XIM Community

Did anyone test the Titan Two?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Did anyone test the Titan Two?
« on: 10:17 AM - 04/08/17 »
Ive seen they are beta testing the Titan Two now and it looks a bit similar to the XIM now, like its a small box with a few USB inputs/outputs.

I wonder if mouse/keyboard functionality was improved, because Titan One wasnt exactly good when it comes to using KBM.

Microsoft Master Race

Re: Did anyone test the Titan Two?
« Reply #1 on: 12:02 PM - 04/08/17 »
I bought it and sold it. There's nothing it can do that the Titan One can't do. It's software on the PC has less features than the Titan One's software and less user-friendly. The Titan Two uses a different language than the Titan One so there's that. 

Neither the Titan One or Two are good on their own they are good in collaboration with the Xim4.

If you have the Titan One there is absolutely no reason for you to "upgrade" it will only cause headaches.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 PM - 04/08/17 »
Alright thanks for the info sir. Thats sort of what I was expecting. T1 is not bad if you want to use scripts and cross plattform controllers, but purely for KB+M it cant compete with the xim4. Guess the only better product in terms of KBM functionality we will see is if xim5 comes out.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 10:11 PM - 04/08/17 »
Titan One vs Titan Two - https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=start

It's still in beta so the software is far from complete, but there's definitely stuff T2 can do that T1 can't.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Microsoft Master Race

« Reply #4 on: 04:04 PM - 04/09/17 »
@Anti is a biased party in this since he/she is heavily involved in their forums as well.

What you linked is a bunch of gibberish and numbers.

No real world impact tbh.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:10 AM - 04/10/17 »
I also have the Titan 2, it's still in beta. I never had a titan 1, so i cant really tell you a comparison. I like it so far and based on hardware specs, it seem it will be able to surpass Titan 1 limitations. Like any new hardware, time will be the judge.

@Anti is a biased party in this since he/she is heavily involved in their forums as well.

LOL! this guy...or girl  ;)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:47 AM - 04/12/17 »
I really had to bite my tongue when I read this but I feel a strong urge to defend it as I think it's a fantastic product:

I bought it and sold it. There's nothing it can do that the Titan One can't do.

Seriously? I hit 99.9% usage on my Titan One, and with the power of Titan Two I'm now able to write scripts like 7 times larger in size. It supports more precision through floating point numbers. It supports Mac. A mobile app is due out soon. It has permanent authentication so there are no more time outs. It has programmable RGB's. I could go on forever...

The Titan Two uses a different language than the Titan One so there's that.

That's the nature of progress. The T2 supports floating point numbers and a bunch of advanced programming techniques. Also there's a header file you can use that will make your script backwards compatible by simply copying and pasting a single line of code. AND there's also an auto code-converter that has been promised for later. No it's not ideal that it's a different language, but it wasn't done for no reason. No company ever likes to make stuff harder than it should be just for the hell of it. And they've created many pathways for you to very, very easily upgrade your old scripts. So there's nothing to complain about really.

Neither the Titan One or Two are good on their own they are good in collaboration with the Xim4.

That's not true. If you have no need for a mouse and keyboard, the T2 stands alone perfectly.

It may not suit you, that's fine. Not every product is for everyone. But please don't say this is bad product, I think it's a huge leap from Titan One and worth every penny IMO.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:48 AM - 04/12/17 »

Do you think he's involved because he's forced to? He's a volunteer. Doesn't get paid a cent. He does it because he likes the product, as do I.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:00 AM - 04/12/17 »
Alright thanks for the info sir. Thats sort of what I was expecting. T1 is not bad if you want to use scripts and cross plattform controllers, but purely for KB+M it cant compete with the xim4. Guess the only better product in terms of KBM functionality we will see is if xim5 comes out.

They are such distinct products, I don't know what value there is in even comparing them. I don't get why the T1 vs XIM comparison question always comes up. They couldn't be more different.

One is for scripts, the other is for world class mouse and keyboard support. Apples and Oranges.

