XIM Community

I know why MW2 failed  (Read 5080 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
I know why MW2 failed
« on: 11:11 PM - 02/18/10 »
[email protected] Stats system
COD4 spawn logic
MW2 weapons logic

Apparantly, the recipe was too hard to follow and they set the blender too fast.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
Re: I know why MW2 failed
« Reply #1 on: 11:50 PM - 02/18/10 »
I still love it.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:31 AM - 02/19/10 »
there are millions of pad users on xbox an psn we are of a few thousand ximers
which makes mw2 are great arena i have cod 5 for pc cod 6 for xbox cod4,5,6 for ps3
. for me ps3 is best cos pc games are full of hackers xbox version is great game play but ps3 is better graphics, i dont have to pay psn, theres lots of local players more ps3 were i live then xbox.
infinity ward have made mistakes i still say cods 8v8 death match is pathetic
but team games are great fun :D
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:08 AM - 02/19/10 »
 Very well spoken Toys. We need a game developer to come out with a COD game that breaks this mold the series is stuck in. It's the same old "spawn quick ..rush to die scenario" over and over".  :-\

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:39 AM - 02/19/10 »
Failed? I guess you meant to title this topic, "Why I was disappointed with MW2"

Personally, I don't like how the maps seem specifically designed with camping in mind. I don't like the nuke boosting in FFA. I don't like how the game ALWAYS puts me on a team where everyone goes negative, but I guess I could get a team going to fix that. I don't like how it seems to pick host five times in a row who has every player on the server connected to him get three bars or less.

Pretty much all of that stuff could be fixed if they put bots in but I doubt Microsoft would be too thrilled about that. I still love the game and find it hard to go back or switch to any other shooter but it has some seriously unnecessary issues.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:40 AM - 02/19/10 »
really busts my balls when it launchs into a game with hardly any players,
but my bigest piss off is when it puts you in a game already in progress with
2 minutes or less to go, it always puts me on the losing side which is dam unfair
not only cos its a forced loss an stat killer but the fact it gives you stress an
puts you in a bad mood for the next game >:(
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:42 AM - 02/19/10 »
The spawn system is wacked, akimbo weapons were a stupid idea which give the game a corny feeling.  Then you have the lag which is beyond explanation and drives most players up a wall.  The lag/delay in this game is so huge.  I can't even begin to explain the lag system.  Sometimes I am running around with an RPD and people are dropping like fly's with one hit kills.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:20 AM - 02/19/10 »
really busts my balls when it launchs into a game with hardly any players,
but my bigest piss off is when it puts you in a game already in progress with
2 minutes or less to go, it always puts me on the losing side which is dam unfair
not only cos its a forced loss an stat killer but the fact it gives you stress an
puts you in a bad mood for the next game >:(

You have a small amount of time to quit the match without being penalized.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #8 on: 10:27 AM - 02/19/10 »
there are millions of pad users on xbox an psn we are of a few thousand ximers
which makes mw2 are great arena i have cod 5 for pc cod 6 for xbox cod4,5,6 for ps3
. for me ps3 is best cos pc games are full of hackers xbox version is great game play but ps3 is better graphics, i dont have to pay psn, theres lots of local players more ps3 were i live then xbox.
infinity ward have made mistakes i still say cods 8v8 death match is pathetic
but team games are great fun :D

Actually, MW2 graphics load much faster on the 360.  As I recall, toys once said that the PS3 takes ~8ms to load advanced textures off of the disc, while the 360 only takes 4ms.  If you install the game to the 360 HD, it only takes ~1ms. 
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline Chilly309

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:36 PM - 02/19/10 »
     Nobody likes lag in games. We all experience it and are probably going to with every title we play online. It will probably never be perfect. Therefore we should never expect it be. As far as Infinity Ward's games go, they still seem to me to be the best to play online. If you don't believe me then give Gears Of War 2 a shot for about a week. You will truly learn what lag is and probably have a newfound appreciation for MW2. I can usually work thru the little bit I run into in MW2,but if it's bad enough then at least the game will usually end. That's not always the case with a game like Gears. I've had games where right from the beginning I would teleport across the whole @#$% map like I was playing a really bad game of star trek or something. Beam me up Scotty! No beam me down Scotty! And your only reliable weapon is the chainsaw and well that's not even reliable. I won't even go into the host issues which piss off people the most in that game. I could go on but you guys get the point. Call of Duty online isn't bad. As for Gears, Horde mode is great and so is the campaign, but not for gaming against others.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #10 on: 02:20 PM - 02/19/10 »
As a hobbyist game-developer, here is what is wrong with MW2:

1)  Game mechanics which encourage camping.
  - Stopping power with no counter means even quicker deaths typically.
  - Quick deaths means 1st shot wins which means don't be the guy moving instead of watching a corner.
  - Killstreak rewards that basically trump every other game objective.

