XIM Community

Rainbow Six Siege Ballistic Curve (Update 27.02.16)  (Read 24259 times)

Offline frankrom

• View Profile
Re: Rainbow Six Siege Ballistic Curve (Update 27.02.16)
« Reply #15 on: 08:43 AM - 03/01/16 »
Firstly... I applaud Katsuru... he helped me with these ballistic curves... and they made a WORLD of a difference... anyone attempting to play R6 needs to use his ballistic curves if they want any chance at using the XIM 4.  However, i cannot say it was a true 1 to 1 but much much better...

NOW SECONDLY......

Hi
I was using version 2 of your curves, i noticed the stuttering when i first started playing, but to tell the truth i just kept it and got on with it, didn't hinder me much at all.
My mouse is A4 Tech 8200 dpi set at 1000mhz polling
I feel that the developers are trying too hard to cram new features into the Xim4 that they have taken the eye off the ball, and a couple of the latest triple a titles that have come out are not translating to a true 1 to 1 experience with the Xim4, according to what the forums read.
Rainbow 6
Halo 5
Black Ops 3
Its not the Xim4 developers fault but how the game companies look mechanic is being designed, i think they need to look into this and find a work around.
Take rainbow 6 Siege, i have friends that only use the controller to play and they are having no issues getting on target and taking down the opposition, but with us using the K/M its an up hill and frustrating issue, this is not how its was meant to translate too, i have being using the Xim since version 2 and up till 6 months ago was very happy with this product, now i'm starting to look around for alternatives on the market. Because we have basicly been told its how the games has been designed we cant do anything about it, so you have to make do.
I'm sorry but for me personally its not good enough.

Honestly... this guy couldn't have said it better... i bought the XIM 4 simply for RAINBOW 6... and to find out it doesn't work that "well" with rainbow 6 is disappointing... makes me feel as if i should just return it to amazon.

With all due respect... as this guy claimed... the developers can claim this is an issue with these new games and how they are made or developed... none the less if games are all going this way and the XIM's answer to it is "well its not our fault" then the product becomes useless.   This is a classic example of having to get with the times and not fall behind. 

I beg the developers to look into this issue for a permanent fix...

Offline frankrom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:31 PM - 03/02/16 »
Hey Katsuru...

I notice I am still having some issues while aiming down sights....

If I am trying to snipe or camping waiting for someone to come and I am trying to line up my corsair in the perfect spot by trying to move pixel by pixel... Or a 1 to 1 ratio I notice there is still a small jump in any direction while aiming down sights. 

I am new to the xim 4 and have no idea what a ballistic curve even is... What settings can I adjust to try to make the move a bit smoother in situations like this...

I don't really have any issues except while aiming down sights....

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:53 PM - 03/02/16 »
Hey Katsuru...

I notice I am still having some issues while aiming down sights....

If I am trying to snipe or camping waiting for someone to come and I am trying to line up my corsair in the perfect spot by trying to move pixel by pixel... Or a 1 to 1 ratio I notice there is still a small jump in any direction while aiming down sights. 

I am new to the xim 4 and have no idea what a ballistic curve even is... What settings can I adjust to try to make the move a bit smoother in situations like this...

I don't really have any issues except while aiming down sights....

mh thats weird, I tried to keep micro aiming as smooth as it can get with my ballistic curve. I will try to reproduce the situation on my setup tomorrow when I arrive home and see if I can feel the "jump". I will report back to you then.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:34 PM - 03/02/16 »
Follow the setup instructions here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43775.0#post_R6S

Note that one of these steps needs to be done each time you start the game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline frankrom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:47 PM - 03/02/16 »
Mist.... You keep telling me to follow those instructions in a few different threads.... I've indicated numerous times I have and I do every time I start the game.....

Katsuru... Thanks keep me posted.... Trust me your curve is a world of a difference but sometimes I feel as if it still isn't a true 1:1 and wanted to move the corsair slightly to a perfect spot to grab that headshot as someone comes around the corner can be challenging at times...

Can you advise which settings on the curve I have to adjust to make adjustments to this "feel"

Thx kat

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07:29 PM - 03/02/16 »
Sorry, I guess I didn't notice your username. I'm not sure why you are experiencing that. What you have described could definitely happen if you don't use and apply the setup instructions at each launch but if you've done that then it should be a smooth experience aside from turning and the occasional stutter.

Out of curiosity does it feel that way in hip or ads? both? I wonder if the look mechanic is tweaked when aiming down sight using some sights/scopes.

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:15 AM - 03/04/16 »
Hey Frank,

I tried to reproduce your pixel jumping situation, but I can't do it, my g502 tracks every micro movement very accurate.

Do you maybe have the chance to try R6 with a G502 mouse?

OneLunGAK

« Reply #22 on: 12:01 AM - 03/05/16 »
Can anyone tell me why when I copy and paste those curves into my xim manager on android it gives me an up and down ballistic curve instead of whats in the picture?  Just got my XIM today so still learning it...

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:36 AM - 03/05/16 »
Can anyone tell me why when I copy and paste those curves into my xim manager on android it gives me an up and down ballistic curve instead of whats in the picture?  Just got my XIM today so still learning it...

Welcome to the family!

You are using an Old Firmware of Xim, thats why you can't use this ballistic curve.

Visit this link: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=77.0 and update your firmware.

Warning!!: If you are using iOs to manage your Xim use    
XIM4 Manager and Firmware version 20160121 only !

The newer version only works with Android at the moment.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:42 AM - 03/05/16 »
Thanks, katsuru.

In addition, if you paste a curve and it appears to zigzag the reason is that it uses the new code format which is not compatible with your firmware. If you see a zigzag curve like this do not save your config. This could corrupt your firmware and you will lose your configs. It's recommended that you update to a newer build to use these curves and many new features. iOS users should update to 0121, Android and PC users should update to 0214.

OneLunGAK

« Reply #25 on: 02:32 PM - 03/05/16 »
I updated my firmware and manager an all is good now!

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:59 AM - 03/07/16 »
Great  :)

Leave some feedback on the curve if you can!

Offline frankrom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:32 AM - 03/07/16 »
I think after all the hard work by mist and especially katsuru with this curve i should give an update as I consider myself an active R6 player...

I am using this curve without issue again... not sure why i had those jumps before... not really sure... but i always update my game settings after any restart.  It may have been because my sensitivity was too high.  I turned my ADS down and it seems to be flawless....

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:54 AM - 03/07/16 »
great to hear so :)

Offline katsuru

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:44 PM - 03/15/16 »
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Joystick Stuttering [In Progress]
We have seen cases where some users experience a slight stutter while moving their right joystick. We are investigating.
Fix scheduled for Season 2.

Ubi updated the ETA on stuttering fix.

Shall we see a ST review afterwards Mist?