XIM Community

Awesome Aluminum Pad for only $9 on Amazon  (Read 14309 times)

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Aluminum Pad for only $9 on Amazon
« Reply #45 on: 05:19 PM - 01/05/16 »
The speed by surface pad is definitely the best option for a slick hard pad.  No question.   Got mine in today.  Woot

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12:48 AM - 01/06/16 »
Does this freeze your wrist upon touch? Does it heat up in a few seconds like a soda can, or longer like cast iron? lol
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #47 on: 09:38 AM - 01/06/16 »
It stays fairly cool to the touch at all times.

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01:19 PM - 01/06/16 »
Ordered it last night. Shipped at 2am from NorCal and will be delivered to SoCal with no ETA. I'm guess either tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully it's compatible with my G502, G700, and G500.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02:11 PM - 01/06/16 »
I have a G502.  Tracks perfectly.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06:11 PM - 01/06/16 »
Works great on g502 and da chroma for sure.

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04:55 PM - 01/08/16 »
Received it. First aluminum pad. Compared to the 4HD it's replacing, it larger, and looks nicer. However the mouse tends to grab onto it more like a dirty cloth pad. I'm going to have to get used to it. It's not as glidey and free moving compared to the 4hd.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05:03 PM - 01/08/16 »

Received it. First aluminum pad. Compared to the 4HD it's replacing, it larger, and looks nicer. However the mouse tends to grab onto it more like a dirty cloth pad. I'm going to have to get used to it. It's not as glidey and free moving compared to the 4hd.

You have to oil it up
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09:40 PM - 01/08/16 »

You have to oil it up
With what?

Offline trenth

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TrentHallmark
« Reply #54 on: 11:15 AM - 01/09/16 »

You have to oil it up
With what?

He's trolling, you don't put oil on the mousepad.

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #55 on: 11:20 AM - 01/09/16 »
You might have to get some ptfe tape to help with the glide.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline trenth

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05:32 PM - 01/09/16 »
This pad is amazing, it's super slick, my Zowie FK2 loves it. I don't have as precise aim with a hardpad as I do with cloth. So this might not be as good for PC gaming. But for aim assist Black Ops 3 this thing is legit. I just throw the mouse in the general direction and let the aim assist take over. It's crazy.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09:41 AM - 01/11/16 »
I'd had an extra in my cart so I could monitor the stock.  I just know that when these are gone that that's it.  Saw that there were only 3 left so I pulled the trigger on the spare.  Now there's only 2 (if that).  Might want to hurry up lol.

There are still silver ones left, though the black looks better, and probably less chance of tracking issues.

Offline trenth

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02:45 PM - 01/11/16 »
I'd had an extra in my cart so I could monitor the stock.  I just know that when these are gone that that's it.  Saw that there were only 3 left so I pulled the trigger on the spare.  Now there's only 2 (if that).  Might want to hurry up lol.

There are still silver ones left, though the black looks better, and probably less chance of tracking issues.

I'm pretty sure you can contact Act-Labs and they will send you another one.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04:22 PM - 01/11/16 »

I'm pretty sure you can contact Act-Labs and they will send you another one.

Possibly, but I'll just keep a spare in the closet.

Now as I say this, they just reupped the stock, so sky isn't falling lol.  Either way, I'm set.  I won't even look at another pad, and if something happens to the one I have, I'll pull the other out of the closet.

Admin