2)  Uncounterable game mechanics that ruin killstreaks for non-campers while not helping their team.
  - Akimbo shotguns
  - Commando pro

3)  Random elements which detract from the fairness/spirit of competitive play
  - Care packages

A guy running around with Akimbo shotguns will go negative every time.  However, there is no counter for someone spawning, running, turning a corner, and pulling both triggers without having to aim, think, etc.  These guys ruin legit killstreaks without really doing well themselves and there is no counter for it except to camp even more, use claymores, etc.

Some things they did correctly:
-  Equipment
-  Riot Shields

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:49 PM - 02/19/10 »

This was true in COD4.
This is untrue now. As soon as you connect to a server, disconnecting results in a loss.

I like akimbo weapons. They're fun and dont break anything. Akimbo 1887's simply needed a nerf (regular 1887 DID NOT - piss any whiney 13 year olds and the @#$% trash @#$% play balancers)
Akimbo 1887's rock socks. 3 kills before reloading, hyper fast reloading & lots of ammo LoL! but... next to nothing for range.

Commando Pro is fine to be in the game. Unfortuantely it has been proven that at certain points in the stabbing animation you are invulnerable. Making it iffy to kill someone that can bring out the stabbing animation.

Stopping power is fine. Noone would use anything but snipers & the FAMAS without stopping power.

The answer here is 2x smoke grenades.
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 02/19/10 by toysrme »
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline playboyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:24 PM - 02/19/10 »
[email protected] Stats system
COD4 spawn logic
MW2 weapons logic

Apparantly, the recipe was too hard to follow and they set the blender too fast.

I'll correct MW2 spawn logic + weapons logic , oh I forgot there is no spawn logic in mw2 :o
People spawn all across the maps at random places like sometimes you spawn underneath a care package or maybe a javelin rocket or my favourite the "predator missile" :o :o :o :o

Nobody likes lag in games. We all experience it and are probably going to with every title we play online. It will probably never be perfect. Therefore we should never expect it be. As far as Infinity Ward's games go, they still seem to me to be the best to play online. If you don't believe me then give Gears Of War 2 a shot for about a week. You will truly learn what lag is and probably have a newfound appreciation for MW2. I can usually work thru the little bit I run into in MW2,but if it's bad enough then at least the game will usually end. That's not always the case with a game like Gears. I've had games where right from the beginning I would teleport across the whole @#$% map like I was playing a really bad game of star trek or something. Beam me up Scotty! No beam me down Scotty! And your only reliable weapon is the chainsaw and well that's not even reliable. I won't even go into the host issues which piss off people the most in that game. I could go on but you guys get the point. Call of Duty online isn't bad. As for Gears, Horde mode is great and so is the campaign, but not for gaming against others.

I hope your're talkin about gears 2 cuz gears 1 is hands down THE BEST online multiplayer game (some prefer halo but still better than other titles)available on xbox 360. Thats why people still play it after 3 years since it came out.
About gears2 I totally agree wit you . I like campaign, horde but I completely dispise multiplayer .They totally screwed it like IW did it wit cod series .
COD 2 was a solid and funny experience now we have mw2 which is frustrating and dissapointing.

Everyone rants and complaints about those games but still play it , why?
The reason why people(including me ::)) play mw2, gears 2 etc is because of addiction.
The developers know how to keep people playin their games -> the rank system
We hate it but still play it , cuz everyone likes to increase their rank , that's human nature but this aspect must not be the case.
Still we get over all bugs, glitches and lags and keep on playin
Games should be addictive(but not too addictive) because of fun.

Example:
Gears 1 doesn't have any rank system but the reason it is so successful is cuz it's fun to play . It addicts because of fun and great gameplay and not beacuse of any gained xp or rank , who gives a @#$% about anyones rank
CS , cod 2 are other good examples.
« Last Edit: 03:59 PM - 02/19/10 by playboyjoe »

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #13 on: 04:25 PM - 02/19/10 »
I hope your're talkin about gears 2 cuz gears 1 is hands down THE BEST online multiplayer game (some prefer halo but still better than other titles)available on xbox 360.

Yeah because you're opinion is fact.

No.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:44 PM - 02/19/10 »

This was true in COD4.
This is untrue now. As soon as you connect to a server, disconnecting results in a loss.

I didn't know that, I assumed they kept that feature. It actually made sense, so no wonder they got rid of it.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos