XIM Community

Will Smart Config make the mouse Translation curve into a straight line?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Hester

• View Profile
Will Smart Config make the mouse Translation curve into a straight line?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I don't quite understand the question?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Hester

• View Profile
I don't quite understand the question?
I would like the XIM to move like I was PC gaming(Ignoring the limited Max turning speed). I believe the Translation curve is not accurate enough over the whole range of movment to do this. Is there a way to make the mouse movement more accurate?

Thanks,
Hester

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Don't expect that much out of hardware that's working within the constraints of analog joysticks?

You can't get PC performance from a platform that isn't the PC...

Offline Simulation

• View Profile
The XIM doesn't feel like a PC? I thought people swore up and down it did

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It's very subjective. To put it simply, smart translators will produce the best translation that is possible given the built-in contraints of the game. For example, you said "ignoring the limited max turning speed", but, there no such restriction like that on a PC. So, there will always be *something* that prevents perfection, but, you'll find those imperfections don't get in the way for a lot of players.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
Isn't this what smart configs are for?

Try out the Halo 3 config, it's about as accurate as you're going to get with any config. Makes it fell 99% like PC (As opposed to the 50-70% with other games).

Ignoring the max turning speed isn't possible, it's a game mechanic that the XIM can't get by (As it has already been stated).

Offline Conscience

• View Profile
Isn't this what smart configs are for?

Try out the Halo 3 config, it's about as accurate as you're going to get with any config. Makes it fell 99% like PC (As opposed to the 50-70% with other games).

Ignoring the max turning speed isn't possible, it's a game mechanic that the XIM can't get by (As it has already been stated).

Are you sure? I did my research on this vefore I got my XIM, once I got it I straight away used the smart mouse, which was cool but not PC-like. When I used this other guys config, it f elt very PC-Like

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Again, this is subjective.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
Were you playing Halo 3 with the Halo 3 smart config?  I ask because some people think the smart config should work on other games as well - it doesn't.

I'm not a Halo player so I've never tried it.

There are things which the XIM can't get rid of:
1) Capped turn speeds
2) Auto-aim which causes crosshairs to stick to players sort of