XIM Community

The Division Beta 1/29 - 1/31/16  (Read 33302 times)

Offline weugene

• View Profile
Re: The Division Beta 1/29 - 1/31/16
« Reply #75 on: 08:04 PM - 01/29/16 »
Guys, i need help here. I primarily use Xim for Destiny. Now that i've created a new profile for Division (using Splinter Cell  ST), the config keeps switching back to Destiny after 30 seconds of the new profile being loaded.

Any idea why this is happening?

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
« Reply #76 on: 08:51 PM - 01/29/16 »
Guys, i need help here. I primarily use Xim for Destiny. Now that i've created a new profile for Division (using Splinter Cell  ST), the config keeps switching back to Destiny after 30 seconds of the new profile being loaded.

Any idea why this is happening?
Maybe you have hotkey for loading destiny configuration and you keep selecting it?

Offline Ffan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09:36 PM - 01/29/16 »
Okay, so for anyone still struggling with the "wheel-select" here. I'm sure some of you had the same thought already, but I worked out a solution that I'm happy with actually. It's easy enough really ... I had 3 unused keys left on my G502: The two to the left of the left-click "fire" mouse button and the lower-front (somewhat less convenient to reach) thumb button.

Now, what I did, in simple terms:
I mapped the tumb-button to one key, "X" in my case. I mapped turn-assist to said "X". Next, I mapped one of the two left of "fire" buttons to another key, "E" in my case. I then mapped "E" to nades" aka digi-pad left in the Xim profile. I did the same for the other left of "fire" button, just now for for "Q" and consumables (digi-pad right). Easy enough right? Now, I went back to windows and created simple macros, inputing E X E X and Q X Q X for the respective two left of "fire" buttons ... and that was that, as they say.
I tried it in Division and it works like a charm, after all it's mindnumbingly easy. When I hold the "E" left of fire button I can select nades with the mouse without problems, when I hold the "Q" left of fire button I can select consumables with the mouse without problems. If I only press the keys shortly, I can throw nades or quickly use meds. Best of all, I can do this without taking my thumb away from the NAV joystick for movement even for a second.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar hardware setup, who is still confused about how to make those pesky "wheel-selects" work like a charm. For me, that "wheel-select" works actually really good now :-D

Offline Shae

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 02:43 AM - 01/30/16 »
How well would you say the look and aim mechanics work with a mouse on the xim4 in this game? For example I thought GTA V was extremely bad, where as Destiny works great for the most part. Where on that scale would you put division? I know there is no dedicated ST yet, but just going by initial impressions.

Offline name294

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 03:31 AM - 01/30/16 »
How well would you say the look and aim mechanics work with a mouse on the xim4 in this game? For example I thought GTA V was extremely bad, where as Destiny works great for the most part. Where on that scale would you put division? I know there is no dedicated ST yet, but just going by initial impressions.

This is all just my personal opinion, but on the PS4, I would say the Division beta aim and look mechanic is kinda bad and fairly choppy and not smooth at all, not just with the mouse and keyboard, but also with the controller a bit as well. Even using the analog stick sometimes I get a bit of choppy aim every now and then. With the M&KB, I feel the max sensitivity settings in the game could be higher, so making wide spins is a bit slow. Also when aiming down a rifle scope equipped weapon with a mouse, the sensitivity is super slow, so sniping was  tough.

All in all, I'm not sure if using a xim4 gives us a big advantage in the division beta. One method I have found to work nicely with the xim4 is if you are given the chance, rush up to your opposing player and fight them at very close range. Do not aim down weapon, just fire from the hip (that way you don't lose movement speed) and strafe left and right like mad and/or make circle around them. Some controller players do not have a very high sensitivity so they can't turn fast enough or they will struggle to hit you strafing with their analog stick. And since your using a mouse, use the high sensitivity precision to your advantage and you should be able to hit them pointblank from the hip while on the move.

Again, this is all just my personal take on the beta. I'd like to know what other xim4 users think of the aim mechanics of this game. Also, since this is just a beta, they might iron out the choppy aim in the full release and we'll be able to play with an official Divison ST. Applying the Splinter Cell Blacklist ST helps, as recommended by Od1n :)

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #80 on: 04:04 AM - 01/30/16 »
So this is my second chance to play this game, having been part of the alpha test, and I have to say this beta feels and looks much better. Certainly the graphics are sharper than the alpha.

As far as my chosen ST, I finally settled for the bf4 one, I had used the halo 5 ST in the alpha and it was ok, but in the beta when ADS the look felt choppy, I don't get that with the bf4 ST. It seems as there's a reduction in the vertical look mechanic, so had to weak my xy axis to compensate. With a tweak to the ADS sensitivity my hip and ADS speed felt the same, which in my book is a must when transitioning between the two. Sniping felt spot on, with the ability to micro adjust my aim.

The darkzone experience was fun once you played with the mentality that everyone in there is going to shoot you in the back, trust no-one seemed to the the way to survive. Which in some ways ruined it for me, hope that there's a better penalty given to those that choose to go rogue.

