XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Logitech G710 (Non plus) is not compatible (IS COMPATIBLE)  (Read 842 times)

Offline ZayaFTW

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ZayaFTW
Please go easy on me as I am clearly not a hardware guru. I had gotten a G13 Gamepad for Christmas and it works perfectly fine, but I can't seem to use it very well, and the learning curve is a little much for me. So I ran out to Walmart today to buy a regular gaming keyboard, saw this pretty one, and without looking much into it snagged it up. Of course upon returning I realized I had one usb port for my two that came with the keyboard. Now a little frustrated I am fairly sure I cannot use my keyboard with the xim4 as it only provides one port for the keyboard. and so I will have to return it. If you have any way you can put this on the non compatibility list, it would be appreciated so that others do not waste their time or money. Or if you have a magical fix to my problem, that'd be ideal. Thanks, Zaya.
« Last Edit: 01:17 PM - 12/26/15 by ZayaFTW »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Logitech G710 (Non plus) is not compattable
« Reply #1 on: 12:53 PM - 12/26/15 »
Welcome to the community. Could you try upgrading to our latest Beta to see if it makes any difference for you?

The latest build is 20151120 please follow the installation and pairing (or re-pairing) instructions in each thread below.

201501120 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43238.0
201501120 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=43239.0

Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ZayaFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:02 PM - 12/26/15 »
Thank you for the lightning fast reply, I will try that and restore my XIM4 to factory settings as I do not wish to use the G13 anymore anyways so I don't need the profiles. Then I will try using the G710 again. However, I have one question. Do you have any suggestion on which usb to plug in to the port on the XIM4? One USB from the G710 seems standard, and has the standard USB symbol on it, the other cable has a Logitech Logo and a picture of a keyboard with an arrow going outwards of it.

Offline ZayaFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:16 PM - 12/26/15 »
Thank you so much! You must update to the latest firmware and use the LOGITECH USB cable not the standard one !  Thank you!!!! :-)

Logitech G710 (NON-Plus) >is< compatible!

1.) Update to latest firmware
1.a)Update to latest manager
2.) Plug in all devices into the XIM4, (Paying special attention to the keyboard, use USB cable that has Logitech logo on it)
3.) Open Manager & Connect
4.) Edit your stuff :-)