XIM Community

alternative Xbox360 WIRELESS (!) Controller drivers  (Read 7042 times)

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile

I dont know if this is old news for you, but I just found those and tested them:

http://x360wc.tripod.com/index.html

extremely good drivers with tons of tweaks !

have fun  :)

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Re: alternative Xbox360 WIRELESS (!) Controller drivers
« Reply #1 on: 11:52 AM - 05/02/08 »
I will definitely try those out.  In other news...who is this Ximul8or guy and where has he been all this time?  Where's my analog trigger support?  Possible with XIM 1 or no?

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:35 PM - 05/02/08 »
I will definitely try those out.  In other news...who is this Ximul8or guy and where has he been all this time?  Where's my analog trigger support?  Possible with XIM 1 or no?

Well, its just "me". Im using XIM since it has been released to the public. I found it needed analogue input, because I didnt want to RUN in CoD3 all the time ( ... lets WALK down and f*ck them all (if you happen to know that joke)). Obsiv had no plans to put that into XIM, so I made XAE. I added macros and stuff to it, so it turned into XAE-ME.

I have been busy w/ other things in RL, now Im going to work on XAE a bit again.

"Your" Analogue-Trigger Support in XIM1 is impossible (1:1 at least), because the Playstation2-controller (XIM1 is pretending to be !) does NOT have analogue-Triggers. That's why you can NOT (successfully) send analogue-data to Playstation2 controller-inputs. Got it ?

Some game's (like Granturismo 5) can have workarounds by using controllers`sticks for functions youd normally use the triggers for.
Other games dont need analogue-Triggers at all (like LT = scope, RT = fire - Shooters).

Im excited by those drivers, because they provide stuff you do NOT get from Direct-Input but from XInput ONLY. With THIS driver you can actually remap the Triggers (which read as 1 SINGLE AXIS in Direct-Input only (and this is bad !)) to be individual Sliders, Sticks or (digital) buttons. You can totally reconfigure the whole Controller ! Its much like the XBCD-drivers for the old Xbox and wired 360 controller (which do NOT support the wireless model).

Now I can continue XAE-ME w/o implementing DX9, the Xinput-stuff and other very uncomfortable changes (remember: I just want to add analogue Triggers). "We" only have to install this driver, make 1 adjustment and everything is fine ...

So, YES ... analogue-Triggers in XIM1 ARE possible, even simultaneously, as long your game lets you redefine controls (Racing games do that usually)

ill keep you informed  :)

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:02 AM - 05/03/08 »
Just another "finding" (again, sorry to those who think this is old !):

http://xpadder.com/

Its one of the best (if not THE best !) Joy2Key-mapper you can find - absolutely free !
I was thinking of using this (because its 100% Xinput (360's wheel and controller)) compatible,
but shortly after I found it, I discovered the alternative drivers mentioned above.

have fun - it rocks !
XIMul8oR

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:21 PM - 05/09/08 »
HTF do you install the drivers? Every time i try, it says cannot load the device driver for this hardware, driver corrupted or missing (code 39) i have tried downloading the file several times, from both the original web page and the english web page

Thanks

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:42 PM - 05/09/08 »
- what OS are you trying this on ?
- did you actually read the readme ?

(I can only talk about the Vista64 U, but I heard of MANY ppl installing w/o any problems on XP and Vista32)

IIRC you do NOT have a "Wireless Controller", only the "Wireless Gaming Receiver" as long as the original MS-drivers are installed.
So you have to "update" the Wireless Gaming receiver. You may have to rightclick "install.inf", then select "install" before you actually update the receiver's driver.

If you`re running Vista (like me) you maybe have a problem with that "unsigned driver not loading hit F8 everytime crap".
If you don't know already, here is how to permanently deactivate signing-checks:

- remove & hide these updates:
  KB932596
  KB938979
  KB938194
  KB941649
  KB943078
  KB943899

- cmd: (admin)
  bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
  (note: the double "D" is not wrong !)

« Last Edit: 02:44 PM - 05/09/08 by XIMul8oR »

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:47 AM - 05/10/08 »
Foolish me. I should have remembered the driver signing bs

Thanks

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:46 AM - 05/11/08 »
Im still having problems...Im using Vista x64 SP1, when i try to update the drivers that are installed by vista with the advanced drivers, it says that the drivers are already up to date. If i uninstall the vista drivers and install the advanced drivers when trying to connect the controller to the receiver, i hold down the connect on top of the receiver and then press the connect button on the controller, the controller will start searching, instead of it connecting, the 4 lights will flash simultaniously and then go out. I know you haven't created the drivers or anything but i figure i would ask here and hope for the best :P

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:24 AM - 05/12/08 »
hmmm ... getting complicated, hard to tell anything w/o seeing anything.

- Do you still have a "wireless GAMING RECEIVER" in your hardware control-panel, or does it read CONTROLLER ?
- Did you right-click the "install.inf" and click "install" before you updated the RECEIVER ?

Dont expect the lights to act like microsoft's ! They do NOT show the same stuff before you actually tell them to in the new driver.
(It has its own light settings)

You will only know if it works, if you can see some numbers changing in the driver's mainpage when you're moving sticks or pressing
buttons ...

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:03 AM - 05/12/08 »
Ok, im a fool turns out that it was working, i just thought that it wasnt because the lights were going out. You're outstanding. Thanks for your help Ximul8or. You are my hero :D One last question, How do i get XAE to receive the commands from the controller? I am able to set up the controller to be identified/seen by XAE but when i press the buttons/mose the sticks on the controller nothing happens

Thanks
« Last Edit: 09:08 AM - 05/12/08 by SkItZo »

Offline XIMul8oR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:59 PM - 05/12/08 »
Nice to hear it works for you now  :)

well, you cant use anything but the left analogue-stick at the moment, because the last released XAE doesn't support
anything else. The new version is "ready", Im just testing it a bit. If everything is fine Ill release it later tonight (or maybe tomorrow, because
I dont have much time today.)

I will not (yet) have input detection, as I wasn't really satisfied with the results, but it does support the 360 wireless Controller & Wheel
directly (when using the alternative drivers) via 1:1 button-mapping, and therefore any other controller using the ~ same layout.

It's possible to map the left/right Triggers (= the Wheel's pedals) to the right-Stick's X or Y-Axis (analogue of course). 

have fun,
XIMul8oR
« Last Edit: 02:04 PM - 05/12/08 by XIMul8oR »

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:40 AM - 05/13/08 »
Nice. Thanks for all the effort and time you put into what you do to assist all of us. Would love to offer my help, but i feel that i would be more of a hinderance than a help. So instead, ill just say thanks again :D