XIM Community

Does it work?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
Does it work?
« on: 11:34 AM - 12/29/15 »
Hi,
i have a question. I stream my game to my computer over the network ( i got still a native hdmi picture input from xbox with a splitter ).

If u buy this: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002NTIZCG?colid=LU7LWXGS7MMS&coliid=I37L3XBUUXA04Y&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

And put my keyboard and mouse into the KVM adapter, without a screen, plug the KVM into my computer and the XIM4, and the xim 4 in my computer too, it should work that i can swap between computer and xbox mode with just a press ? Or did i need to plug in a Screen to, that the KVM will work ?

If this will work i would buy it. My XIM 4 will arrive on 31. so I want to know if i can buy it or not.
Thanks for your help.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Does it work?
« Reply #1 on: 12:49 PM - 12/29/15 »
I think people have used this KVM before, but, it's good to confirm like you are doing.

You'll need to upgrade to latest if you are going to use a KVM as there have been fixes around that.

The latest build is 20151120 please follow the installation and pairing (or re-pairing) instructions in each thread below.

201501120 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43238.0
201501120 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43239.0

Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:51 AM - 12/30/15 »
Thank you very much :).
I bought it and will setup the xim and kvm tomorrow :).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:05 PM - 12/30/15 »
I'm sorry, I didn't intend for that to mean you should buy the KVM. I think you should get a positive confirmation from another forum member that has used it before going forward with it.

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:29 AM - 12/31/15 »
Well no problem, i will test it when my xim4 arrives, if it don't works i will send it back ;).
Unfortunately my package with the xim4 won't arrive till 04.01-05.01. ADZ Shop needet with a Expess delivery very long.. I bought it at the 24.... The Package handed over to fedex yesterday... I won't ever buy anything more there...
Well i will post again when i got the xim4, if the KVM works for the other ppl here.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 12:15 PM - 12/31/15 »
Thank you, looking forward to hearing what you find.

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:42 AM - 01/04/16 »
I recieved it today, added the new firmware, and the new manager version, paired it. plugged everything in. It shows me everything ( mouse, keyboard, controller, xbox one ) But, if i press a key, it dont appear in the app, if im ingame it does nothing, i can use the controller plugged in in the xim and it works, but keyboard and mouse wont work.. if i change the LED Color to green and save, its still breathing RED. What do i do wrong ? :/
i have a cherry mx board 3.0 and a steelseries rival. if i plug the steelseries out still no input from the keyboard just to test :o... And btw. the lights on the keyboard and mouse are ON, so they should have power from the xim.

---- got it
i used another USB Port in my computer, now it seems to work.

----- edit 2
Everything works perfect i asume, will se it in some tests.
Here is my Setup:

-> Xbox ONE HDMI -> Splitter -> TV and Computer Monitor
-> Mouse and Keyboard plugged into the KVM Adapter as posted ahead, KVM is plugged into Computer and XIM4

If i Play Xbox, i start Xbox App at Windows 10, start Game Streaming, Swap Monitor Input, Press the KVM key.
Now i can use XIM with my keyboard, and mouse, i also can use my computer headset and my computer monitor.
Like this i also can STREAM to Twitch everything on a prof. Level! ( with Webcam, Donation Sounds, Chat overlay & so on )

-- conclusion
i find out that this thing is absolute awesome, it's a game changer. it's not like a native mouse, but it done everything awesome when u keep it in mind that u cant be faster then a controller could be. I played 3 Games with it and im allready a beast in R6:Siege, allways scoreboard leader, allways incredible stats. Well let me say that i played fps games like counterstrike on computer on a semi-professional level ;) ( 5on5 ladder top 5, aseries etc ).
What i wanna say, this thing is the best shopping i ever done, and i dont regret it one moment!
« Last Edit: 08:11 AM - 01/04/16 by darki2k »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 10:03 AM - 01/04/16 »
I'm glad to hear you are happy with your XIM4. :)

The port that wasn't working for you -- could you tell us if it was a USB3 port?

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:37 AM - 01/04/16 »
Yes, my Mainboard has 4 USB 3.0 Ports. 2 Upper and 2 lower, i put it into the lower one first, i think the lower slots maybe have less power?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 01:10 PM - 01/04/16 »
Ok, that's odd. I'd be curious (if you were to get a chance) to try out a different cable with that port.

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:21 PM - 01/04/16 »
sure, i can try it, with the one of my smartphone tomorrow, i will write when i tested it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 05:32 PM - 01/04/16 »
Perfect -- thanks a lot for your help!

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:26 AM - 01/05/16 »
Still the same issue. I have another thing, when i have everything plugged in into my computer and start it up, i cant get my xbox one controller connected ( ON ), its full charged. I remove the Cable of the XIM4 from my Computer, plug it in again, it boots up and the controller is working, is it normal?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 12:42 PM - 01/05/16 »
Just to clarify, you plug in your XIM4 (with X1 controller connected to your XIM4) into you PC and your X1 controller doesn't work. But, if you re-plug your XIM4 (with X1 controller connected to your XIM4) into your PC it does work?

Offline darki2k

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:14 PM - 01/05/16 »
To make it clear:

Computer is off, everything plugged in -> starting computer, xim boots with computer, in the manager everyrhing is visible ( keyboard mouse controller ) but the controller is off, if i try to start the controller it searches for a Wireless connection it turns off, if i plug the controller out of the xim and plug it in again it won't work too, ghe controller didnt stay on like its got not really a connection to the xim.

Now the computer is on. Everything is plugged in, i plug out the xim from the computer and plug it in again, xim boots up and after that everything works fine.
« Last Edit: 05:18 PM - 01/05/16 by darki2k »

Admin