XIM Community

Saitek cyborg command unit  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Swatticus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swatticus
  • PSN ID: Swatticu
Saitek cyborg command unit
« on: 04:03 PM - 02/15/16 »
I've had a saitek cyborg command unit for quite some time and tried to use it with the xim4 but, in the "NOT WORKING" tab on the hardware support says that its not working. is there any fix for non working hardware and if there is any word on if/when some of those will be fixed?

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Saitek cyborg command unit
« Reply #1 on: 03:54 AM - 02/16/16 »
only way is via belkin transfer cable or titan one or cm into pc then into xim with sandhawc
the siatek has never worked with xim3 xim edge or xim4. i used to have one of those it fell to pieces after a few months use

you would be better off with a n52 or orbweaver or g13 bud
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: proulxlaw
« Reply #2 on: 12:56 PM - 07/12/16 »
Will there ever be support for this device?  I have a couple of new ones that I bought.   I realize this is an older device but they work great once programmed.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:03 PM - 07/12/16 »
Have you tried using it after updating to the latest build that improves hardware support?

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=77.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:32 PM - 07/12/16 »
I bought it in May, installed latest firmware at that time for use with ios and it did 1 update recently.  The update started automatically while i was using it.  So, to answer your question, I'm not sure that I am running the latest firmware available.  My biggest (and only) complaint is that it was a bit of a contortion to set it up initially.  Once setup, its performed flawlessly and nicely allowing me to play XBOX ONE games on a console where i have no ability to use the standard controllers like the kids use.  I'll learn those controllers one day but, not today.  The information about firmware seems the same as when I set mine up initially.  Was the update that started automatically actually a firmware update. The Cyborg Command Unit will actually provide much better movement than the Belkin n52te that I use because of the thumb stick.  I've used one before but wore it out and didn't buy another until recently I bought a couple.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:04 PM - 07/12/16 »
The latest firmware was released a couple of days ago and expands hardware support. Give it a try and let us know either here or in the RC feedback thread whether it helps with your saitek issue.

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:51 PM - 08/29/16 »
Any update on this?  Can anyone confirm support for this device?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 02:22 PM - 08/29/16 »
This device should work -- at least my Saitek CCU is now working with our latest Beta drop. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:17 PM - 09/09/16 »
OK. I'll give it a try and post something here once I've had a chance to do so.

Offline BoltAction

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:08 PM - 01/09/17 »
Greeting Xim Community
I've just received my Xim4 unit and wanted to reply specifically to this post as it relates to the Saitek CCU and OBsIV's post; was there something specific you had to do to make the unit work? Is it perhaps a specific model/version that will only work?

I have a Saitek CCU (purchased it several years ago) and although it receives power and an (icon) indication that it is recognized, I am unable to bind any controls to buttons of the unit. I have upgraded/flashed to the most current version for the Xim4 unit (as of Jan 6, 2017) as well as downloading the current version of the Manager (same date). Any input would be appreciated.

PS: Excuse me for resurrecting an old thread  :)

PPS: Also, as I think I know the answer but wanted to clarify...my XBone controller, although specifically made for the XBone (and Windows) is manufactured by pdp (Performance Designed Products). I assume that is an aftermarket product not manufactured by Microsoft(?). Although it plug and plays without a hitch with the XBone, it does nothing when plugged into the Xim4 - no icon in the Manager, no power to the controller. It is a wired controller, using the provided micro/USB cable. Are XBone/Microsoft controllers the only ones that will work with Xim4?

Again, thanks for any response and input/direction.
« Last Edit: 09:20 PM - 01/09/17 by BoltAction »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:01 AM - 01/10/17 »
Yes, only genuine controllers by MS and Sony are supported. Hopefully Obsiv can answer your Saitek CCU question.

Offline BoltAction

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:50 PM - 01/12/17 »
Yes, only genuine controllers by MS and Sony are supported. Hopefully Obsiv can answer your Saitek CCU question.

Thanks Mist

Admin