XIM Community

Updating Android Firmware  (Read 1803 times)

Offline AlexHoss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alex Hoss
Updating Android Firmware
« on: 05:29 AM - 02/27/16 »
Hi, I'm attempting to to update the firmware on my XIM4 and Android device so I can use an Xbox One controller with an integrated audio jack.

I have performed a factory reset, and updated the XIM4 to firmware 20160214. I've also downloaded the corresponding android firmware manager update and copied the apk file to a folder onto the SD card on my phone.

However this is as far as I can get, I'm not sure how to trigger the update for the manager software on my phone. I've looked on the forums here and the link people have posted to instructions on how to do this seem to be locked to me.

Apologies in advance for the basic question.

Thanks,
Alex

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Updating Android Firmware
« Reply #1 on: 10:11 AM - 02/27/16 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for listing the steps you've taken. What you can do now is uninstall the Manager from the play store if you've installed it. Go to settings->apps->xim4 manager and click uninstall. Now go to your bluetooth settings if you've paired in the past and remove the XIM4 entry there.

Do you have a file explorer app? If not you can download the APK from your phone and then open your android apps, select the download app and it will open your download folder. Inside you can open the Manager APK file and begin installation. When finished you can then pair with your XIM4 and then locate XIM4 Manager from your list of apps to begin using it.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline AlexHoss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Alex Hoss
« Reply #2 on: 11:09 AM - 02/27/16 »
Hi Mist, I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm first time.

Thanks very much for taking the time to help with this, really appreciate it.

Alex.  :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:21 PM - 02/28/16 »
Great, I'm glad that helped.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos