souls.  Getting Dark Souls 3 on PC, cause of higher frame rate.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:47 AM - 03/29/16 »
My PC cant even run Quake 3 so PS4 it is.

Had a couple hours on Salt and Sanctuary too.  That game isnt bad but its missing some key things thats abit annoyin

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #7 on: 10:36 AM - 03/29/16 »
I play most online games on PS4, but any game that is single player or doesn't rely on online competitive too much, I get on PC for the higher frame rate and better visuals.  It also allows me to play some of the XBox exclusives that I wouldn't have access too otherwise, as I'm not buying an X1, so it's kinda worth the bi-annual upkeep.

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:30 PM - 03/29/16 »
I dont blame ya.  If you got the cash and you can be bothered then it can turn a good gaming experience into a great one.  If a games just bad i doubt it would do much for them though XD

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #9 on: 03:03 AM - 04/07/16 »
OMFG YES!  I love the Souls Series. I started with Bloodborne almost rage quit and sold back to gamestop NEXT DAY.  2 buddies convinced me to keep at it just a little longer. It became one of my all time favorite series.  I stream and chat was telling me about Dark Souls... I was like dafuq is that?  Well sounded awesome got lucky and got Dark Souls II SoFTS for close to $20.  Beat every single boss in that one and again chat was like you need to play #1, found Dark Souls 1 for $5 w/ DLC on PC.  So did it loved it even more than the 2nd.  I JUST beat Demon's Souls for the first time 2 weeks ago.  I spent 3 days on the Flamelurker 3 painful days until I figured out how to level up my weapon. 

I have a picture with me getting stabbed by the Lord of Cinder at E3 last year.  I am going to be geting some pictures with me and the Sword of Artorias hopefully VERY SOON.  Man At Arms is like right around the corner from where I live.

From what I understand (as I kept myself spoiler free from Dark Souls 3) about Dark Souls 3 is it has a bit of the best of Dark Souls 1, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.  I hear it's also the hardest in the series.  I refer to it as if Bloodborne, Demon's, & Dark Souls 1 had an ANGRY NIGHTMARE **** CHILD and Dark Souls 3 was born. I literally bought a spare controller in case I break my first one :P

Incidentally I will be giving away some "YOU DIED" T-shirts and a Dark Souls 3 Strat Guide on April 12th for my Charity Stream.  I don't usually advertise any giveaways.  But XIM community is pretty awesome so @#$% it.

Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:38 AM - 04/10/16 »
I love shopto delivery service. I got DS3 yesterday (not that i had time to play it much).  I installed it and dun the upgrade, made my character and got to the 1st bonfire in the into hehe but i only did that so i was ready to av a go 2nite.

The servers r still offline atm tho

Admin