XIM Community

G502 Spectrum Keybinding Issue.  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Gloonge
G502 Spectrum Keybinding Issue.
« on: 10:05 PM - 01/22/16 »
I posted this over in general discussion a few days ago, and willthetech was trying his best to assist me but to no avail. He suggested I post the same thing here. SO this is what I posted a few days ago.

"I received my new G502 'Spectrum' in the mail today and was excited to be able to test it out with the Xim tonight. Unfortunately the only buttons that I can get to bind to the Xim are the standard LC/RC, Scroll Up/Down and Middle Click.

I am using the most current RC 20160104, but I was also having the same issue on the previous RC 20151120.
I have all the additional buttons set to send keyboard commands on keys 0-3, and all of my settings are stored in one of the 3 on-board profiles.

From what I can see everyone that has the older 'Core' version are not having issue and are loving the mouse, I am not sure why the newer RGB version should be having any problems."

Since I posted that I have discovered that if i apply typical mouse commands to the affected buttons such as "scroll left, middle click, forward and back" the mouse functions as intended with the Xim. Also if I assign the buttons keyboard inputs and plug the mouse into other computers it will type those assigned letters/numbers into a note pad, so it has to be writing the keybinds to the on-board memory correctly.

So I am sure it has to do with the virtual keyboard on the mouse, and it must differ from that of the 'core' version of it.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: G502 Spectrum Keybinding Issue.
« Reply #1 on: 01:35 AM - 01/23/16 »
Sorry we missed this on the other board. This mouse is likely identified differently compared to the original G502 given it's extra lighting features. We will need to add support for it.

Can you do us a big favor and plug it into your PC and run: http://cloud.xim4.com/Debug/usbview.exe. Click on it in the list and PM me the result. That will help us a lot.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:28 AM - 01/23/16 »
Sorry we missed this on the other board. This mouse is likely identified differently compared to the original G502 given it's extra lighting features. We will need to add support for it.

Can you do us a big favor and plug it into your PC and run: http://cloud.xim4.com/Debug/usbview.exe. Click on it in the list and PM me the result. That will help us a lot.

I will do that as soon as I get home from work today OBsIV. Thanks

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:24 PM - 01/23/16 »
I sent the requested screen shot.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 06:21 PM - 01/23/16 »
Thanks for that. I'll check soon on what's going on.

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:19 PM - 01/23/16 »
Thanks again OBsIV.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 08:07 PM - 01/23/16 »
Ok, fix for this mouse will be included in the next Beta.

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:04 PM - 01/23/16 »
Awesome! I was really hoping I would not have to return this thing. Question is, I when will the next beta release  :P

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #8 on: 12:41 PM - 01/24/16 »
How about Zowie mice obsiv?

Offline shangsphere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:35 AM - 01/26/16 »
I also bought the same mouse (G502 spectrum) and G7/G8 buttons are not map-able (in the XIM4 manager app, they won't be listened, always showing "listening" and nothing...)

Offline Gloonge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:44 AM - 01/26/16 »
I also bought the same mouse (G502 spectrum) and G7/G8 buttons are not map-able (in the XIM4 manager app, they won't be listened, always showing "listening" and nothing...)

OBsIV is working on the fix and it will be added to the next beta release,  for the time being you can reclaim 2 of your buttons by setting them to "back"  and "forward"  under mouse controls in the Logitech software.

You can also use the commands "scroll left" and "scroll right" but they are pretty unresponsive and require the button to be held for a few seconds to execute the command.

Offline shangsphere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:58 PM - 01/26/16 »

OBsIV is working on the fix and it will be added to the next beta release,  for the time being you can reclaim 2 of your buttons by setting them to "back"  and "forward"  under mouse controls in the Logitech software.

You can also use the commands "scroll left" and "scroll right" but they are pretty unresponsive and require the button to be held for a few seconds to execute the command.

Thanks a lot

Offline MathiasIvey

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MathiasIvey
« Reply #12 on: 09:12 AM - 02/01/16 »
U can assign a standard keyboard button with logitech gaming software and it work

Offline Caram3l-B3ar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:58 AM - 02/28/16 »
Hello:

I'm having an issue with a key bind when playing FPS games like COD Advanced Warefare or Black Ops 3. I try to assign my right button to specifically zoom only; however, when I press the button the melee action starts and then the zoom takes effect right after. I've checked my assigned buttons on the XIM4 manager on my android device and everything checks out. I'm really confused as to why this is happening. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using the Logitech G502. Sorry for not attaching that earlier.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:07 PM - 02/28/16 »
You may not be using the default in-game button layout.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos