XIM Community

2.4 factor seems to be a 3.9  (Read 5664 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
2.4 factor seems to be a 3.9
« on: 11:57 PM - 01/01/16 »
I measured revelation per minute for ADS and hip at full stick deflection. The turn speed on insane is not measurable you cant see how often you turn at full stick deflection. So what I did is set the game speed to 1 assuming the speed difference on insane would be the same for 1 and 14 insane, which is 99% the case.
So I measured 16.75 turns on hip per minute and 4.25 on ADS which makes it a 3.9.
It really feels the ADS delay is completely gone to 0 but of course a speed difference of almost 4 times is quite hefty.
Crusade atm: none

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
Re: 2.4 factor seems to be a 3.9
« Reply #1 on: 06:49 AM - 01/02/16 »
You really should have watch the vid I did on it roads when me and YEESH_DALE where fighting the good fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMngq2fCCrw

I did say this months ago hehehe.

The problem is it changes depending on whats happening. Hence why I tried to explain it like a cone. With 2.4 being close enough to the center to work.  I think I ended up saying 3.7 was the ideal number. But the difference between hip and ADS was much to high.

But all of this is mute for myself now as I much prefer progressive delay, I still not sure why you don't it works perfect for myself.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline sfhs5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:51 AM - 01/02/16 »
You really should have watch the vid I did on it roads when me and YEESH_DALE where fighting the good fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMngq2fCCrw

I did say this months ago hehehe.

The problem is it changes depending on whats happening. Hence why I tried to explain it like a cone. With 2.4 being close enough to the center to work.  I think I ended up saying 3.7 was the ideal number. But the difference between hip and ADS was much to high.

But all of this is mute for myself now as I much prefer progressive delay, I still not sure why you don't it works perfect for myself.

progressive delay with one st?

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:55 AM - 01/02/16 »

What ? no. If your using 1 ST you have no need for a delay at all.

You just set the 20151120 FW and set a delay that you like ( I use 184 )  and your away. I never feel the need to change it no matter what gun I load.

Offline sfhs5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:57 AM - 01/02/16 »

What ? no. If your using 1 ST you have no need for a delay at all.

You just set the 20151120 FW and set a delay that you like ( I use 184 )  and your away. I never feel the need to change it no matter what gun I load.

oh, i just thought u wanted to slow down your ads since i think you said you preferred one st, and then u said u like progressive delay.

184?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:10 AM - 01/02/16 »
Yeah OK I missed that one in my timeout. Wasnít really a sticky :)

The problem is it changes depending on whats happening.

Now what do you mean by this? It doesnít change in game. "Whats happening" would be to load another game. Its stays the same througout the game.

What I would find great if, after the number is known there would be a checkbox in the XIM app that would do the calculation.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:24 AM - 01/02/16 »
Velocity plays a factor.

Its been a while since I ran the tests but if i remember rightly if you run that test I used at a slow speed and find the number ( ie 3.9 ) then run the same test but at a higher turn speed the number will be a bit different.

Obs did state that from what he could see at a "code" level of the ST's 3.7 was as close to the "center" as we would get but that it moves depending on the Velocity of the movement or something. All too over my head I am sure, But I trust what he says and from my own testing I came to much the same conclusion.

What I ending up doing is going back to 2.4 because it worked 80% of the time and at the time that was better than setting 1 delay for 1 weapon and having to change it every time.

But now we have progressive delay and it works 95% of the time and I never have to change anything and my Hip and ADS difference can be what ever I want it to be.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:31 AM - 01/02/16 »
If there is a difference then itís a glitch in the smart translator if I may say. The game turns 3.x faster in hip in any stick deflection. Something Obs should check.
OK will give progressive a go again.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:42 AM - 01/02/16 »
Velocity plays a factor.

This..

If there is a difference then itís a glitch in the smart translator if I may say.

I very much doubt this.

You should heed AP, he is on the ball wit this.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:55 AM - 01/02/16 »
Its not true just cause we like AP. If the game was velocity dependent from ads to hip I would call it crooked or damaged. So it must be the ST.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:01 AM - 01/02/16 »
I will say I have not run the tests in BLOP3 yet......

I only did it on AW and ghosts. and I think it was in ghosts I found it to be 3.7 ....

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:04 AM - 01/02/16 »
AP you did not find velocity dependant factor, did you. I redid your test and there was no difference between slow turn assist turn and fast turn.
The guys here think that depending on how fast you turn the factor should be different, which is not the case.

turn slow= factor 3.6
turn fast = factor 3.9

thatís not the case

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:13 AM - 01/02/16 »
I did get the inconsistencies with my tests yes

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:54 AM - 01/02/16 »
yeah AP measured this quite some while ago, its somewhere between 3,3 and 3,9 depending on your sensitivity was the outcome i think
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:01 AM - 01/02/16 »
This search for perfection just gives u a sour taste.  The methods at hand now are extremely close and r all usable in their own right that u shud b able to choose one and just have fun. 

You dont need to question each time u die on it being the device/configs fault just relax and move on and remember to have fun