XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 PS4 - Blinking Yellow Light + Mouse Disconnect  (Read 16060 times)

Offline taeo920

• View Profile
Hi,

I've had my XIM4 and PS4 for about a month now - no problems whatsoever with Star Wars Battlefront. However I'm having an intermittent problem over the past few days as I have tried to play Destiny. The mouse will randomly disconnect in the middle of play and the XIM4 will display a blinking yellow light. The pattern is simply two yellow flashes and then it restarts. The only way to get my mouse to reconnect is to power cycle the XIM4 by unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in.

I couldn't find any other mentions of a similar error pattern. It does not appear to be a power fault as there is no red light in the pattern, there are no lightning symbols in the manager ( iOS ), and both the keyboard and PS4 controller still work just fine.

Any ideas? :-(
« Last Edit: 06:18 PM - 12/27/15 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 PS4 - Blinking Yellow Light + Mouse Disconnect
« Reply #1 on: 06:18 PM - 12/27/15 »
Welcome to the community. The yellow blinks signal a device issue in the corresponding port. It flashes the port number three times. Port one will have three sets of one yellow flash, port 2 will have three sets of two yellow flashes and so on. It does sound like there is an issue with your mouse if it's disconnecting. Which mouse are you using?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline taeo920

• View Profile
Ahh gotcha. The mouse is indeed in the 2nd port. It's an old Logitech G5. I'll swap mice with my PC for a bit and see what happens.

Thanks!

Offline qyv

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 PS4 - Blinking Yellow Light + Mouse Disconnect
« Reply #3 on: 06:33 PM - 01/05/16 »
Welcome to the community. The yellow blinks signal a device issue in the corresponding port. It flashes the port number three times. Port one will have three sets of one yellow flash, port 2 will have three sets of two yellow flashes and so on. It does sound like there is an issue with your mouse if it's disconnecting. Which mouse are you using?

wanted to stop in and say thanks for this thread... it's the only one I saw referring to yellow blink codes and it helped me troubleshoot a problem with my port 3

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'm glad it helped you. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SanchoPansen

• View Profile
Oh, this is exactly what I am looking for. I have the same issue when playing on my PS4.
I am using a PS3 Move Nav on port 2 and the XIM4 either stops working (blinking yellow twice) or the Move Nav acts weird and keeps on 'running' forward (pushing the analog stick up). Is this a common issue with the Move Nav? I use it wired to the XIM4, as I've read that using it wireless may cause some issues.
The strange thing about this: I used to play many hours with the exact same setup without any troubles and I didn't change a thing. This just started 2 days ago. Any suggestions?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It could be your cable or physical connection on the Nav. Wireless should be solid -- especially on latest builds. Are you having difficulty with it?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline qyv

• View Profile
try switching the cable if that's easy.   My problem than I referred to above wound up being just a bad USB cable.. it looks and works perfectly fine on other devices but my XIM was saying problem on port 3 so I swapped for a different cable and not a single crash since.
worth a try at least :)

Oh, this is exactly what I am looking for. I have the same issue when playing on my PS4.
I am using a PS3 Move Nav on port 2 and the XIM4 either stops working (blinking yellow twice) or the Move Nav acts weird and keeps on 'running' forward (pushing the analog stick up). Is this a common issue with the Move Nav? I use it wired to the XIM4, as I've read that using it wireless may cause some issues.
The strange thing about this: I used to play many hours with the exact same setup without any troubles and I didn't change a thing. This just started 2 days ago. Any suggestions?

Offline Holywang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Haven't got one yet
Tried changing a couple of buttons around and saw that not all my mouse buttons were working so I unplugged key board and tried just the mouse, this worked almost like it finally had enough juice! Then I plugged keyboard back in and yellow blinking started now after 15 mins of trying Brande new cords/ trying dif USB ports / plugging one thing in at a time to xim ....I still can't get all this working. The yellow blinking has gone away but now my keyboard won't turn on at all....help?!!!

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Tried changing a couple of buttons around and saw that not all my mouse buttons were working so I unplugged key board and tried just the mouse, this worked almost like it finally had enough juice! Then I plugged keyboard back in and yellow blinking started now after 15 mins of trying Brande new cords/ trying dif USB ports / plugging one thing in at a time to xim ....I still can't get all this working. The yellow blinking has gone away but now my keyboard won't turn on at all....help?!!!

Do you have another topic under Support? If not, could you post one so we can help you better?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
This happens to me when i'm using my usb switch to move my mouse and keyboard from one xim to another xim...but only randomly as if it only happens when the xim is in the middle of communication

Offline wcmaxi

• View Profile
Hi,

I've had my XIM4 and PS4 for about a month now - no problems whatsoever with Star Wars Battlefront. However I'm having an intermittent problem over the past few days as I have tried to play Destiny. The mouse will randomly disconnect in the middle of play and the XIM4 will display a blinking yellow light. The pattern is simply two yellow flashes and then it restarts. The only way to get my mouse to reconnect is to power cycle the XIM4 by unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in.

I couldn't find any other mentions of a similar error pattern. It does not appear to be a power fault as there is no red light in the pattern, there are no lightning symbols in the manager ( iOS ), and both the keyboard and PS4 controller still work just fine.

Any ideas? :-(
For reference I'm having this same issue with Destiny only. I haven't counted the flashing lights yet. Thankfully it doesn't seem to cut out during matches, but cuts out when the matches transition back to menues.

Admin