XIM Community

'The Boost Brothers' BO3 Curve  (Read 17247 times)

Offline Constantine

• View Profile
Re: 'The Boost Brothers' BO3 Curve
« Reply #45 on: 10:50 AM - 01/17/16 »
I'm not sure how some are claiming this feels more like PC when these settings are really optimizing AA. By optimizing, I mean making AA as strong as possible. PC has no AA!

I can see why some people may like the feel of these settings, well actually I can't, but for the sake of argument, these settings will make AA feel like a SUPER magnet at times. Of course that partially depends on how fast you and the target are traversing around. The best thing I found for this setup was for spamming targets lol ...

You can spam ADS and often find where enemies are hiding because your aim slows down over them. So I get the just of why you're settings are what they are. That slow decline with boost helps magnetize targets, then the acceleration helps break the magnet effect to try and track the target. It all sounds good, but man this setup would take some getting used to and even then it's really inconsistent and hard to build muscle memory with. Throw in inconsistent connections and variances in lag, and this feels like the perfect storm almost!

If you like AA, this setup can be helpful. But it's not like it pulls you directly on the target. It magnetizes the target, then you have to break that magnetic feeling to try to stay on the target. That's where this setup falters, that magnetic bearer seems to fluctuate and is really hard to consistently overcome and compensate for without getting either stuck behind the target (just outside the hit box) or over shooting the target. Again. you can get used to anything I suppose but man what a learning curve you've created here, good grief. Not to mention the chaos that ensues when multiple targets are on screen. If those targets are going in opposite directions you're pretty much screwed.

Anyways, you wanted me to try it. So I did. That's my conclusion. I can see a few pluses, mainly ADS Spamming. But I personally can't play like this, not to say others can't. It's whatever floats your boat and mine sank like a tank.

One thing I will say, this isn't like PC at all. Where's the AA in PC, oh wait, there isn't any.  ???

You get a little of that snap feeling compared to the Vanilla ST, but if you wanted that you should just add boost and get rid of that deceleration.

Man this is a whacked out way to play. If the vanilla ST felt like this XIM would be an after thought and the majority here would be up in arms about it.

But hey, to each their own right? I do respect the fact that you take the time to create a different experience (make it your own). That takes time and effort. I can tell you're learning from your mistakes as well and your settings reflect that.

That's the beauty about XIM, it allows for lots and lots of creativity. Sometimes almost too much, if there is such a thing.

Agree with you 100%, that's what I was trying to say but just didn't explain it as well as you did. Saying this curve feels like PC makes me laugh.
Xim4 Latest/PS4
Monitor = Asus VG236H
Keyboard = G105
Mouse = G502 - 12k DPI, 1000 PR
Angle Snapping - Off/Acceleration - Off
Mouse pad = G440 hard - Surface tuning on
Vanilla ST = No curves/No boost/No Steady Aim.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11:13 AM - 01/17/16 »
@RML I felt the exact same way, with the stock ADS speed of 2.75 I felt like the ADS just wasn't fast enough.  Bump up that ads to about 4 or even 5 and watch a major difference.

Yeah I only used 2.7 for a couple of games as well. I tried various speeds, think I ended at around 5-6. I understand some of you like that "snap" feel that the acceleration tries to create, for me it just made it feel unstable. It's like adding timed acceleration and you're not exactly sure when it's going to kick in. I do believe you can adapt to it, I just don't see a reason to want to do that. Unless you like spamming ADS. I don't and I also don't like a lot of AA, so this setup is like the complete opposite of what I would try to create. Like I said though, kudo's to anyone that takes the time to create something like this. I've never had a problem with Balls except when he starts throwing up a bunch of scores and trys to take advantage of noobs by asking them to pay for his settings.

At the end of the day, there are ALOT of good players here. Some use curves, some don't. But we can all post pics of ridiculous scores and try to convince everyone that our settings are pure gold.

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #47 on: 03:45 PM - 01/17/16 »
ok i tried this thing for my snipes

I had a curve I config I used when I was learning to snipe on this game around the begining

gotta say this is a bit better though....

41-16 first game sniping with this config.... ps4 btw
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #48 on: 03:46 PM - 01/17/16 »
was just running around mindlessly btw quickscoping fools coulda died less I bet
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian