XIM Community

Rebound g502 (proteus spectrum) keys don't seem to be detected  (Read 6280 times)

Offline viperphish

• View Profile
Hey all,

New to xim4, and new to this forum.

I am using the 20151120 firmware and manager on PC. I did a flash and a factory reset immediately after flashing the new firmware.

I (foolishly) bought a proteus spectrum (instead of the apparently discontinued proteus core) g502 to use with my new xim4. I read the forums and realized that I needed to rebind the buttons on the mouse to other keys (keyboard letters, numpad numbers, etc.). I did this in the logitech gaming software (using the on-board storage), and can verify that the mouse correctly hits those buttons when plugged into a machine that doesn't have the LGS software installed (so, the mouse thinks that it's pressing those keys).

However, when I plug the mouse into the xim4, the manager software doesn't recognize those keypresses when I hit the buttons on the mouse in programming mode. The manager DOES recognize "mouse" buttons though (left, right click, fwd and back buttons, scroll up/down), and it can sense the mouse's movement, so I believe that the mouse is working correctly.

I do believe that the mouse has a different USB hardware ID than the proteus core (because I had an old version of LGS which is known to work with the core g502, but not the spectrum g502. I had to update to program it), however, so if there's a whitelist in the firmware for USB IDs, it may be as simple as adding the new spectrum device ID to the firmware (I'm wondering if the mouse is getting bucketed into the 'generic mouse' driver logic).

Here's the USB ID dump (from a mac, but the pertinent information should be the same):

Product ID:   0xc332
  Vendor ID:   0x046d  (Logitech Inc.)
  Version:   3.00
  Serial Number:   107235673730
  Speed:   Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:   Logitech
  Location ID:   0x14200000 / 21
  Current Available (mA):   1000
  Current Required (mA):   300
  Extra Operating Current (mA):   0

Please let me know if I can provide any additional debugging information. If this is an easy fix, then it'd be great to know :). If not, I can return this one and hunt down a core model, which is known to work :)

Thanks,
ViPERPHiSH

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yes i actually think so too, yesterday a user in the german topic came up with the very same issue
what normally works with the proteus core doesnt work with the newer version
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline viperphish

• View Profile
Also FWIW, I just tried the 20160121 beta (manager+firmware, including a factory reset), and it doesn't help (bummer).

Offline kdm

• View Profile
Hey,

I am the user from the German forum and I actually have the same problem. But this is my second Proteus Spectrum (first one had a problem with the wheel) and I managed it to bind the keys with the first one. I had problems with the three buttons at the left (dpi higher - dpi lower - and the button below these two). Someone told me I should bind these keys with scroll left/right but XIM does not recognize this function as well as functions like volume up/down and many other. So I decided to try many other buttons.....and it worked with two buttons. I swear. I could bind the "dpi higher" button with another key/command so in the game I could bind "reload" to his button. But now there's the problem, with my second proteus spectrum is does NOT work and can you believe, I cannot remember which buttons did work. No chance. I simply forgot it. I did not try all buttons yesterday you have in the LGS pre configured but we have the certainty that it works. Will try more pre configured keys from the LGS and some from the keyboard today and I'm sure we find a solution. Let you when when I have news.

Regards
Christian

Offline viperphish

• View Profile
I can bind the two keys directly above the thumb rest (they show up as 'forward' and 'back' buttons), but the buttons that come stock as:
  * dpi up/down
  * scroll left/right
  * dpi shift
  * profile select

No matter what I remap them to in LGS (letters, numbers, numpad numbers), they aren't recognized by the XIM4. Were you remembering binding the two thumb buttons before?

Offline kdm

• View Profile
The "back" and "forward" button is not the problem. They are recognized from the XIM and I let them standard since my G502 came stock with this configuration.. The problem is to bind the "dpi up/down".

Not yet. Will try again later and let you know ASAP.

Offline kdm

• View Profile
FYI

I have contacted OBsIV(developer of XIM) describing the problem  and we should get an update shortly.

I'll keep you posted.

iNiREALiZED

Just bumping the thread. Hoping to here more information soon.

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
I also bought this mouse, hope a update will follow soon

Offline viperphish

• View Profile
Hate to bump, but bumping for post-holiday-weekend-ness :)

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
Any news on timings ? I can't game as my other mouse broke and I am awaiting support for the new 502

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Support for this mouse is available in our latest beta, 20160214.

Please read the installation and re-pairing instructions in each thread below.
NOTE: iOS users should not upgrade to this firmware unless they are part of our TestFlight.

20160214 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=45301.0
20160214 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=45302.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

iNiREALiZED

Works great! Thanks!

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
Thanks!

Offline futureaudio

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FutureAudio
  • PSN ID: FutureAudio
Hey guys! I'm so glad to hear there is a beta firmware that fixes this compatibility issue with the g502 spectrum. How long will it take for the new iOS manager that is compatible with the latest beta firmware to hit the app store?