XIM Community

My Division STv2 Setup (XBOX ONE)  (Read 44556 times)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My Division STv2 Setup (XBOX ONE)
« Reply #180 on: 05:50 AM - 11/03/16 »
I thought I'd add my contribution to this thread now the 1.4 patch has made The Division worth playing.

Create a Sniping sub-config and set the sensitivity low, like 1/2 to 1/3rd of ADS. In my case, it's 2.5 sens @ 12K DPI. Set the activation key to something you can easily hold while ADS to reduce jitter and increase stability for long-range no-scope headshots. With Deadzone set to 35, ADS feels pretty smooth as is, but dropping the sensitivity further using a Sniping mode cleans it right up and makes pixel-hunting domes over cover pretty easy.

I dropped the Sprint config, replaced it with Sniping and upped HIP to the Sprint sensitivity (12 @ 12K). I also increased the ADS sensitivity (7 @ 12K) to improve tracking of strafing enemies at mid to close range. The Sniping config takes care of longer range engagements.

I haven't found anything comfortable for the Grenade, Consumable and Emote selection wheels and might resort to the Titan One using a double-click or hold toggle for the menus.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is about with The Division's look mechanic. Compared to other third-person shooters like the Uncharted series, Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect series, The Division feels far more accurate and responsive than all of them. I think it's just the nature of the third-person beast - while not as crispy as most first-person shooters, The Division is definitely more than playable using a Xim.
« Last Edit: 12:48 AM - 11/05/16 by antithesis »

Offline Ras_al_ghul

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 09:56 AM - 11/05/16 »
Am I missing something because on change of direction the sprint should auto cancel? With this setup I just continue running in that direction. BTW, I'm using V3n0m's config

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 11:48 PM - 11/05/16 »
Am I missing something because on change of direction the sprint should auto cancel? With this setup I just continue running in that direction. BTW, I'm using V3n0m's config

Drop the Sprint config and bump HIP to 12 (or equivalent sensitivity at your DPI). For the Sprint config to work, the Sprint button needs to be held or toggled, which may disrupt normal movement.

That said, The Division has pretty fluid movement and will continue auto-sprinting on change of direction, after leaping obstacles etc, so it might just be how the game works.

Offline Ras_al_ghul

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 11:31 AM - 11/08/16 »

Drop the Sprint config and bump HIP to 12 (or equivalent sensitivity at your DPI). For the Sprint config to work, the Sprint button needs to be held or toggled, which may disrupt normal movement.

That said, The Division has pretty fluid movement and will continue auto-sprinting on change of direction, after leaping obstacles etc, so it might just be how the game works.
Thanks. I'll try this out

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline stray

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 11:34 AM - 11/08/16 »
I thought I'd add my contribution to this thread now the 1.4 patch has made The Division worth playing.

Create a Sniping sub-config and set the sensitivity low, like 1/2 to 1/3rd of ADS. In my case, it's 2.5 sens @ 12K DPI. Set the activation key to something you can easily hold while ADS to reduce jitter and increase stability for long-range no-scope headshots. With Deadzone set to 35, ADS feels pretty smooth as is, but dropping the sensitivity further using a Sniping mode cleans it right up and makes pixel-hunting domes over cover pretty easy.

I dropped the Sprint config, replaced it with Sniping and upped HIP to the Sprint sensitivity (12 @ 12K). I also increased the ADS sensitivity (7 @ 12K) to improve tracking of strafing enemies at mid to close range. The Sniping config takes care of longer range engagements.

I haven't found anything comfortable for the Grenade, Consumable and Emote selection wheels and might resort to the Titan One using a double-click or hold toggle for the menus.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is about with The Division's look mechanic. Compared to other third-person shooters like the Uncharted series, Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect series, The Division feels far more accurate and responsive than all of them. I think it's just the nature of the third-person beast - while not as crispy as most first-person shooters, The Division is definitely more than playable using a Xim.

for the new sniping sup-config do you have any curve on it ?

