XIM Community

Upgraded a few peripherals.  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Upgraded a few peripherals.
« on: 05:50 PM - 04/07/16 »
Mionix Castor / Sennheiser GAME ONE Headset / and a 60% POKER 3 keyboard.
I see the Poker 2 is on the compatibility list, I will hook up the POKER 3 to the XIM4 at some point and see if its working.

CASTOR!!!
This mouse is so nice, as a 9 year Razer death adder user, the death adder is already forgotten about.
I highly recommend the Castor. I'm still waiting on that perfect 3360 3366 w/e sensor mouse.

But for now, the MIONIX Castor is amazing, I surprise my self with ridiculous shots almost every time i play with it.

SENNHESIERS!!!
Sound quality of the GAME ONE is better than the old PC 360's i still have, unless that's because they are still yet to burn in and its the difference in sound that I'm perceiving as better? The build quality on both headsets feels premium, but the newer game one's feel that much better.

POKER 3!!!
As for the keyboard, i went for cherry browns over my old reds, and whilst there isn't a massive difference in feel, there is a slight actuation point there (a bump), and i feel like its better for FPS games especially CSGO where i can stop shoot / stutter step and strafe shoot better and with more accuracy than ever before. With the Cherry MX reds my movement felt a little more loose!?

The keyboard is tiny even compared to my Tenkeyless CM storm, and feels much more solid and 2/3 times as heavy, i love having that extra space for my mouse to flick shot and such. A small keyboard like this would be perfect for a couch set up IMHO too.

I hope some of this was useful to someone.
« Last Edit: 06:01 PM - 04/07/16 by YEESH_DALE »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
Re: Upgraded a few peripherals.
« Reply #1 on: 11:36 AM - 04/08/16 »
Mionix Castor / Sennheiser GAME ONE Headset / and a 60% POKER 3 keyboard.
I see the Poker 2 is on the compatibility list, I will hook up the POKER 3 to the XIM4 at some point and see if its working.

CASTOR!!!
This mouse is so nice, as a 9 year Razer death adder user, the death adder is already forgotten about.
I highly recommend the Castor. I'm still waiting on that perfect 3360 3366 w/e sensor mouse.

But for now, the MIONIX Castor is amazing, I surprise my self with ridiculous shots almost every time i play with it.

SENNHESIERS!!!
Sound quality of the GAME ONE is better than the old PC 360's i still have, unless that's because they are still yet to burn in and its the difference in sound that I'm perceiving as better? The build quality on both headsets feels premium, but the newer game one's feel that much better.

POKER 3!!!
As for the keyboard, i went for cherry browns over my old reds, and whilst there isn't a massive difference in feel, there is a slight actuation point there (a bump), and i feel like its better for FPS games especially CSGO where i can stop shoot / stutter step and strafe shoot better and with more accuracy than ever before. With the Cherry MX reds my movement felt a little more loose!?

The keyboard is tiny even compared to my Tenkeyless CM storm, and feels much more solid and 2/3 times as heavy, i love having that extra space for my mouse to flick shot and such. A small keyboard like this would be perfect for a couch set up IMHO too.

I hope some of this was useful to someone.

Try the G900 A$ap bruh. As for headphones I thought about the same ones you have now. Then decided to get the Phillips SHP9500's and a vmoda Boom mic, have not looked back at all. They are truly **** great.

@#$% that keyboard is small as hell. lol

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #2 on: 11:58 AM - 04/08/16 »
Castor is a great mouse, Just remember to use the native 5000 DPI when you use it with XIM :)

I like Mionix, they are in my top 3 mice brands (Logitech, Mionix & Zowie)

There customer support is top notch :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:56 PM - 04/08/16 »
I have a 60% ducky and it's nice and all, but playing bf4 with it annoys the sh1t out of me. Always having to mess with the function keys distracts me so much I'd rather go with a full size kb. Also I like to use macros for csgo bc I always mess up awp shots, at some point I began to hit @#$% cancel before firing and can't get over it. I still do this with the macro set to quick switch but much less often. Can't wait until all manufacturers realize macro to any key is the way to go.

I specifically want a 60% style keyboard, but with the F keys, with blue switch. With any key macro. Pisses me off this isn't an option. The k65 would be fine but only comes in red or brown which is fine but I certainly prefer clicky blues for csgo. 
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:41 PM - 04/08/16 »

You're telling me, having bought the Naos from Massdrop late 2015, its been sat on my shelf for the last two months. I Randomly contacted them via twitter and they took it from there. I sent them the Naos and they hooked me up with the castor. The didn't have any obligation to do so but they did.

Currently using it at 800Dpi on PC works fantastic.

I specifically want a 60% style keyboard, but with the F keys, with blue switch. With any key macro. Pisses me off this isn't an option. The k65 would be fine but only comes in red or brown which is fine but I certainly prefer clicky blues for csgo. 

I'm currently using a septate NUMPAD set off to the left of the keyboard. It enables me to keep my mouse pad real estate without loosing any buttons really.

Try the G900 A$ap bruh. As for headphones I thought about the same ones you have now. Then decided to get the Phillips SHP9500's and a vmoda Boom mic, have not looked back at all. They are truly **** great.

I was going to buy the AKG 702's with mod mic, but the thought of all those wires in conjunction with a valve amp.. I figured I'm mainly using them to game with, and i loved my old PC360's, my mic stopped working with them, so i just went with them again. I'm glad i did. As for the G900 i HATE Logitech mice wheels, and i use them alot so..
« Last Edit: 01:46 PM - 04/08/16 by YEESH_DALE »

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:22 PM - 04/08/16 »

You're telling me, having bought the Naos from Massdrop late 2015, its been sat on my shelf for the last two months. I Randomly contacted them via twitter and they took it from there. I sent them the Naos and they hooked me up with the castor. The didn't have any obligation to do so but they did.

Currently using it at 800Dpi on PC works fantastic.

I'm currently using a septate NUMPAD set off to the left of the keyboard. It enables me to keep my mouse pad real estate without loosing any buttons really.

I was going to buy the AKG 702's with mod mic, but the thought of all those wires in conjunction with a valve amp.. I figured I'm mainly using them to game with, and i loved my old PC360's, my mic stopped working with them, so i just went with them again. I'm glad i did. As for the G900 i HATE Logitech mice wheels, and i use them alot so..
G900 scroll wheel is pretty solid IMO. 100x better than the G502 wheel. Not really sure what Logitech was thinking with that heavy metal hunk of crap.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:32 PM - 04/08/16 »
Quite alot of change just for CS:GO XD

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:49 PM - 04/08/16 »
Quite alot of change just for CS:GO XD

:D yea but when you're enjoying something you don't mind spending the money. Hows COD mate?
XD Please dont make me bite..

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:35 PM - 04/08/16 »
Haha no idea what CoD is like at the mo.  Been playing Uncharted collection, Salt and Sanctuary and soon Dark Souls 3. 

You doin good tho pal its been a while.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:24 PM - 04/09/16 »
Haha no idea what CoD is like at the mo.  Been playing Uncharted collection, Salt and Sanctuary and soon Dark Souls 3. 

You doin good tho pal its been a while.

Yes mate, just been through UC Collection.. Awesome games, but i liked 3 the lest and probably 2 the most.
Waiting on UC4..

Admin