XIM Community

When comes Xim 5?  (Read 7267 times)

Offline BananaJuice

• View Profile
When comes Xim 5?
« on: 02:42 PM - 03/07/16 »
I bought for 1  Week Xim4 and i am  Happy but it would be really bad for me if Xim 5 is comming soon because then i have to bring the XIm 4 back and wait for the Xim 5.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: When comes Xim 5?
« Reply #1 on: 03:29 PM - 03/07/16 »
Only Obsiv and crew could chime in but don't think it's anywhere near at all.  Xim4 works wonderfully with most consoles out right now.

I remember when I got the Xim3 the edge came out afterwards but really no incentive for me to upgrade.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 PM - 03/07/16 »
Only Obsiv and crew could chime in but don't think it's anywhere near at all.  Xim4 works wonderfully with most consoles out right now.

I remember when I got the Xim3 the edge came out afterwards but really no incentive for me to upgrade.

Xim3 and earlier generations were Xbox only. The first two generations were more or less DIY projects.
Xim Edge added PS3 support.
Xim4 added XB1 and PS4 support.

There's no real reason for a Xim5 until the next console generation hits the ground, or in response to a significant shift in the accessory market. VR *might* spark that, but they're probably USB HID devices that can be patched into the Xim4, like the Grifta which OBsIV is assisting with for drivers.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline charleslaine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Cyonyde
« Reply #3 on: 01:59 AM - 03/09/16 »
I bought my XIM4 last June (June 2015).  It's been working flawlessly ever since.  Originally I was a Destiny player but now I'm quite addicted to Star Wars Battlefront.  The point being, the XIM4 is a perfectly decent product for this generation of consoles.  I don't see any reason for a XIM5, but I'm not thinking "bells and whistles"  but merely how well this device lets me use a mouse/keyboard to play FPS games on console.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:51 PM - 03/09/16 »
I still like the XIM 3 better than the 4 cuz of the screen. XiM5 could be limited number of XIMs with a screen and bluetooth to connect to the phone app for updates in firmware and game configs

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: 09:23 AM - 03/11/16 »
XIM 5 Release Date 06/31/2016

Note: This is an obvious troll there aren't 31 days in June...So understand that not only is this meant to make you laugh, it shows that no one will like respond on this.  When it is within 1 year ObsIV will start posting in his blog

Offline Koteric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:29 PM - 03/12/16 »
The screen adds a very unnecessary cost to the device.  There is no reason for a screen when 99.9% of every one playing xb/ps has a cell phone or a computer that can connect to the Xim4. 

I would be very shocked to find a screen on a future xim product, unless it was trying to fill a different roll and they deemed it necessary. 

Offline jonammann

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Johnny Red 79
« Reply #7 on: 07:33 AM - 03/16/16 »
I still like the XIM 3 better than the 4 cuz of the screen. XiM5 could be limited number of XIMs with a screen and bluetooth to connect to the phone app for updates in firmware and game configs

I doubt a screen would be put back in either. The iPhone app has worked great!
Logitech G602 + Sony Nav or Logitech G13
iPhone 7plus iOS 10.2.1
iOS XIM Manager 4.00.20160405 (TestFlight)
Plantronics Rig Flex Headset
Plantronics Audio Adapter
Xbox One 3.5mm integrated controller

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:02 AM - 03/16/16 »
The only reason I see their being a XIM 5 is to upgrade features and adding more onboard memory. A nice feature would be to allow more adjustment of the Ballistic Curve (which will also require more onboard memory). Other than that I don't see the new one coming till the next gen of consoles.

We will only know till OBsIV talks about it.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline Johnny

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AAA
  • PSN ID: AAA
« Reply #9 on: 07:55 PM - 03/16/16 »
Don't have anything to back this up but I've heard that XIM5 is already under development? & possibly being tested already? I just dont know which part of the process they're in atm because i remember OBsIV brought it up in a thread when some1 asked about the next XIM product. Maybe it was a little hint that the GREAT OBsIV tryna give us some idea what it's gonna be about or somehow gettin some ideas to implement to it. Coz I also seen some1 suggested an LED screen to it like XIM3 but no exact information about it yet (at least from what I've heard anywy)
United Kingdom / Europe

XIM4 & XIM Edge
- PS4
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- PS3

SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid-i (Brown Cherry MX) - Soon
Headset: Astro A40 TR w/ Black Mixamp Pro
Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 08:44 PM - 03/16/16 »
Definitely thought going into what XIM5 will be, but, the only development going on right now is for XIM4 -- namely improvement in hardware compat and steering wheels and such.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline jonammann

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Johnny Red 79
« Reply #11 on: 12:39 PM - 03/17/16 »
Definitely thought going into what XIM5 will be, but, the only development going on right now is for XIM4 -- namely improvement in hardware compat and steering wheels and such.

Glad to hear it, there is still plenty of power and versatility in the XIM4. It's nice to see this kind of longevity and support in our investments. 
Logitech G602 + Sony Nav or Logitech G13
iPhone 7plus iOS 10.2.1
iOS XIM Manager 4.00.20160405 (TestFlight)
Plantronics Rig Flex Headset
Plantronics Audio Adapter
Xbox One 3.5mm integrated controller

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #12 on: 03:28 PM - 03/20/16 »
Next Thursday.....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:33 PM - 03/20/16 »
Xim5 isn't coming any time soon. Xim4 is working fine just the way it is. With monthly to bi monthly updates it's still working out fine. I don't see the need for a new xim anyway. What would a xim5 even have over the xim4? No need for it.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W