Microsoft Master Race

« Reply #9 on: 12:28 PM - 04/12/17 »
I really had to bite my tongue when I read this but I feel a strong urge to defend it as I think it's a fantastic product:

Seriously? I hit 99.9% usage on my Titan One, and with the power of Titan Two I'm now able to write scripts like 7 times larger in size. It supports more precision through floating point numbers. It supports Mac. A mobile app is due out soon. It has permanent authentication so there are no more time outs. It has programmable RGB's. I could go on forever...

Yeah I have never had a problem where the length of the script prevented me from doing what I wanted but I know that was a problem for most people.

For instance, I have a long script which include a lot of moving parts. Of course, this was in tandem with the XIM4 so I didn't have to re-bind buttons for comfort purposes.

It's still pretty early in the BETA process maybe they can add value for people with already matured Titan One devices. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

That's the nature of progress. The T2 supports floating point numbers and a bunch of advanced programming techniques. Also there's a header file you can use that will make your script backward compatible by simply copying and pasting a single line of code. AND there's also an auto code-converter that has been promised for later. No it's not ideal that it's a different language, but it wasn't done for no reason. No company ever likes to make stuff harder than it should be just for the hell of it. And they've created many pathways for you to very, very easily upgrade your old scripts. So there's nothing to complain about really.

I am not really an expert on script languages I just pointed out the fact that the language is different. It seems like it's slight but it's akin to console generations in the past that weren't backward compatible. At the time people said "well it's a new generation" and like you said above "It's the nature of progress" I have heard both and many more arguments. It's 2017 and now those arguments about new products not supporting previous legacies seem to not hold water anymore.

I am not saying that a new language is anti-consumer I am just saying a little continuity by implementing legacy type features would be nice for the consumer.

BTW I tried the new header file and it's hit and miss. On a simple rapid fire script which is maybe 6-8 lines w/ the header it still needed some script changes to work. Imagine having to change a 150+ line script because a legacy language wasn't supported. It's a nightmare. But again not that big of a deal.

That's not true. If you have no need for a mouse and keyboard, the T2 stands alone perfectly.

It may not suit you, that's fine. Not every product is for everyone. But please don't say this is bad product, I think it's a huge leap from Titan One and worth every penny IMO.

Never said it was a bad product. For the purposes I use the product, which is along side the XIM4 because you get the best mouse and keyboard translation and scripting that the Titan product provides in spades, the Titan Two is not much of an upgrade as of today.

Maybe I misspoke, there are other ways to use the Titan One and Two and if you want scripting on a gamepad, complete button remapping, or to use a specific gamepad that isn't supported on a certain console then that's a pretty good use of it.

Keep in mind Santigold is asking a question on a forum of a very good but niche product (Xim) about another and even more niche product (Titan) it's fair to think he is asking about the Xim4 and Titan working together.

Also didn't mean for my comment about @Anti to come across as some sort of diss or something. How you feel about the Titan Two is probably how I feel about the Titan One so it's all good...everybody has their preferences. We are both after the same goals though so no disrespect on my end, sorry if it came across like that.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:33 PM - 04/12/17 »
All good, I guess many of us are just really passionate about this sort of thing:)

And yeah the header file needs work, hopefully J2Kbr can create that code converter soon, it will be a huge selling point to people thinking about upgrading.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 04:46 PM - 04/24/17 »

He/she...seriously? And what bias would that be, that I know what I'm talking about based on some weird intangible like "experience"? Way to get the crowd onside there champ.

I intentionally posted a feature comparison, which is completely impartial and free from bias, to avoid a stupid argument. But, if you insist...

The biggest limiting factor of Titan One is script size, which has an obvious "real world impact" if you're a either a scripter or someone who uses a GPC script. I had to strip functionality from my Destiny scripts because they wouldn't fit on T1. T2 scripts can be approximately 20 times the size. Suffice to say, bytespace is no longer a issue, meaning we can create far more complex and feature-rich scripts that solve more problems.

There's also "real world impact" like voice, chat and speaker throughput to DualShock 4 on PS4, something neither the T1 nor the Xim4 can do. Not to mention up to 6 simultaneous connected devices without the need to connect to PC. Just having both an XB1 and PS4 controller connected is a huge plus if you prefer one or the other.

