XIM Community

I know why MW2 failed  (Read 5083 times)

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
Re: I know why MW2 failed
« Reply #15 on: 06:21 PM - 02/19/10 »
xbox version is great game play but ps3 is better graphics, i dont have to pay psn, theres lots of local players more ps3 were i live then xbox.

From what this (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off?page=2) article says. The PS3 version has better shadow filtering but worse ground textures, less or no bloom, and the frame rate dips lower and more frequently than on the 360.

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #16 on: 06:51 PM - 02/19/10 »

You have a small amount of time to quit the match without being penalized.
This was true in COD4.
This is untrue now. As soon as you connect to a server, disconnecting results in a loss.

I didn't know that, I assumed they kept that feature. It actually made sense, so no wonder they got rid of it.

If you switch to party chat half-way through a game, select "stay in party chat" at the prompt, and get booted, none of the stats from that game will count.  This includes counting it as a loss.
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:04 PM - 02/19/10 »
Good tip.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: 07:15 PM - 02/19/10 »
Good tip.

yup, but i bet they patch that before they fix the commando immunity glitch
Proud owner of a XIM3

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:23 PM - 02/19/10 »
Phil it also lets it be known that the 360 can load high-res textures in a second or less with a HD install while the PS3 may take 8 seconds to load high res textures off the disk.

yack!
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline playboyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:21 PM - 02/19/10 »
I hope your're talkin about gears 2 cuz gears 1 is hands down THE BEST online multiplayer game (some prefer halo but still better than other titles)available on xbox 360.

Yeah because you're opinion is fact.

No.

Well atleast I have one
I didn't say that my opinion is fact, but the success of this game is a fact.
So your comment is pointless

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:20 AM - 02/20/10 »
look dudes im sorry ive run test side by side with 2 full hd 1080p 22inch tvs with my xbox 360mw2 super elite an ps3 an out the box as they are the ps3 looks better smoother an clearer
the xbox version looks less good. if your thinking im a ps3 fanboy then why do i own one of the rarest an most expsensive vauled xboxs, are you saying that if i load it onto the hdd it loads an looks better on the xbox ? coz if you play off the disk quick plug an play the ps3 looks better.
ive been building my own pcs for years ive seen gpus come an go my pc played cod5 at full hd an looked far better than ps3 , im not getting into the xbox vs ps3 talk, im not saying the blue ray on ps3 is a benifit , im saying ive got cod games for all 3 formats cod6 out the box looks the worst
on xbox 3 of my pals own both consoles we all said the same ps3 1080p an xbox 1080p cod6 ps3 is better looking ,remember farcry2 the xbox version was 1080p ps3 was 720p xbox version was miles better lets be honest not biast dudes
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: 11:36 AM - 02/20/10 »
Zombies, don't doubt the cold logic of toys.  He is using facts to back up his statement, while you are just making comparisons based on your observations.  You could very well be right, but facts > comparisons/intuition
Proud owner of a XIM3

My Setup:

Offline playboyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:14 PM - 02/20/10 »
Nobody said that the game looks better if you install it on hdd, it just loads faster(in most cases, not all!!)
Textures pop up quicker than from disc
The unreal engine(gow 1, 2) is a good example for a comparison between disc and hdd.
It would be great if you could post some high quality pics side by side of your screens.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:01 PM - 02/20/10 »
i would love too but i only have 1 hd set here the other is at my girlfriends where i tested it
but if i say to her can i set up the two tvs an consoles an take pics she would get annoyed any day but on a sat night i got no chance haha dudes im not lying the xbox version stright from disk is darker an looks less graphical than the ps3 version you can see this from the start the training bit with the range an also the pit if like me you have both version go an try those parts you see the dif , i like both consoles my xbox super elite limted edition is cool , i have two ps3 fats 1 was a present the other i got for 99 from a pal who bought a slim an wanted rid of his fat i im getting a ps3 slim from my girlfriend in a few weeks she spoils me too much
she bought me the prestige an veteran packs with the ps3 fat for crimbo madness i know but im not complaining , i will mod 1 fat with a bigger hdd an sell it on an hack the other so i can run linux with full ps3 gpu support an other fun , ive got two broken white arcade xboxs coming my way for free
next week an with all the other stuff online an in life i have not enough hours in the day
so lazy at times maybe i shud just keep my gob shut in future haha
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:20 PM - 02/20/10 »
I see many hd tv's in my line of work. Different tv's give you a different picture. I wouldn't be suprised if the ps3 was being played on the superior tv.

Also one tv could be calibrated better than the other.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:05 PM - 02/20/10 »
both tvs are diffrent one is better tested both on both with witnesses my friends have xbox too they said the same ps3 version is more pleasing on the eye. i 100% stand by with no agenda that
with a good pc the pc version is the best then its the ps3 then the xbox
i have no reason to lie my eyes are 2020a vision i can judge how a game looks better on a old radeon9600 like farcry1 compared with a rad9800gt etc its the same here the ps3 version looks sharper an clearer smoother an more pleasing to the eye borrow a copy if u dont want to buy both
check the rifle range an the dudes playing basket ball, look at the detail of the ps3 version then play the xbox one in the same places levels etc you will see what i mean, i love pc xbox an ps3 the same an as gandi said even in the minority of 1
the truth is still the truth 8)
do you have both xbox an ps3 versions to test it?

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:56 PM - 02/20/10 »
So wait, you're basing this on two different TVs that you didn't put side by side to make your comparison? The Digital Foundry link shows straight captures from the graphics card of both systems and they have tools to measure the framerate. You might personally like the way the PS3 version looks more but the evidence shows that the 360 has the edge here, especially from a performance perspective.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:21 AM - 02/21/10 »
yes i tested both like this xbox on tv1 3 witnesses played cod 6 round the pit etc
then i conected a ps3 that tv did the same areas an it looked so much better

so then i tried my gf tv an the same was the case an as for the side by side test
i used the xbox on the better tv an the ps3 looked better on the cheaper one

so fact is the xbox may have the power inside but the graphic content of the ps3 version
of the blu ray is clearer an smoother hence the fact i play more ps3 cod than xbox
an like i said far cry2 is @#$% on ps3 but better graphics on xbox ps3 version is only 720p
xbox is 1080p , cod6 is 1080p on both consoles but looks better on ps3

"GZR" "something inside it cant be denied it touches deep no matter what you say"

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:36 PM - 02/21/10 »
The PS3 texture resolution & detail is flat out lower
PS3 has almost no antiscopic filtering
PS3 frame rates are ALWAYS lower

How is this better? Its not.

COD4/5/6 is rendered @ 1024*600 on either console and is scaled to the resolution the console is set too.

Thinking your PS3's blue-ray has anything to do with the game. There is no game on either console yet that is NEAR being over an 8gb DL DVD's capacity size. PERIOD. Ontop of that, there are only rescently projected games that will require moving to 20gb DL DVD's, of which the 360 supports reading.
So telling people that game quality wise a PS3's blue-ray player could increase anything over the console's lifespan is nutty. Especially when the real world access time of it is far higher than the regular DVD player in the 360 - which leads to a DECREASE in quality.

Furthermore, the Xbox 360 game itself is LARGER than the PS3's copy of the game while BOTH are much smaller than the PC version. Go compair your torrent sizes for 360 & PS3.

Im sorry, but no. PS3 doesn't look better as a whole, nor does it play better. :\
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]