XIM Community

Awesome Aluminum Pad for only $9 on Amazon  (Read 14307 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Awesome Aluminum Pad for only $9 on Amazon
« on: 12:25 PM - 12/23/15 »
Surface by Speed Aluminum Pad:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFWH880/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1451921289&sr=1&keywords=Surface+by+speed

Edit:  Since I returned the Func pad and am all about the Surface by Speed Aluminum pad, I updated this thread.  Doesn't make sense anymore as it started as a recommendation for the Func pad.  I left the original info below, though, in case anyone that would rather have a large plastic pad, can still find it.

Original recommendation:

The Func F-Series F10s Hardpad at 17" is the only one that fits the bill.

It is 17" wide and 11.5" tall.  It is the same thickness as the steelseries 4/9HD hardpads.  The surface of the F10 is smoother than the 9HD, but has a tiny bit of texture.  Still has good control, but a better glide.  Might still prefer the 9HD surface  a bit, though my mouse feet will probably prefer the F10s lol.  They make it in an F30r variation which is rougher and probably closer to the 9HD, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the 17" version, only the smaller one (13" I think).

I had been using a mouse bungee for my cord, but the pad comes with a cord clip, and I actually prefer it.  Kept the cord out of the way and not dragging, but still had enough slack.  Even the slack is kept away.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ES6K3Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
« Last Edit: 09:31 AM - 01/04/16 by Web-head »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
Re: For the those that want a truly large Hardpad
« Reply #1 on: 01:32 PM - 12/23/15 »
Interesting. I might pick one up. The last hard pad I used was bestbuy's rocketfish brand that was Dual sided. That was a pretty good pad IMO. It did make moving the mouse effortless. I don't remember however if I had to adjust the sensitivity on the manager because of how smooth it was. Did you have to do that? Could you also post some pics up just to get an idea of how large it actually is. Thanks n advance.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 PM - 12/23/15 »
Interesting. I might pick one up. The last hard pad I used was bestbuy's rocketfish brand that was Dual sided. That was a pretty good pad IMO. It did make moving the mouse effortless. I don't remember however if I had to adjust the sensitivity on the manager because of how smooth it was. Did you have to do that? Could you also post some pics up just to get an idea of how large it actually is. Thanks n advance.

I thought that I would need to, but I actually didn't change my sens.  I even upped it for a bit and it wasn't bad at all.  I tuned it to the G502 of course.

Here is a link with a close up pic:

http://hexus.net/gaming/reviews/hardware/4446-mouse-mat-group-test/?page=3

It looks exactly like that.  When I get home I'll take some pics with the G502 on it for scale, but it is a legit 17".  It's bigger than my Hayate and almost as big as my qck+/Heavy.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:22 PM - 12/23/15 »
Is there a hardmat that is exactly like the first Razor destructor?
Crusade atm: none

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:33 PM - 12/23/15 »
Never used it, so I wouldn't know.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:04 AM - 12/24/15 »
Sorry Remix.  Seeing your comment in the other thread made me remember that I forgot to take pics of the pad lol.  Was too busy comparing the Tartarus and G13 and then getting up to speed with the G13 after choosing it over the Tartarus. Hopefully I remember tonight.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:18 AM - 12/25/15 »
Y'all trynna spend all this money on large hard pads and I'm like

2 bux at Walmart.   It's a placemat.  Hard textured plastic.  Git it....

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:20 AM - 12/25/15 »

Does this really work? Does the tracking stay constant over the design and such? I'm interested to see how it would work because this could be a very good alternative to a speed pad if it works
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:33 PM - 12/25/15 »
Qpad Heaton XL is good if you can find one
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:35 AM - 12/26/15 »
Qpad Heaton XL is good if you can find one

Looked for it before I got the F10s.  Couldn't find one.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:42 PM - 12/26/15 »

Does this really work? Does the tracking stay constant over the design and such? I'm interested to see how it would work because this could be a very good alternative to a speed pad if it works

Yes it really works and is consistent.   I've been playing with the g502 and tested with the da chroma.  Works awesome.  Very slick and fast and the texture is great.  You can spray paint with some flat black if you wanted.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:02 PM - 12/26/15 »

Yes it really works and is consistent.   I've been playing with the g502 and tested with the da chroma.  Works awesome.  Very slick and fast and the texture is great.  You can spray paint with some flat black if you wanted.

Link would help.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:30 AM - 12/27/15 »
I have walmart place mats that I bought for my kids. I 'm wondering if they're the same one he's talking about?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:16 AM - 12/28/15 »
Here's the pic, as promised:

« Last Edit: 11:20 AM - 12/28/15 by Web-head »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:09 PM - 12/28/15 »
I ended up ordering this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-gaming-mouse-pad-gray/3640004.p?id=1219092582080&skuId=3640004

Its dual sided and a little bit smaller than yours. I needed something just right in terms of size for my desk. on top of that I got it for $12.99 ( Open box ) + free ship.
XiM3R since ever since.