XIM Community

Does ObsIV have a PS3?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline evanquinn

• View Profile
Does ObsIV have a PS3?
« on: 01:56 PM - 01/24/10 »
If not, we need to make donations so he can get one and we can have a PIM. damnit. And if he does, why doesn't he make a PIM? sorry if this has been asked before.

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
Re: Does ObsIV have a PS3?
« Reply #1 on: 01:59 PM - 01/24/10 »
If not, we need to make donations so he can get one and we can have a PIM. damnit. And if he does, why doesn't he make a PIM? sorry if this has been asked before.

I hope you're joking.

Read the forums. There are no plans for a PIM.

"6) Xbox-only: Sorry PS3 users, XIM is staying true to it's name: "Xbox Input Machine". There will be no native version of XIM for PS3 users."

No native version of XIM for PS3 users. So no PIM.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:18 PM - 01/24/10 »
I doubt he would want to develop one. If it were me and I was working on a project in my spare time I wouldn't want to devote even more time to a different system. Maybe if he becomes a millionaire from xim3 and has all the spare time in the world.. dream big.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #3 on: 08:03 PM - 01/25/10 »
honestly the ps3 already has the frag fx.....that already sucks for the xbox cause we never had that till obsiv.......i know theres no keyboard but i mean u still get to use the mouse aspect of it  :)

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:22 PM - 01/26/10 »
FragFX is crap. I had one and it never worked and broke almost immediately. It was better than nothing while it lasted, but it didn't last long.

In a way he accidentally created the PIM. You can get a XIM1 to work directly on a PS3 and it responds about as good as a XIM2 on 360 because there is no lag on a XIM1 hooked to a PS3.

I'd imagine if the demand ever reaches a breaking point there could be something made for PS3 probably a lot easier than the development of the XIM since the core XIM code already works on PS3 and there's no controller security.

If you were around from the XIM1 days, you might remember it was initially (and maybe still?) was emulating a PS controller to plug into the PS controller port on the XFPS.

Check the PS3 section for more (although I admit I haven't used my PS3/XIM setup in ages). Too busy with my XIM2 on 360.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:45 PM - 01/26/10 »
FragFX is crap. I had one and it never worked and broke almost immediately. It was better than nothing while it lasted, but it didn't last long.

In a way he accidentally created the PIM. You can get a XIM1 to work directly on a PS3 and it responds about as good as a XIM2 on 360 because there is no lag on a XIM1 hooked to a PS3.

I'd imagine if the demand ever reaches a breaking point there could be something made for PS3 probably a lot easier than the development of the XIM since the core XIM code already works on PS3 and there's no controller security.

If you were around from the XIM1 days, you might remember it was initially (and maybe still?) was emulating a PS controller to plug into the PS controller port on the XFPS.

Check the PS3 section for more (although I admit I haven't used my PS3/XIM setup in ages). Too busy with my XIM2 on 360.

This is all true but the xim360 is a lot more accurate ;P
Tbh! i would love to see a PIM...
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:33 PM - 01/26/10 »
I started out with XIM1 on PS3 long before I got a XIM2 (or a 360 for that matter). I never noticed a difference between Modern Warfare on there compared to the 360 version when I bought it again for that.

It would definitely be better with games like Resistance or Killzone to have a new model with smart configs though. Those games are very sluggish and would definitely benefit. I'm sure MAG releasing today would as well.

Offline NateS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:38 AM - 01/27/10 »
I'm pretty sure you could wire a PG3B to a PS3 controller and get it to work.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #8 on: 07:42 AM - 01/27/10 »
I'm a PS3 XIM1 guy and absolutely love it.  Never went to XIM2 because, for all intents and purposes, that brought the XIM experience on the 360 to equal what we already had on PS3.  That being said the XIM3 interests me, and if there ever is a bridge, I'm on board if there's a way to get a "smart config" for these games. 

I know it's not the intent.  I'm quite happy with what I have.  But if / when someone takes the XIM3 and finds a way to make it PS3 friendly, I'm sure I'll be taking a looooong look. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline evanquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:11 AM - 01/29/10 »

I hope you're joking.

Read the forums. There are no plans for a PIM.

"6) Xbox-only: Sorry PS3 users, XIM is staying true to it's name: "Xbox Input Machine". There will be no native version of XIM for PS3 users."

No native version of XIM for PS3 users. So no PIM.

No, I am not joking. I am asking if he HAS a PS3, Why hasn't he thought of doing a PIM? Don't treat me like an idiot, please. and if you already had the know how to of a XIM why couldn't you do something nearly identical with a PS3? seems pretty smart to me, i mean all of my friends ask me everyday "when will we have one of those mouse keyboard connectors for ps3" I am dreaming big. I just dream that we can play fps's the way they were meant to be played.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:04 AM - 01/29/10 »
I too would really like to see a PIM or  a 2in1 XIM that has both connectors for both consoles...

But i think OBsIV is just concentrating on the XIM3 atm. And maybe in the future he will get around to making on, if the demand is great enough, which it will be as soon as the XIM3 is released :)

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Admin