Offline JerryHatrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 06:16 AM - 01/30/16 »
Ok so maybe a dumb question but if I use the SC translator(using destiny atm) how do I assign the touchpad given its a PS3 ST?

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 07:49 AM - 01/30/16 »
Ok so maybe a dumb question but if I use the SC translator(using destiny atm) how do I assign the touchpad given its a PS3 ST?

The touchpad is the second one up from the bottom.

Offline Shae

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05:27 PM - 01/30/16 »

This is all just my personal opinion, but on the PS4, I would say the Division beta aim and look mechanic is kinda bad and fairly choppy and not smooth at all, not just with the mouse and keyboard, but also with the controller a bit as well. Even using the analog stick sometimes I get a bit of choppy aim every now and then. With the M&KB, I feel the max sensitivity settings in the game could be higher, so making wide spins is a bit slow. Also when aiming down a rifle scope equipped weapon with a mouse, the sensitivity is super slow, so sniping was  tough.

All in all, I'm not sure if using a xim4 gives us a big advantage in the division beta. One method I have found to work nicely with the xim4 is if you are given the chance, rush up to your opposing player and fight them at very close range. Do not aim down weapon, just fire from the hip (that way you don't lose movement speed) and strafe left and right like mad and/or make circle around them. Some controller players do not have a very high sensitivity so they can't turn fast enough or they will struggle to hit you strafing with their analog stick. And since your using a mouse, use the high sensitivity precision to your advantage and you should be able to hit them pointblank from the hip while on the move.

Again, this is all just my personal take on the beta. I'd like to know what other xim4 users think of the aim mechanics of this game. Also, since this is just a beta, they might iron out the choppy aim in the full release and we'll be able to play with an official Divison ST. Applying the Splinter Cell Blacklist ST helps, as recommended by Od1n :)

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I might be better off getting it on PC, as slow and sluggish controls are a dealbreaker for me. What FPS is Division running at on the PS4, does anyone know?
« Last Edit: 04:32 AM - 01/31/16 by Shae »

Offline name294

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 06:58 PM - 01/30/16 »
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I might be better off getting it on PC, as slow and controls are a dealbreaker for me. What FPS is Division running at on the PS4, does anyone know?

Locked in at 30 FPS for both Xbox and PS4, I believe was what developers have officially stated

I'd listen to other people's personal opinions before settling with a choice, since I am someone who is very picky with smooth and fast aim. I'm sure there are some people on this forum who do not have a problem with the division beta's aiming
« Last Edit: 07:07 PM - 01/30/16 by name294 »

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 07:00 PM - 01/30/16 »

According to digitalfoundry it's fps target is 30. https://youtu.be/nBC3odtMRU0
Xim Apex + Hori Mini Wired gamepad
Glorious Model O + Logitech G915
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline Shae

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 04:34 AM - 01/31/16 »
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like I might be better off getting it on PC, as slow and controls are a dealbreaker for me. What FPS is Division running at on the PS4, does anyone know?

Locked in at 30 FPS for both Xbox and PS4, I believe was what developers have officially stated

I'd listen to other people's personal opinions before settling with a choice, since I am someone who is very picky with smooth and fast aim. I'm sure there are some people on this forum who do not have a problem with the division beta's aiming

Like you I am also very picky, I'm quite a competitive player and if the game doesn't do what I want it to I quickly get frustrated. So far it's been quite smooth on the PC, so I may just end up getting it there.

Offline koltregaskes

• View Profile
    • KolTregaskes.com
  • Gamertag: koltregaskes
  • PSN ID: koltregaskes
« Reply #87 on: 05:24 AM - 01/31/16 »
This is my ST for The Division (PS4).  I used the BF4 ST as a starter then tweaked the buttons.  I hope it's all contained in the code below but basically what I did was create 3 activations ()is that the right term?) for the 3 menus (ammo, emojis and the other one I can't remember what :-)),   I'm using the G502 mouse and Orbweaver keypad and use the D-stick on the Orbweaver for the menus, so when I press UArrow, DArrow or RArrow I can use the WASD keys to select the menu items, which I've setup under Keyboard/Advanced (right stick).  It's not perfect but I can't think of a better way:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [The Division] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

The only problem I'm having atm is the look sensitivity when running.  I've tried to have another activation for when I tap the run button to increase sensitivity but I don't think I've quite got it set up properly.  Any advice on this is most welcome and any suggestions on the starter ST would be welcome too.

I have access to the PC version as well and the key bindings on that are like a flight sim.  I rather copy my XIM4 setup across to that as I don't need to look down at my controls any more.
Kol

Offline Qalisto

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07:50 PM - 01/31/16 »
Where exactly is the turn assist?
I looked at every options 1 by 1 a countless amount of time and I can't seem to find it.
And I found no tutorial that shows how to set a turn assist key.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks!

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #89 on: 08:46 PM - 01/31/16 »
Be very careful getting this game for PC.  Apparently, almost EVERYTHING about this game is stored client-side..... which will make cheating common-place on PC.

Admin