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 11:59 AM - 11/08/16 »
So I have been deployed hopefully I'll be able to revise this curve and put some new tweaks into it when I get back home. I'll let you know if I ever get time to put it together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 03:31 PM - 11/08/16 »
for the new sniping sup-config do you have any curve on it ?

No curve. To be honest I barely use the sub-config given Sniping's the least viable combat option in the game. The only time I'm using it is against opposing Snipers, which are few and far between.

Instead, I've been use a low-zoom scope on an Assault Rifle with extra stability coupled with a Shotgun with Destructive and it's a solid build, particularly in the Dark Zone against Elites. I was running a LMG build, but it takes more time and effort to chew through armour, range is shorter and recoil can be unwieldy.

Also, Destructive is going to come into play in PvP encounters in an upcoming patch. With the current meta focusing heavily on Toughness, + armour damage and an Assault Rifle is going to be the way to go.

FYI, I've written a Titan One script for The Division with separate anti-recoil and rapid-fire / burst-fire for Primary, Secondary and Sidearm. Anti-recoil coupled with burst-fire on Assault Rifles is working really well (same for LMG). Aside from a little bloom, vertical recoil is all but eliminated using 5-bullet bursts in rapid-fire. The same applies to Shotguns (only the last 2 rounds in a 9 round chamber climb a bit) and a fast fire-rate Sidearm is pinpoint accurate with zero recoil.

The only minor issue is The Division has some input lag if holding down the trigger for a full mag on a semi-automatic weapon (Shotguns, Pistols), meaning anti-recoil and rapid-fire will keep triggering for a few hundred MS after letting go of the trigger. The solution is to let up just before the clip is empty, which you'll likely do anyway with bodies all over the floor.

Offline jenskamen

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 06:14 AM - 11/15/16 »
After playing the division on PC for the past week, i really tried so hard to play the division on xbox one with the xim but the input lag is just too bad. tried diff configs and curves over one day and when i got back to PC it just felt SO GREAT. i mean its ok in PvE because the AI is not really challanging but in pvp  its just too bad sadly.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 06:28 AM - 11/15/16 »
Once my new PC is built I might be hanging up the XBox for good. Especially now that Halo 6 will be on PC

XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline jenskamen

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 09:23 AM - 11/18/16 »
Yeah i mostly keep my xbox because everyone that plays BF 4/1 that i know play is there. everything else i tend to play on pc now. and since i got a good one (gtx 1080 i7 2700k @4ghz 16 gb ram ssd etc) alone the grafics are worth it.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 09:28 AM - 11/18/16 »
Nice man I'll have the same thing but GTX 1070. I only have a 1080p 144hz monitor so I didn't see the GTX 1080 as necessary. In 3-4 years I'll upgrade to 4k and get a new card

Offline Cmlkirk89

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: HoNoRaRyBeAn
« Reply #191 on: 08:39 PM - 11/19/16 »
I sent you a private message Venom. Hoping you can hook me up with some config issues I'm having. Thanks

Offline jenskamen

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 08:58 AM - 11/21/16 »
yeah i only got the 1080 because of my htc vive. for gaming 1070 is great right now

Offline casual_gamer_

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 01:50 PM - 12/04/16 »
1.5 just dropped and now hip firing is even worse.

I'm still trying to find the closest config to PC hip firing. I want fast enough turn speeds to strafe but at the same time not too jittery to when hip firing. I think where the XIM shines in console is the ability to hip fire.  I'm still using this config and changed ADS to 12 sensitivity and works well, it's just the HIP config that I'm still not satisfied with. If I go as low as 3 I can get headshots hip firing but the moment people strafe my turns can't keep up. And if I change the sensitivity to HIP to be able to turn quickly I lose the ability to aim properly when hip firing.  Anyone figured this out?  With ARs I suppose I should just drop hip firing completely and just rely on ADS

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #194 on: 09:41 AM - 06/12/18 »
Venom ? Are you going to make  some good stuff   for   The Division    for  Xim Apex ?!

( note to trolls )Pls dont link me to  Sweet evils  garbage config.  It doesn't even work. 

Thanks