And let's not forget keyboard mapping to pop off macros without eating up your Xim4 or T2 script bindings, nor interfering with in-game controller functionality. And there's Mac support, iOS and Android mobile apps, BlueTooth support, GUIs for all scripts, code encryption to protect our scripts from the nefarious competition, greatly improved HID device support, full force-feedback, sub-1ms response rate, a power jack that will potentially resolve Xim4 m/kb power drain issues...the list of stuff the T2 can do that T1 can't goes on and on. Granted, not all of that is supported now, but it's coming.

So yeah, let's just agree with the guy who knows exactly jack about the Titan Two and dismiss the guy who knows his sh!t because of fanboy bias  ::) 

The whole reason I'm a mod at Console Tuner is to support the Xim + Titan users, which I do voluntarily because I like both products and like helping others get more from both devices. I do much the same thing here, but without the mod status.

I am not really an expert on script languages I just pointed out the fact that the language is different. It seems like it's slight but it's akin to console generations in the past that weren't backward compatible. At the time people said "well it's a new generation" and like you said above "It's the nature of progress" I have heard both and many more arguments. It's 2017 and now those arguments about new products not supporting previous legacies seem to not hold water anymore. I am not saying that a new language is anti-consumer I am just saying a little continuity by implementing legacy type features would be nice for the consumer.

The reason the language was changed is two-fold -

Firstly, GPC is a very limited sub-set of C optimised to fit within a very small memory footprint. The upgraded GPC language expands upon that sub-set and offers a larger set of tools to solve more complex problems, like anti-recoil, variable-rate rapid-fire and load-out arrays, and to take advantage of the larger memory and faster speed of the new T2 chipset.

Secondly, the legal sh1t-fight between T1 and CM meant that J2K needed to distance himself from any possible intellectual property claims over the T2, including the software. That meant rewriting the T2 language and GTuner app from scratch. The earlier GPC code-base was entirely his work, but the d1ckheads at CM managed to wrangle a shared IP legal claim which flies in the face of all logic and reason, meaning he can't use his original GPC code moving forward.

J2K got completely dicked over in a business relationship gone bad, which is nothing short of a travesty considering the dominant marketshare of the CM which rightfully should either be his (he created all of it), or not produced at all (it was taken from him). I put the dude in the same elevated company as OBsIV - both super-smart, nice guys who run small businesses that help gamers, listen to their customers, connect with their communities and don't sell out. People like that deserve our support, not sh!t flung at them.

Also didn't mean for my comment about @Anti to come across as some sort of diss or something. How you feel about the Titan Two is probably how I feel about the Titan One so it's all good...everybody has their preferences. We are both after the same goals though so no disrespect on my end, sorry if it came across like that.

You're obviously a smart guy MS Master Race, but there's no need to be a smart-arse. There's a tonne of stuff the T2 can do that the T1 cannot, which can't be dismissed as merely "gibberish and numbers". And to imply that I'm little more than a fanboy or that my viewpoint is tainted because I'm on the payroll (I'm not) is both disrespectful and ill-informed.

That said, I do agree with you that right now there is no compelling reason to ditch a T1 for a T2. The learning curve for T2 scripts has created a barrier to entry (which is actually beneficial for skilled GPC coders) and I still find myself coding for and using a T1 far more than the T2 because it's easier to use. But in 1 or 2 years, it'll be a completely different story as the T2 matures, the script library fleshes out and the promised features materialise.

Luckily for us as consumers, the Titan One isn't going anywhere. It'll continue to be produced alongside the Titan Two, so we have a choice between the simplicity of the T1 and the complexity of the T2. For most Console Tuner customers, it'll be a choice between factors that don't affect m/kb users at all, like the aforementioned improved device support, force feedback, chat throughput etc. For those of us who combine Xims and Titans, T2 promises a lot more than the T1 can deliver to us as both coders and gamers.
« Last Edit: 02:13 AM - 04/25/17 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin